Vegistroke Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:41 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vegistroke Questions

I don't want appear to be "calling Jason or James out" over at Vegisstroke...but I've got a couple of questions that I haven't seen asked yet and though maybe some other guys could benefit from this thread. I've noticed in the Vegiestroke Conversion system listed over at DFA lists a pair of Contura switches, could a feller use one/two of the upfitter switches instead? If so, what Amp does the system need? How or what system do ya'll over there at Vegiestroke use to dewater/filter wvo? I'm not asking for a product indorsement...but more of a "this is what we like" type of statement. Does the system still come with hose-in-hose (HIH)? And the last question I've come up with so far, from start to finish what kind of time frame would most guys/gals be looking at for a DIY install? I'm no master mechinac, but I'm not scared of an oil change or rebuilding small blocks.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:10 PM
mongo75
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jason uses a Donaldson filter with a wrap-around heat blanket to filter and preheat the oil. It's your responsibility to run "clean' oil in regards to any water content. You can always run a Vormax filter like I have on my truck for themain fuel- it swirls the fuel to drop any water or junk in it. I can't answer from experience the other questions, but I would say if you can rebuild an engine, then you can install this in about a good whole day.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mongo75
Jason uses a Donaldson filter with a wrap-around heat blanket to filter and preheat the oil. It's your responsibility to run "clean' oil in regards to any water content. You can always run a Vormax filter like I have on my truck for themain fuel- it swirls the fuel to drop any water or junk in it. I can't answer from experience the other questions, but I would say if you can rebuild an engine, then you can install this in about a good whole day.
I'm not trying to dodge the responsibility of getting the oil clean of the water and food pieces...just looking for some advice from the manufacter of a kit I'm serouisly looking at; if I could just only get the department of finanice & adminstration to turn loose of the money. Has anyone tried their new filter/pump Aluminum billet block? From what I've seen and read of it looks interesting.