Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Junior User

Ford4dog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just moved to TN, 1st truck, new to forum

Well that pretty much sums it up, but for the longer story.

Number one I will openly admit that I am a car junkie. The first step is identifying the problem...or so they say.

My wife and I recently moved to the Nashville TN area. I say area because we haven't found a house yet and are living out of a hotel. I want something with a big yard and a nice garage and shop, and she is worried about schools for kids we don't have yet. Finding the best of both worlds isn't working out.

The good thing is that since we have been in Nashville I got my very first truck. A 2001 F150 Super Crew 4x4. I think the only mods are a tonneau cover. But me getting the truck is kind of interesting. I used to be a Jeep guy, had a jacked up 97 Wrangler. My buddy and I put a 4" RC lift and 33x12.5 tires on it, but with the 4 banger it was a dog. I drove it for two years up until last August. Then we decided to sell my Wrangler and get my wife a new car (08 Mazda 3). I started driving her 02 Liberty that had been hers but it just wasn't me and I wanted a truck. My job moves us to Nashville and one day I am on craigslist. I find the F150 that is now mine on craigslist for sale. It was the first time I did it but I sent the folks and email asking if they wanted to trade their truck for our Jeep. Sure enough they did. We met up and checked out eachothers ride and decided to do the deal. I had to come to Columbia SC (where I still am) and my wife ended up going and doing the deal. So after it became mine I still haven't driven it. I drove it on the test drive but she drove it after the trade. Luckily I get to head back to Nashville tomorrow a take care of the not driving it issue.

So if anyone needs a hand wrenching on anything let me know and I will try and be there. Do you guys do that? Have wrenching parties? Jeep guys get together and do a whole bunch of projects at once, like install lifts, lights, whatever. Didn't know if you guys did that kind of stuff or not. Anyways I'm stoked about the truck and was glad to find a forum for it.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Post Fiend

tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
Welcome to FTE and welcome to the state forum. I'm about 20 minutes south of y'all in the franklin area. I don't hear of many wrenching parties around this area in particular, but I know some do it. One word of warning, once you start modding your truck, it's a sickness that you can't get rid of and the worst of it is trying to tell the ole ball and chain the next addition to the truck and why it is "needed"(that only goes so far, trust me on that). But once again welcome to the site and the group.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Senior User

streethealer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have fun here on FTE... It is totally addicting

1999 F-150 4x4 4.6L 3.55 F/R
In other words.....Bone Stock

I work on people for a living
Old 01-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Senior User

tatonka04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the site! There are a few of us pretty close to ya up here in the Clarksville area. So if you need something from up here, well, give us a shout. Good to see another Ford guy move in.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Shoot and God help us....

I had a bad time with a Ranger truck and out of hell and beyond a member came and not only helped me drag a tranny home - HE GOT FILTHIER THAN CLINTON helping to stuff it into my truck!

I never thought it would come to be like that - but it dang sure did.

There are (censored) FORD TRUCKERS in Tennessee!!!!

I'd bust my knuckles for you if I can!

(So long as it's on a week end and near me)

-Have lots of coffee, the darker the better. And home cookin' is fine by me....

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-18-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome to the chapter. There seems to be several Nashville members. I hope you can get some action with them.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Junior User

Thanks guys. Whelp maybe it was too good to be true. Driving it around for the first time today and it threw the check engine light on tonight. I went to autozone and had them read it and it came out that P0171 1 of 1. Which according to the autozone guy is the O2 sensor. And according to the computer it is the O2 sensor on bank 1 and that bank 1 is too lean. So it looks like I get to start working right away. (by the way if you see this cross posted Opps)

I guess I get to start wrenching right away, just not on mods.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Post Fiend

bf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to behold
welcome.

wrenching parties? well, when i get some funds and you get a big garage with some tools, we can party putting new coils on my explorer to give it some lift. i live in an apartment, i have no tools.

my wife likes jeeps, planning on geting one some day. i had a 1973 cj5 with a v8 a few years ago, pretty nice, wish i would have kept it.

ford trucks i have previously owned
1972 f250 1989 f250
1995 f350 2004 f250
2006 f250

will get a truck again!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
While you all are doing that - I'll git the 351 machined out....

I ain't slow. I'm on A DAMN BUDGET!

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-18-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Junior User

"My dad has a awesome set of tools I can totally fix that". I'm trying to explain to my better half how much a lift would improve my garage, but I haven't won her over...yet. I am making sure that all the houses we are looking at have a garage high enough to put a lift in and raise a car/truck on. It might have to be with the door down on some of them, but it's doable. My buddies and I have lifted a few Jeeps, not hard just kind of a pain on some parts. Lifting an Explorer? I'll give it a go. Once we get a house, you bring the Explorer, parts and beer and we'll get it lifted.

I just spent the last few minutes searching what the P0171 code fix was, looks like I got some stuff to check tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Senior User

andywe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Heya Ford4Dog!!

I been an FTE member hre a coupl;e years now, and I too jsut relocated to Nashville Area from across the country. I was in Franklin, now a little North. I am ahead of you a bit ins ettling in (I been here since the end of August)

I am happy to lend a hand with info if you want. TN practices, rituals, and traditions (Meaning DMV, schools, counties, housing) as I extesively searhed for a home as I too needed a 3+ car garage, wanted some land, and a good school system. I'd be happy to share my info with ya!!

Email is andywe1@hotmail.com

http://www.universal-micro.com/images/tnsiglogocm.gif
Old 01-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Junior User

Thanks Andy. We haven't ventured to the DMV yet. We have "I think" narrowed down our search between two houses. Both are 2 car, but one is huge, big enough for a lift

Once we get settled I'm all for a wrenching party.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
I would check for a vacuum leak before I changed the o2 senser. Check the PCV line where it goes into the manifold. The elbow there is known to leak on these trucks & it will cause a lean code. I replaced this line twice on my 97 F150 by the time it had 130k on it.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Senior User

andywe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't rule out West WIlson COunty. Good schools there too and more bang for your buck on the housing! The hosue enxt door to me is a beautiful new house with a 3 car garage under 400k.

http://www.universal-micro.com/images/tnsiglogocm.gif
Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Junior User

I checked the PVC hose this afternoon, it seems to be in good. In fact under the hood is uber clean. The thing looks like it has never been dirty. Makes it easy to work on, but I'm sure it won't last long.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter

Tags
f250, p01711, powerstroke