Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Ah, the good luck keeps rolling in. . .truck wrecked. . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, the good luck keeps rolling in. . .truck wrecked. . .

What a great way to start the weekend

'Rounda 'bouts Friday midnight I hear a slew of Cop sirens coming up the street from WitchDuck road (main road around here) and as soon as I heard skidding and tires on dirt I kinda knew exactly what was happening. . .

Pretty much, the guy came flying around the corner. . .into our yard. . .smashed into the back of my moms car, went through it and into my truck. . .ricocheted across the street into the neighbors yard and pushed her car out of the driveway.

I got to watch them surround the guy, draw there weapons and everything, he nearly ran a few of them over as he backed up and smashed a cop car and took off down the road. . .took out a light pole and a few more cars as well. . .

Pics away!!

Here we have the tire tracks of where he came around the corner into our yard. . .

And then where he hit moms car into my truck. No, we were parked straight ahead in the driveway. See the two vehicles in the shot across the street? And then the car in the yard? THAT car was what he hit and pushed into the neighbors yard after he hit ours. . .

And a good shot showing the 6-8 feet they were moved. . .

Of course, moms car is probably totaled. . .

And where the perps car lifted and pushed moms car into my truck. . .

And finally where his car pushed under the back of my truck and then he went on his merry way. . .

No one was hurt that matters anyways. . .the guy and his passenger ended up in the hospital. They hit a power pole up the street hard enough to knock out power on that block. . .

Guy was 20 years old, and drunk. . .he was a burglary suspect. . .from what the cops told me

If nothing else, it's been neat. My rental is hella nicer than my truck (wrecked or not). It's a 2005 F150 XLT with power options out the wazoo, 4x4, extended cab, 5.4 V8, and it's BLACK

The rental place actually keeps it's trucks on a dealers lot. . that should be against the rules

Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, look on the bright side, at least they didn't mess the red truck up!! I thought you were selling the 150????

Old 02-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Yep, there's always a bright side

I'll be selling "Whitey" once I get the Red one back on the road. Motor is basically done, just need the internal balance flex plate and make some alignment dowels to get it back into the truck Would have had it in today, but the parts people don't seem to understand the difference between internal and external balance, so I need to reorder

Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Sorry to hear about your bad luck weekend. At least you were inside and not behind the wheel. Could've been a lot worse.
Hope you can get help from a " real " parts man next time, not some computer geek behind the counter. Return trips always upset me. Mostly my fault though. One of those buy twice to fix once when I broke the first one kind of things.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Yeah, it could have been worse. . .

I found a NAPA that has yet to screw up a parts order. Got my flex plate, though it did cost a bit more than AutoZone or Advance. . .but its the right one, so I guess it's worth it.

Hopefully I can post back tomorrow that the motor is in

Old 02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aw, man...That really sucks. Entertaining, though.

I'm surprised roller-tard's fuel pump didn't shut off when he hit your mom's car. I guess it was mostly superficial damage- bumper, sheetmetal, etc..

Congrats on all the progress the red truck, though. If the motor goes in this weekend, when's it gonna drive?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:59 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Yea, NAPA is on the expensive side, but worth it in the end. Had to replace the driver side electric window motor in our Jeep. Called the store closest to me. Said he didn't have it but called their warehouse/store for me and told me they would hold it till I got there. If you need the right part the first time, go to NAPA. No screw ups yet for me.