Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Posting Guru

Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.
New Job.

Wheee I got a Job at cypress Mountain. I ove it up there, mind you, today was an unusual day for the mountain. It was socked in most the day, with heavy snow 25c over night, plus another 10cm from 7am to 3pm. At one point visability was down to 10ft. I was working at the barricade at that point. Joy I just love it when I inform people they can't park past the barricade and they tell me to F.... off. He got ejected from the mountain, plus his truck was towed. OPH will back their staff up there, its great to have a job, where I dont have to worry about the ignorant ones.

Grin, 4000 feet closer to god on Sunday
Old 01-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Sounds cool, what exactly do you do up there?

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Aint it great to have a job you love.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Posting Guru

Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypyro
Sounds cool, what exactly do you do up there?
I work at Alpine Services. Shovel snow (lots and lots of snow to move.....), direct traffic, park cars, Ski, snowboard, Watch the snow bunnies (lots and lots of snow bunnies), Did I mention we shovel snow....
Old 01-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Posting Guru

sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I wish I got paid to shovel snow.We got over five feet in our yard's here in the 'Stoke.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedly
I wish I got paid to shovel snow.We got over five feet in our yard's here in the 'Stoke.
We got 100cm in the last 2 days, it was snowing when I left. They expect another 20 to 50cm tonight.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Sounds like a great job man!

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypyro
Sounds like a great job man!
It is different work... I'm 6'1, over weight and have been pushing a computer for 20 odd years. This past year I have worked nothing but hard physically demanding jobs.

Cypress is by far the hardest work I have ever done. We moved a mountain of snow today. We had to dig out the light poles & power wires for the IOC/VanOC for the Free Style jump area. The elctricians that put it together last summer, were a bunch of idiots, they didn't take into count that they get 15' to 30' of snow. Today I dug a hole 6' across, by 17' long, by 14' deep (I was at ground level) to find a small coil of 3" diameter wire, and we still never found the ground wire (a single strand of 12g copper wire)
Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Posting Guru

sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How's yor back?I just shoveled my roof today,41/2 ft deep!I know I'm gonna bee stiff tomorrow.If only I could get my snow-blower up there,and keep it from falling off,that would sure make thing's easier.How did you get out of that massive hole you dug?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
How's yor back?I just shoveled my roof today,41/2 ft deep!I know I'm gonna bee stiff tomorrow.If only I could get my snow-blower up there,and keep it from falling off,that would sure make thing's easier.How did you get out of that massive hole you dug?
I'll be a little stiff in the morning, but once I'm awake and moving I'm fine. I move a ton of snow every day. In the last 5 days I have gained 12lbs and lost 2" or more off my belly. My fat *** is a whole lot smaller .

I had to dig my way out of the hole. Nice thing when your that deep down, the snow is really packed down. Walking down the end of Raven run was not fun, I sank upto my chest a couple of times and had to dig my way out. then it was sortta fall/walk the rest of the way down.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Posting Guru

Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Sorry about the double post,the computer is acting funny.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Agent 069
I'll be a little stiff in the morning, but once I'm awake and moving I'm fine. I move a ton of snow every day. In the last 5 days I have gained 12lbs and lost 2" or more off my belly. My fat *** is a whole lot smaller .

I had to dig my way out of the hole. Nice thing when your that deep down, the snow is really packed down. Walking down the end of Raven run was not fun, I sank upto my chest a couple of times and had to dig my way out. then it was sortta fall/walk the rest of the way down.
I have alway's enjoyed a good day of hard work.And with that kind of job you don't need to go to the gym.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
I have alway's enjoyed a good day of hard work.And with that kind of job you don't need to go to the gym.
I figure by the time spring hits, I'll have moved a couple million tons of snow and have the body to show for it...

Damn I'll look good at the beach
Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Agent 069
I figure by the time spring hits, I'll have moved a couple million tons of snow and have the body to show for it...

Damn I'll look good at the beach
And for the snow bunnies next winter.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 AM