Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Any Nebraska mudboggers,mudraggers,truck pullers online

Old 01-06-2008, 06:31 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any Nebraska mudboggers,mudraggers,truck pullers online

Hey guys I know your out there. Im not in to the sport myself but I love watchin it. I know in certain parts off Nebraska some sports are more popular then others. I know around the Wahoo area truck pulling is real big as well as most off southeast Nebraska. Up my parts NE nebraska mud drags are kind off popular. I maybe forgot the most popular sport tractor pullin which is real popular everywhere. So you Nebraska guys if you are in to these sports. Tell us about it. Tell us what you drive an how you got in to the sport. An are you addicted. Seems like these sports aere kind off like that. Just cant get enough. Personally muself I like them all. I try to get down to Wahoo every August for there truck pull which is a real treat. Probably the biggest truck pull in Nebraska. Starts early an ends late. Iknow Bruno has there mud drags. I got to get down there everybody says they just love that event. So come on you Nebraska guys are you in to these sports. Tell us about it. Now dont be shy. Maybe the wrong time off year to post this but will see.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:18 PM
428HIGHBOY
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I live on the other side of the river but I run with Mid West Muddraggers in Nebraska. If you click on the link in my signiture you will see my runs from this year including Bruno. And yes, its a blast!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Oh Jeff thats great. Nice truck. Nice video. Cant wait until the season starts.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:20 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
That 428 is cranking out the power. Thats one fast truck.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As you know I have a 2wd pull truck called, YES DEERE... and pull with the Nebraska Power Pullers.

This will be our third year and we are still making progress. Can't say what is on tap just yet but it should be fun...

Old 01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
The Freak
Senior User
I have a Street Mod 4wd Pulling Truck called The Wood. I also pull with the Nebraska Power Pullers, and I usually make it to some other brush pulls throughout SE Nebraska. Wahoo is pretty much my hometown pull, and I usually do whatever it takes to try to make it to there. I've been pulling for 7 years, and like CB, I am also making some changes for next season. I don't think it is even possible to have a pulling truck and not make changes for the next season. There is always different setups to try and always more HP to be made!!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Thanks for all the replies guys. Thats great. Nice trucks everybody. It seems like everybody is wanting more power every year. I missed Wahoo this last year. I think I had a wedding I had to go to on that particular day unfortunatly. So did the pull go a lot better then the year before? Hopefully it was more organized. Hope to make it this year though. The nebraska power pullers have some great trucks pulling an quite a few 73-79 Ford trucks pulling. Like I said before if you guys are looking for some great truck pulling action Wahoo will exceed the need. Well worth the trip.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:21 PM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
I run the mud drags in Emerson. Nothing hardcore just for fun. Some day when I get my 76 F-250 put together I might get a little more into it.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:05 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
If any of you guys gets a pulling event schedule, please PM it to me. You can also put it in the upcomin events thread. This might be a good chance to have a get2gether, at one of these meets.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Wahoo's pull was big as usual this past year. I think there was right around 100 hooks. More and more trucks seem to show up there every year. It's defintely worth the drive and admission to come and check it out. It's a great 6 -7 hour show of pretty much non-stop pulling.

The NE Power Pullers definately sport some of the baddest Ford's in the state. It's cool because the competition is very tough, and you get to see a little bit of everything (Ford, Chevy, Dodge-2wd, 4wd-Gas, Diesel)
The NE Fair Convention is coming up in the end of January out in Kearney. This is usually when we get a lot of our pulls booked. I would assume a winter/spring meeting should be getting scheduled to give us an update of what is already on tap. Also, you can always check out the website at http://nepowerpullers.com/. They usually do a pretty good job of keeping it updated.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
I think Freak stated it best. That Wahoo pull is really awesome. I think the best pull around really. The nebraska power pullers have some great Fords pulling in it too. The competition is intense. Ive always said that Wahoo pullers wrote the book on 4 wd pulling. They have been doing it for year an years an keep doing it. I was at a truck pull I believe it was the Polk county fair. About 15 years ago. I know one guy had an 86 F 250 diesel. He was from around Wahoo. This is way before diesels ever pulled much at the fairs. Man the smoke from that thing was awesome.. Couple other gas Fords there as well. One thing about these guys pull to win very hard pullers. Another thing I enjoyed was going back in the pits an taliking to the drivers an looking at there truck. Some off the nicest people you will ever meet. If you ever want to get in to the sport talk to those guys. They know to build an do pulling. Also if yoyur in to the 73-79 Ford trucks much. You will see some off the nicest Fords from that era around. Check out the freaks gallery. He has some hard running trucks there. I cant wait until the season starts. Also check out the NPPA website it will inform you a bunch.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:14 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Like the Freak and CB I have a truck pulling problem and am now a member of the Nebraska Power Pullers. I have pulled for over 10 years with a variaty of different trucks with the Silver High Boy having the most hooks. Being from Wahoo it is kind of in your blood. Last year I built a modified alky 76 Ford "The Headache" that only got two hooks before the motor went south so I decided to scrap that plan and build something that I have always wanted to a "Smoker". I ended up building a 94 Dodge, I know but for the money it was the best way to get into the diesel venue, and pulled that in the 07 season with the NPPA and of course Wahoo. It was the flat black one with the dented up box. Anyway I spent most of the season tuning it and had alot of fun in the process. Looking forward to making some changes over the winter and getting a new paint job on it and seeing if I can try and keep up with some of the big spenders in our class Freak and CB know what I'm talking about. We only have one class for the diesels and the rules are pretty much run what you brung so we have a couple of trucks that are way out of our league which helped smokin 7 and myself come up with a good pulling team name. "Underdog Pulling Team"
Looking forward to next year.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:26 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By god you are alive.... Yes Silver has a class that you try to buy your way to the top and set the rules so you can do so. Of course if you can only get one hook a night before you push it onto the trailer...

Changing anything big this winter? What color will the ol dodge be? Can't wait to get out there in a few months.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:02 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Glad to see Silver highboy is still around. I think the diesel class in the NPPA could get alot bigger in coming years. Seems like diesel trucks pull are getting more popular all the time from what ive seen. Just a note to you guys in to truck pulling an like the sport. Head down to Wahoo for there big annual truck pull. Not for sure on this years dates but usually the first week in August. You will get your fill off pulling action I guarantee you that. Like i said those guys no how to put on a truck pull an the track is usually great for truck pulling. Like the Freak said its getting bigger every year. The NPPA is really an off shoot off the Wahoo truck pull an in it self is getting bigger all the time. If your in to Ford pulling trucks an you really wanna see some awesome Ford power attend one off the NPPA events around Nebraska you will not be dissappointed. Like the freak said some off the most powerful trucks anywhere are in this association.

If your in to mud bogging an mud drags there are various events around Nebraska. Bruno has there anul one every year an everybody tells me its a must see event. Ill definitly have to attend that one. Good Luck to all you guys an gals yes there are a few gals pulling as well on the upcoming season. Cant wait.
BTW CB has done well in pulls this last year I see. He can tell its probably getting more competitive every year. More power an more power the name off the game.

Last edited by 150ford; 01-16-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:08 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
CB I have no real plans to modify anything motor wise I just need to get it tuned better. All year long I ran 40psi boost but my setup should have been closer to 55psi hence to much smoke. I'm going to try and back the fuel off some more and found a couple of boost leaks in the system that didn't show up until 35psi on the test so other than that I'm getting my clutch rebuilt and adding some more bracing and beefing up the tranny and motor mounts both broke last year. As for the color well the way it looks right now it will be IH Red.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Nebraska mudboggers,mudraggers,truck pullers online