Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Snowboard season cometh..

papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
I was in the 'burbs SW of Baltimore - Catonsville area, not far from Ellicott City. I used to run trails through Patapsco Valley State Park (14,000 acres, 80%+ trees!!) with my Akita - get hot? jump in the river. yeah, there's water back East!!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Junior User

flybaby_3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Papad.... I have no intention of running without a spare. Plan to mount it in inside the box along the side rail.

Gill... My plan exactly. Looking at different tanks at the wreckers that I could install where the spare is currently located. Thought I would use a high volume transfer pump and pump from the auxilary tank to the main. That's what I did with my two previous trucks but I had an 50gal inbed tank.
Not sure who asked, located about 60 miles north of Detroit MI.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Elder User

TXHillCountry is starting off with a positive reputation.
For you guys with the combo tanks (tool box and aux fuel tank), do any of you have the "low profile" type that will allow a bed cover, such as a Truxedo?

Thanks in advance!
TX

2003 F250 6.0 PSD FX4 King Ranch Crew Cab Shortbed -> STOLEN, STRIPPED, TOTALED
Banks Six Gun with PDA Banks Monster Exhaust Banks Intake EGR Delete Kit ARP Headstuds 2005 Grille 305/70/16 BFGoodrich ATKO tires Westin Bull Nose with 6" KC Slimlights ICON Vehicle Dynamics Leveling Kit
Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Senior User

oltrucker is starting off with a positive reputation.
transfer flo makes an in bed ank for the short bed that works with a 5th wheel. i have the 57 gal replacement tank for 3 years and boone has ever noticed that the rear of the tank sticks down an inch. i have the 100 gal in bed tank. 157 gal total. sure saves a lot of money fueling up where the fuel is cheaper. i added the fasss fuel filter system and have all the fuel go through it before it goes to the oem filters. the fass filters ae hard to find. if anyone gets their system, get a spare set of fiters an take them to a truck parts store and let them find the replacements. lots cheaper,,fass overcharges bad for them. and the numbers on them will not cross reference with anyones filters.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Elder User

JORYLEE76 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
jorylee judd
aux truck bed fuel tank wanted

I'm looking for an AUX fuel tank to install into my truck bed. im looking for something around 100 to 150 gallons. I'm in kitsap county washington state and would prefer something around here. If you know anyone that has one please let me know. I will be using it for bio diesel so it needs to be "CLEAN" or new please. also if anyone knows of any stores in the kitsap county washington state area that sell and install them that would help too. thanks a head of time.

JoryLee

1991 Silver Aniversery Bronco - current
2006 F250 XLT LONGBED SUPERDUTY XCAB PSD
1996 300/STRAIT 6 F150
1991 F250 HIGHBOY XCAB LONGBED 351MOD400
Old 01-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Elder User

Chance_Thomas is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have the same setup and love it. I do have a filter in between *** well as a cut off vlave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
I added a TransferFlow Across-the-bed tank to my '02 F-250. With their system, you do not have to worry about switches or valves to change between tanks. Great system. I now have a tool box/fuel tank combo in my F-350 carrying an additional 65 gallons. It is great being able to choose the state I want to refuel in rather than the town/city.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2008, combo, craigslist, extra, f250, f350, ford, fuel, fueltanks, gas, pickup, spare, tank, tire, toolbox