1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

you might be stupid....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you might be stupid....

you might be stupid if you leave driving school and get pulled over less than a mile form traffic school....

funny story there, i had driving school tonight for my 94 in a 70 adventure. came under the overpass/exit on the iinterstate doing 94 and a city cop clocks me. i slowed down for the exit too, but slowed down to me was still 94. not my brightest moment. expired insurance too. driving school tonight. well, a known idiot, who also had class comes around 3 curves sideways on wet road less than a mile away from class and a cop on his heels, and with no tail lights, so when he pulls over, cop almost rear-ends him! he got field sobriety test, whole 9 yards. tells the cop he just came from driving school, shows his pass-card, and gets by with it! why do some people have all the fun with seemingly no conciquinces?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
I dont know. I often wonder how it is others who seem to be the fortunate ones when it seems like I am the only one doing the right thing!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:26 AM
audimaster
Senior User
94mph anywhere on public roads makes you the stupid one indeed. 'And after all the tickets and class; I see it as the money would be better spent on a helmet, mods and racing track fees. In other words take your fast habit to the track or at least off the public roads!

The other kid got away because of this thing called evolution. "a known idiot" "3 curves sideways on wet road less than a mile away from class and a cop on his heels, and with no tail lights" Bingo!

Driving is a social activity much like walking on a sidewalk... Only you carry a deadly weapon in plain sight. Get insurance and don't let the man take any more of your money!

Sorry about the ******* lelecture like statements. However, damn you idiot drivers talking of your badass speeding habits, then talking smack about all the dumber ones than you getting away with similar driving styles. I think in this situation with the driving school and all, your statement was designed to lessen the blow of you getting caught speeding again. By suggesting marginal conflicting perspectives relating to yourself and that other guy's mishap leading to a lesser punishment is ridiculous.

Nerd.

Oh yeah and I got 200,000 miles and 2 tickets in my life only with my truck and you got 176,000 miles +tickets? I WIN!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:29 AM
audimaster
Senior User
Thats a mean looking truck by the way.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
97 HD
Elder User
Originally Posted by scatgo
I dont know. I often wonder how it is others who seem to be the fortunate ones when it seems like I am the only one doing the right thing!

I agrree. I think this applies to life in general not just on the road. There are people I work with who can slack off make mistakes and just not do their job in general and get away with it. I come along minding my own buisness make one minor mistake and get the book thrown at me.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:29 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 97 HD
I agrree. I think this applies to life in general not just on the road. There are people I work with who can slack off make mistakes and just not do their job in general and get away with it. I come along minding my own buisness make one minor mistake and get the book thrown at me.
I hear that! Same thing at my work.

We have redlite cams in Abq. I got popped for allegedly speeding 10 over but proved scientifically in court I was doing the speed limit, AND that the system was out of calibration. But they said I did it anyway. Follow the money. So I got some of those louvred plate covers, which are legal the way the law is written. I got pulled over just B4 Christmas and given a ticket for having the cover. The cop kept it too. Case was dropped at the arraignment. I see people running lites and driving like maniacs all the time in the presence of cops and they never pull them over. I guess they figure the cams will get them. But I get pulled over for a legal plate cover, waste an hour of my time, have my property taken and get called a criminal. Where's the justice?

2 stroke man, you need to seriously evaluate and change your attitude toward driving. I'd hate to see you kill someone or yourself driving like that. You're lucky you get to go to class instead of more serious consequences. Driving like that is a ticking time bomb. I'd hate to see something bad happen to anyone on this board.

Last edited by powrstrkr; 01-11-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
1969fordguy
Senior User
Um, 94 mph on the freeway is not that fast. On most long trips I find myself traveling around 85 or so and still getting passed all the time. My truck (4.10 gears) only goes 65-70 mph everywhere...

Old 01-11-2008, 04:12 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
DAMM THE MAN! and lay low brother........

Old 01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
88FordF-150
Elder User
It doesnt matter if anyone thinks its to fast or not that fast, thats opionion, but it is BREAKING the law, and you will get a nice fine and more than likely points. I think it is to fast, but thats my opinion. I just really dont see the point in going that fast, yes my truck will do over a hundred no problem, but no point in it. Lets keep the speeding on the track.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:37 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
94 aint that bad. i dont drive like that anywhere but freeways, and their wasnt much traffic. i had insurance, but my card had expired and i hadnt put the new one in the truck. and btw-that was first offence. it was only that light cause my uncle is sherriff a few counties over. i dont go around curves sideways and all that business

Old 01-11-2008, 09:13 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
on my base we have a quite **** safety department. the head saftey guy was giving a course on the usual stuff and one of his points was how so many people are speeding on post and the mp's are cracking down on it. he didnt make it a mile from the building we had the meeting in before getting pulled over for speeding.