Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Cadillac CTS-V

Old 01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
WOW!

You must drive the same thing sglame does!

Is this suppose to be an insult or something?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:36 PM
phil6608
Post Fiend
And I only spent about as much as one of them cars cost,,,hahahahaha

Old 01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sglaine
If that is your truck at all...LAMO....I thought you were a Toyota owner the way you promote them.....
If you think that is my "imaginary" vehicle, do you really think I would have picked an F150? Wait till I post pictures of my V12 Aston Martin in my gallery!

I have explained to you before in another thread about my vehicles I currently own and have owned. Just goes to prove that if isn't a "Ford is the bestest in the world and everything else is garbage" you have problems comprehending.

So but I would never support the communist if I can help it..The things of it is you can do much about is the household goods..But I stay away from like Communist shops like Wal-Mart and other outfits like it......
So you are finally getting the point of my "toasters and TV's" theory in another thread? I knew the point of it would sink in someday....or not.

I am a firm believer in Ford Products and have owned them for more the 25 years. I have also owned GM trucks as well but not since 1988...
But you have not mentioned your years of experience with the Tundra and Titan, both of which you have no problem making assumptions about.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Hobo
Senior User
Originally Posted by phil6608
Thats not my truck.
Did you see my sig?
This is my truck!

Nice fake hood scoops. Very "Rice".

So your truck with a ton of mods, and nitrous can outrun a Ford GT in a strait line? That is funny if you want to start modding up a vehicle to compare to bone stock vehicles that is not really apples to apples now is it?

Do you think you could still out run a CTS-V, or GT500 with the same mods (or equivalents thereof) with your flying brick? I seriously doubt it.

For reference (in case you don't know what a Ford GT is) I am talking about the mid-engine Ford exotic that is no longer in production. Not only would it blow the doors off of your truck stock, if you go pick up a Feb. 08' issue of Car and Driver you can see a modded variant of the car ran a 10.6 second 1/4 mile with a trap speed of 152 mph. That was on it's way to 200mph in 18.9 seconds. Oh yeah, the Ford GT can also stop and go round corners.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:46 PM
phil6608
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Hobo
Nice fake hood scoops. Very "Rice".

So your truck with a ton of mods, and nitrous can outrun a Ford GT in a strait line? That is funny if you want to start modding up a vehicle to compare to bone stock vehicles that is not really apples to apples now is it?

Do you think you could still out run a CTS-V, or GT500 with the same mods (or equivalents thereof) with your flying brick? I seriously doubt it.

For reference (in case you don't know what a Ford GT is) I am talking about the mid-engine Ford exotic that is no longer in production. Not only would it blow the doors off of your truck stock, if you go pick up a Feb. 08' issue of Car and Driver you can see a modded variant of the car ran a 10.6 second 1/4 mile with a trap speed of 152 mph. That was on it's way to 200mph in 18.9 seconds. Oh yeah, the Ford GT can also stop and go round corners.
hahahaha very rice.
If you had a gallery,,maybe we could see what you drive....

And how much did you say them little cars cost?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
If you think that is my "imaginary" vehicle, do you really think I would have picked an F150? Wait till I post pictures of my V12 Aston Martin in my gallery!

I have explained to you before in another thread about my vehicles I currently own and have owned. Just goes to prove that if isn't a "Ford is the bestest in the world and everything else is garbage" you have problems comprehending.

So you are finally getting the point of my "toasters and TV's" theory in another thread? I knew the point of it would sink in someday....or not.

But you have not mentioned your years of experience with the Tundra and Titan, both of which you have no problem making assumptions about.

Have you even looked in your gallery lately I left a message there 2 weeks ago......

Old 01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
hahahaha very rice.
So your schtik is going into other members galleries and posting pics of their vehicles?

Don't get me wrong, you have a nice motor. But until you actually give us real #'s on how much that 11 second truck cost you....your talking out of your a**.

Last edited by SMIGGS; 01-10-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Hobo
Senior User
hahahaha very rice.

Currently I drive a Tundra. Your truck is faster in a strait line I will grant you, but it would not meet any of my needs for a truck. What with you having gone and tried to turn it into a drag race car with no ground clearance and skinny little tires up front.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? Besides for strait line speed there are plenty of guys with old F-bodies and Mustangs running much stronger numbers that you with far less money tied up in them. If drag racing is your game you would have been money, and results ahead building a Mustang. Less weight, less frontal area. With the kind of power you are running in the truck, in a light car body, you would be looking at low 11's to high 10's and traps in the 130's. Easy.

Last edited by Hobo; 01-10-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:08 PM
phil6608
Post Fiend
Currently I drive a Tundra. Your truck is faster in a strait line I will grant you, but it would not meet any of my needs for a truck. What with you having gone and tried to turn it into a drag race car with no ground clearance and skinny little tires up front.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? Besides for strait line speed there are plenty of guys with old F-bodies and Mustangs running much stronger numbers that you with far less money tied up in them. If drag racing is your game you would have been money, and results ahead building a Mustang. Less weight, less frontal area. With the kind of power you are running in the truck, in a light car body, you would be looking at low 11's to high 10's and traps in the 130's. Easy.
If I put that motor in a Mustang,,I would be pretty much be guaranteed a 9 second pass.
I don't run thous tires all the time.Just at the track.

Trust me,,I know if I wanted to go fast Id be better off in a car. But I just got a little carried away. lol
Is this high enough for ya?

Old 01-10-2008, 04:55 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
To each their own and I see your reasoning with pricing. Town Cars last just as long as any other vehicle. There is nothing special about them.

But still nowhere in the league of what Caddy offers up for performance models. Hell, I'm willing to bet a base V6 CTS would give the Touring Sedan option a run for it's money.

IMHO Lincoln dropped the ball hard when they canned the LS cars. ALOT of potential there. Lincoln's new marketing is geared towards younger people now a days, because lets face it, Lincoln has had the "old person" stigma to it for years.

While Caddy went away from that once it freshened up their designs and threw some muscle at thier line-up.

That's pretty good. But how many people spend money to buy a 300, 400, or now 500 hp Caddy and really worry about getting 30 mpg on the highway.
I considered a Cadillac because I had heard how great the Northstar engine performed. However, before I started looking, I checked on their reliability. I talked with independent garages and found out the Northstar gave a lot of problems. It has a 2 piece aluminum block that has a oil leaking problem between the two halves. Also, the Northstar engine takes a bunch of GM only unique tools to work on them and since independent garages don't have them and they are hard to work on, they won't work on them. I also checked with extended warranty companies and they had a $500 premium surcharge for a Cadillac with a Northstar engine. I figured there was a reason for that so I passed.

I don't buy a luxury car for high performance. I bought the Towncar ($2,000 less used than the same model year V6 Camry) to travel long distances with plenty of room in comfort with reasonable fuel consumption. The little bitty V6 Cadillac CTS will outrun the Lincoln but it doesn't do what I want a luxury car to do.

This old relic that is supposed to be ready to die will get on one of his motorcycles if he wants to go fast. About 500 miles a day is my limit on a motorcycle.

Last edited by osbornk; 01-10-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:10 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend

There will not be any ownership experience with the Tundra or the Titan...Will not support communist companies....And I stand firm on staying with Ford..

And one more thing I belong here on FTE because of my love for Fords and not here to bash nor Ford in anyway... Yes Some Ford I have owned were better then others but the bottom line Smiggs is this Ford has treated me well and I know what Ford Products that are good to buy and I buy them..

Last edited by sglaine; 01-10-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Hobo
Senior User
If I put that motor in a Mustang,,I would be pretty much be guaranteed a 9 second pass.
I don't run thous tires all the time.Just at the track.

Trust me,,I know if I wanted to go fast Id be better off in a car. But I just got a little carried away. lol
Is this high enough for ya?

Not quite, but it's a lot better than it was. I would love to see that motor in a F150 with a long travel suspension, a good AWD system, and a really good set of off road tires. Think of like a street legal Baja race truck. That would be bad ***.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Hobo
Senior User
There will not be any ownership experience with the Tundra or the Titan...Will not support communist companies....And I stand firm on staying with Ford..

And one more thing I belong here on FTE because of my love for Fords and not here to bash nor Ford in anyway... Yes Some Ford I have owned were better then others but the bottom line Smiggs is this Ford has treated me well and I know what Ford Products that are good to buy and I buy them..
Do you know what Communism is? I don't think you do. Any company in business to make a profit, is the exact opposite of what Communism is all about. Not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to Social Studies are you?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Do you know what Communism is? I don't think you do. Any company in business to make a profit, is the exact opposite of what Communism is all about. Not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to Social Studies are you?

LAMO only if you had a slight clue there... Trust me and I learned young from the old timers and they had said stay away from the communist garbage like Toyota.. You Study up on your Social Studys Then we will talk until then do not waste my time.....

Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Communism

1. A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.
2. Communism
1. A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.
2. The Marxist-Leninist version of Communist doctrine that advocates the overthrow of capitalism by the revolution of the proletariat.

Sorry to bust your bubble but those "old timers" you've been hanging around wouldn't know what a communist was if you crammed a copy of Karl Marx Communist Manifesto up their nose.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cadillac CTS-V