Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Junior User

'66GT is starting off with a positive reputation.
1966 mustang gt

Went to Van this w/e to tie up some loose ends and also to fire up my car. It's in storage until summer, when I'll be able to bring it home. Pics aren't so good - rain, getting dark - but here's a few for now. Apologize about the size - post would only allow layout size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:02 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Looks pretty cherry. Nice car
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Beautiful car, I love it!

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Posting Guru

sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
8d Sweeeeet!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Junior User

Thanks for the comments, gentlemen.

When I started it up, I just wanted to take her for a rip to Abby or find a place where I could open 'er up and drive mainly sideways.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
She goes as good as she looks?

Old 01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Posting Guru

Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by '66GT
Thanks for the comments, gentlemen.

When I started it up, I just wanted to take her for a rip to Abby or find a place where I could open 'er up and drive mainly sideways.
Take her out to Mission Raceway. I know the have street stock on certain days.

http://www.missionraceway.com/
Old 01-13-2008, 04:53 AM
Junior User

Quote:
She goes as good as she looks?
I've kept it as stock as possible, b/c it's still got the original 289 4v and 4 sp. I had the engine and tranny rebuilt to original spec two years ago (dyno'd 248 hp) so she goes okay. But with less than 500 miles since, I haven't had the time enjoy it. Argh.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Posting Legend

248 horse is still a respectable rating. With that 4 speed she should move just fine. Man what a classy car too!

Old 01-13-2008, 03:12 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
I applaud you for trying to keep it stock. It's not a very heavy car is it? It should clip a pretty good pace.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Posting Legend

It is all american steel, so I assume it would be a solid car, not too too heavy thogh.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Junior User

Quote:
I applaud you for trying to keep it stock. It's not a very heavy car is it? It should clip a pretty good pace.
Not a heavy car, but the rear is feather-light. After the rebuild, on the Barnett hwy two kids in a Prelude pulled up. I punched it and promptly put it sideways in a fishtail. Hands went immediately to 10 and 2 and slowed to 45 mph all the way home .

Keeping it stock is important to me. I brought it up from Houston TX eight years ago. I confirmed that it's an original GT, along with the original 289 and 4 sp, it also has the pony interior, a/c, console, and original stainless steel wheels (I put on for show) and fitted them with some Coker dual redline bias plys = worst handling ever!

Sorry if I'm sounding a little proud of her ... I know there's cars better than this one, but I'm always happy to share it with others. Thanks for the interest, guys!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:18 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Quote:
Not a heavy car, but the rear is feather-light. After the rebuild, on the Barnett hwy two kids in a Prelude pulled up. I punched it and promptly put it sideways in a fishtail. Hands went immediately to 10 and 2 and slowed to 45 mph all the way home .

Keeping it stock is important to me. I brought it up from Houston TX eight years ago. I confirmed that it's an original GT, along with the original 289 and 4 sp, it also has the pony interior, a/c, console, and original stainless steel wheels (I put on for show) and fitted them with some Coker dual redline bias plys = worst handling ever!

Sorry if I'm sounding a little proud of her ... I know there's cars better than this one, but I'm always happy to share it with others. Thanks for the interest, guys!
I'll take it the first two weeks of July please.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Junior User

Quote:
I'll take it the first two weeks of July please.
Waaa-hahaha!

No.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Hands went immediately to 10 and 2 and slowed to 45 mph all the way home .
Funny stuff, that will smarten a guy right up! And dont be sorry of sounding proud man, you have the right to be proud!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM