Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys i just invented a top secret muffler bearing kit that is guaranteed to get you 467,000 mpg. now if you send me $6,000 not only will i sell u one but ill throw in a gallon of my secret blinker fluid catalyst that will give u another 2,000 mpg's and when u combine that with my flux capaciter you'll actually have to pull over from time to time and take fuel out of your tank bacause all three of these fine products work together to actually make fuel.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
twtcad
Senior User
Originally Posted by tattoo_skullhead
hey guys i just invented a top secret muffler bearing kit that is guaranteed to get you 467,000 mpg. now if you send me $6,000 not only will i sell u one but ill throw in a gallon of my secret blinker fluid catalyst that will give u another 2,000 mpg's and when u combine that with my flux capaciter you'll actually have to pull over from time to time and take fuel out of your tank bacause all three of these fine products work together to actually make fuel.
I'm in.....what is your PP addy.......LOL

Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
Originally Posted by twtcad
I'm in.....what is your PP addy.......LOL
oh yeah and i dont take checks or credit cards...just cash...lol

Old 04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
dwags15
New User
preignitioncc

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
See if the manufacturer will send you one free, if it works as advertised pay him.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:37 PM
bnuvp
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordcountry
I posted this from the webite:

.....electrical reaction to break down the fuel molecules into their elemental state, the PICC creates a plasma, which burns super efficiently and cleanly! Our “Pre-Ignition” Catalytic Converter feeds the engine instead of the environment. So the gasoline you pay for goes further and the exhaust is so negligible it hardly registers.

I have found this thread and the hydrogen generator threads entertaining but wondering, is there a potential...so I did a search and found this pretty credible source. http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehicles...r_bromberg.pdf
This paper discusses an onboard hydrogen generator for diesel vehicles. The catch is it is for emission reduction in the exhaust stream prior to a N2 trap or converter. The PICC appears to be using part truths, partial science to scam people. If you go to the main website above and search on hydrogen you will find all kinds of research being done on hydrogen generation and internal combustion engines and none of them claim any of these type of efficiency gains. Most show decreases in efficiency when running hydrogen. I trust the labs and universities doing this research much more than a unknown website trolling for money.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 AM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tattoo_skullhead
oops forgot to tell you guys you'll need another battery because the flux capaciter needs at least 2.1 jiggawatts to run

Old 04-12-2008, 04:41 PM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
trying to keep the thread somewhat intelligent....

Guys, I understand the reasons that everyone is skeptical. I am no different than any other customers. I mentioned that my grandpa is a dealer, but that doesn't give me any special rights. I can sit here and read posts from people all day about the said flux capacitors but the truth is I love my X, and if at all feasible, I won't ever sell it. So naturally if there is any way to make it affordable I will try it and keep an open mind. So if I ever get this HAFC, and get it on there as always I will share truthful results. I think it can work and if it doesn't what am I really out? The dealer is the one to give the refund. Not the gurus at HAFC. Keep the X alive!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Old 05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
Finally got the HAFC...

Got the HAFC last week....the mechanic of choice that will be doing the dyno tuning had a few issues with his last install, and is wanting to line them out first. I am waiting to get it put on. The only last news that I got on a positive note is: My uncle who was a total skeptic bought two of these one of which he put on a 4wd chevy suburban and his other car is a honda civic, the part that I was amazed by was the results he is getting from the suburban. On the interstate the suburban is getting 34 mpg. He said that it has averaged between 34 and 27 mpg. 27 being the least he has gotten since he got the kit put on. The mechanic had never previously done an install before and is having trouble keeping a consistent 34. But after attending conference calls the people at HAFC have said that maybe dialing in slower changes plugging values in smaller increments would probably net larger gains, and possibly gains over 34mpg. This suburban is a 350. I find myself asking what will the v10 x do. I hope it will do well. It has been said by a tuner out east that he doesn't like fords but loves to put HAFC's on them because they do so well. When I get this thing on I will post the results on here first thing. Also at that time if you don't believe the results and if they are good....fingers crossed it will be your loss. So know this if it is good or bad I will share the results alike. Maybe if you are close to indiana you could come see it for yourself once it is installed. Also if any of you do order them it took about 5-6 weeks to get it for me. I told everyone on here I would continue to share so here I am,

Matt

Old 05-04-2008, 05:33 PM
quietman
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Matt-

I have to conclude since you keep posting this trash that you are are a lying piece of crap.

If you really are just a very, very stupid individual, then my apologies.

Stupid hurts, and is very expensive, and rightly so...there is enough info "out there", everything from mythbusters to the links in this thread to a simple google search that anyone who wastes any time/money on your scam is getting *exactly* what they deserve.

quietman

Old 05-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Paul T
More Turbo
Well, did we scare Matt off or maybe he just doesn't have it installed and tuned yet. It is about time for an update, don't you think?

Old 06-01-2008, 02:09 PM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
didn't scare me off......

I know that it is few and far between that I post. I have already worked 400 hours of overtime this year and don't get online much since I am mostly here at work. I actually am at work right now. I did finish the install except for the wiring. The reason that I haven't hurried is becuase the original tuner backed out. He is smart, but doesn't come from an automotive electronics background and he shyed away when he found that you have to mingle with various sensors. I thought that he would be successful because he has a chassis dyno but I will just have to wait and have it tuned by someone else. As always my only promise is to share the results and the experience. I know even though I haven't been a member long that there are alot of good people on here who care about others, and a few of them maybe not so much, such as the individual above that is talking down to me. I can however say that I watched a video on methods of tuning the hafc and various affected sensors and now I understand more fully why it works on alot of applications. My only hang up is this is primary driver and I am hesitant to do much without help of others who are more knowledgeable about tuning. I talked to a friend of mine ford mechanic since the 80's and has every ounce of Ford factory training since and I think that he is considering this strongly. If I can get him to tune it I would be really surprised if the results weren't amazing. Bottom line is fuel isn't going down and anyone who doesn't keep an open mind about these things could be left out if someone does come up with good solutions to some of these vary large issues. Thanks for your time.......I'll be back

Matt

Old 06-02-2008, 03:30 PM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
I guess there's something to it,check this out.
Fred & Ruby's Place- powered by SmugMug

Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
SemiExcursion
New User
I'm doing the compressed air conversion on my X...haha... pretty clever really.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:36 PM
VodkaMan
Junior User
Old 06-13-2008, 11:40 PM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
that will be interesting

It will be interesting to see what they find......Keep us posted,

Matt

Quick Reply: 100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?