Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Senior User

Tom D is starting off with a positive reputation.
BD and seals

OK I'm totally confused. I really need to know if my existing fuel lines and seals will support using BD. I have changed return lines and o-rings between injectors . It seems everyone has a different opinion as to what year is safe. As you can see from my sig. I have a 93 IDI. Also, with first tank should I run B5-B20 or what?Thanks for your help. Tom
Old 01-13-2008, 09:31 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Tom, I've been using B-100 in my son's 91 F-350 for 2 years with absolutely NO leaking problems at all. He is still using the originals that came with the truck.It's my understanding that anything later than "92" is OK, but we've been using it with no problems on several 91-92 trucks. I'd say go for it and just keep an eye on it.......................
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Senior User

Thankyou Don
Old 01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Senior User

Do you think I should start off with a small mixture (B5) to clean out the system or what?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Postmaster

Fat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to all
I know for a fact that 30R7 hose is not compatible. I have had two pin hole size leaks in the past year. 30R9 has a teflon liner that will stand up I THINK !
Early 99 F250 PSD 4x4 CC 6spd Common Mods 300,000+ Miles, No longer driven daily
1964 Falcon Convert 289 Toploader 9" 4 Wheel Disks
Nov '10 Recipient: "dedicated report-back tech thread poster" award!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Elder User

CanadianSmokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.CanadianSmokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D
Do you think I should start off with a small mixture (B5) to clean out the system or what?
Why de-sludge gradually and have to change fuel filters more than once.... give 'er the full meal deal and change filter after a couple of tankfuls or when fuel restriction is noticed.

Ratt X

2001 7point3 PSD
All Go...No Show
Old 01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Elder User

CanadianSmokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.CanadianSmokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D
Why de-sludge gradually and have to change fuel filters more than once.... give 'er the full meal deal and change filter after a few tankfuls or when fuel restriction is noticed.

Ratt X

2001 7point3 PSD
All Go...No Show
Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Whoa an echo!! ROFLMAO
Old 01-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Just remember if you go north of Fl. then you could run into problems in cold weather with gelling using B100. FYI
Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Senior User

Smile

Thank you all for your replies. Tom
Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels