Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Any Nebraska mudboggers,mudraggers,truck pullers online

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:38 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 150ford
BTW CB has done well in pulls this last year I see. He can tell its probably getting more competitive every year. More power an more power the name off the game.
Yep they get nastier every year. Hopefully we will be in the game this year. If not I will be broke trying... As I often say, "She'll go or she'll blow".

Originally Posted by SilverHighboy
As for the color well the way it looks right now it will be IH Red.
Oh gawd.... Now I can't really root for you can I??? Hell I can probably scrape together enough money to buy ya a decent green or yellow paint.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well we know what you guys have for tractor loyalty. CB JD an Jeff IH.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Now that their trucks are painted like tractors, now they can buy tractors and paint them Ford blue.....

Old 01-16-2008, 12:47 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure alot of the trucks will come out running even harder this year. Hopefully, we are three of them !!!

Well, since we have a truck painted John Deere Green and Yellow, and one soon to be IH Red, it looks like I am going to have to go with *****hutt Vermilion Red!!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:50 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Should I even ask what *****hutt Vermilion Red is???? I look forward to seeing you guys pull this year!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:56 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Hey just keep it red. I like red myself. Probably because I have IH epuipment. More red then green I guess. Im anxious for the pulling season to start. Cant wait.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Not many *****hutts on the farm anymore unless the farmer is a collector. LOL

Old 01-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Originally Posted by SilverHighboy
We only have one class for the diesels and the rules are pretty much run what you brung so we have a couple of trucks that are way out of our league which helped smokin 7 and myself come up with a good pulling team name. "Underdog Pulling Team"
Looking forward to next year.
I thought you did real good for your first year in the diesel class, kevin's been doing fine, he's no underdog, lol, him and brian go at it every other pull, never seems to be one on top, I was real surprised to see casper pull all those pony's outta that duramax, but he had a laptop sittin on his seat. The funny thing thing is, is that you prolly have a 1/4 of what widdick has in his truck and you'd prolly go just as far or pretty close. I really like your silver truck though, wish I could stumble upon an old man hiding one of those somewhere with minimal rust.

You mean one class for the diesels as in the smoker class (think they called it super mod last year), they still have the stock and modified.

I hope to have my pulling truck built for the 09 season, I'll run modified (gas) for awhile and see how I do agianst jamie and you guys and see if I wanna hop in with the power pullers, just need a dana 60 and I'll have everything I need to start piecing it together. I did find a complete chassis from a 77 F-150 to put under my 86 with the 6 banger, so if I get that done here your here her scream agian, but now hopefully I'll be able to hook up to the track (stupid TTB) and I also need to get me some all-terrians for wahoo, mud tires are a no go.

Word from my prague friends is that bruno is done with, appearently ppl were crabbin about the time trials, so they changed to race/double elimination and ppl crabbed that it took to long (it did, lol) so I guess word is bruno said the hell with it, "eehhhhhhhh" that's to bad, I wanted to run my pullin truck in that to, plus beatrice stopped last year, so there gettin scarce around here. Waverly had one for one year and that was it b/c someone drove right across the pit exit when they were running and got smashed.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Hey CB like they said we already have a JD truck on the track so I figured we need some red out there. Actually I can buy a gallon of IH red for 40 bucks and shoot it in the shop and the motor is already IH red so what the hel*. And it seems that one of the local bush pullers sayings might be right

"What do truck pullers and tractor pullers have in common?.............................
They both want to pull tractors."

Redneck
I was talking about the NPPA rules not Wahoo. Wahoo will still have 3 classes stock mod and unlimited.

As for the NPPA rules do I like them no ......am I going to pull with them yes. This is a new class and it needs to start somewhere my only concern with the rules is anyone on the outside is going to say screw this if they have to pull against trucks like this. The group has told us that they would like to see the diesel side grow because it puts on a good show but everyone we have talked to about joining said no way if they have to pull against trucks like that. The gas class has three different levels for three different types of trucks which allows people wanting to join a place to start. As for me honestly I just want to pull I have a blast at these things and enjoy every minute of it. But I would love to see about five more trucks out there to fill out the class.

Enough about that, all I can say is the season can't start soon enough.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Excellent posts everybody. You guys raise some good questions. You know pulls or any contest for that matter has to have rules. An off course somebody has to enforce the rules. Sometimes that doesnt happen either though. I know we used to have antique tractor pulls around here for years. Well that was alright until people started modifying them increased RPMs. Aviation fuel instead of gas an oversized tires. Off course people compalined an rules had to be developed. And they were. But one year the rules were not enforced much an then people quit pulling period. An pretty soon no more pulls. Just droped them altogether. The NPPAs diesel class has definitly some potential to grow but some people are scared off because off the competion Im sure. Maybe they will develop some more classes for the diesels who noes. If anybody out there has perfect rules for a pulling contest let me know. I dont believe any exist. Thats sad to here Bruno is ending there big event which is unfortunate. Again people unhappy with certain rules make it mean for everybody else.

I think Wahoo has certainly had there share off problems an contorversies over the years but they have manged to keep it going an it gets bigger. You know the old saying one rotten apple spoils the barrell. Well thats probably the case here an many other pulls. When you open up the pulls to other area other then your own some problems can involve. I think the main goal is to have a good time as well as competing in pulling an no whats involved in the area your pulling. Hopefully Bruno will go again. I cant imagine that event going by the wayside because off a bad experience. I think Silver said it all "I just wanna have a blast at these things an enjoy every minute off it". Thats the right attitude.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Personally, I really don't see the Diesel class changing anytime soon. With the rules the way they are, pretty much anything goes, but you really can't start another diesel class and have two trucks in each class. That won't even get you a pay out. The bad thing is, I don't think the class will really gain any new trucks either. Let's face it, yes, there is a ton of diesel pullers out there with trucks that run really hard, but a majority of them are still trucks that are driven almost daily. There are so many 'local' pulls now that these pullers don't need to join the Association to be able to pull. Also, they don't really have to worry about rules per say safety equipment etc. and now local pulls, Wahoo being a great example, offer enough diversity in their classes that pullers really can't complain about what the other guy is doing because the trucks are pretty much entered into the class where they belong-dictated by what modifications they have. Also, look at the payouts. In Wahoo last year, I walked out of there with $500. Granted that is kind of an exception, but I would have to get 3-4 1st place finishes with the club to equal that.

I'm not picking on the Diesel class, I feel the same way about our 4wd Street Mod class. This is NOT an entry level class. Some people may think that, but anyone who knows anything about pulling knows that it takes quite a bit of money and time to get to the level that these trucks are at. There hasn't been a new truck in this class for a very long time, and this is something we need to keep things going. You see a ton of trucks at the local pulls that run very hard, yet, that is what they do, local pulls, simply because it is fun without all of the politicing.

Not to rant about it, but since it was brought up, I just wanted to give my .02 on the subject. Don't get me wrong, I love pulling and will be doing it as long as God allows me to. My thoughts above are concerning miniscual subjects...the main thing is to go out, do your best, have fun and drink some beer with your buds afterwards.

FYI...Kaspar was not running with a laptop. I belief TW does have EFILive. Personally, TW's truck pulls way harder than John's for what he has in it....I think it has something to do with TW's actually being a Duramax with a manual behind it. John did, however, purchase a new Duramax so his 'old' one (2002) will be a full-time puller. It could be interesting to see what he does to it for this year.

Cowboy, I have a set of 4 33x12.5x15 All Terrains that I would maybe be intrested in getting rid of. If you go into my gallery, two of them are on the back of the pulling truck in the pictures of it on the trailer. I also have four 15x10 wheels to go along with them. They have the Ford half ton bolt pattern.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Originally Posted by 150ford
I know we used to have antique tractor pulls around here for years. Well that was alright until people started modifying them increased RPMs. Aviation fuel instead of gas an oversized tires. Off course people compalined an rules had to be developed. And they were. But one year the rules were not enforced much an then people quit pulling period. An pretty soon no more pulls. Just droped them altogether.
I still run around w/ my Farmall 460 and sometimes my green M, there is a base set of rules, now there's 3 main classes, stock, classic and open. You mostly pull w/ the same guys at every pull, so everyone knows the rules and your tractor and ur gonna get caught if you try to cheat. The rules are mostly based on the sled owner, some are ****, some are cool. I don't pull w/ the NATPA, b/c if you think truck teching is bad, these guys will throw you out if your battery isn't in it's correct box, in other words, no bungee cords. I mean come on, were doing like 1 or 2mph, if that battery jumps outta there we've got a gravity problem, lol. Now in the open class there's no speed limit, so I can see them having to have things "tight."
We got a new clutch in are 966 this year, but still no T/A. But I'd skip Wahoo anyways, b/c 11,000lb. farm class is just as bad as the diesel class for pickup's, you don't see a lotta ppl discing doing 15mph in a giant cloud of there own black smoke, lol.

Freak, have you heard anything about bruno? I'd prolly take those tires for my own truck, well the rims mostly, depending what they look like, just some D hole would be fine, as for the pulling truck, that'll be 8 bolt? Is "The Wood" only on a half ton chassis? Or do you have the 15in 8 bolts?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Originally Posted by The Freak
FYI...Kaspar was not running with a laptop. I belief TW does have EFILive. Personally, TW's truck pulls way harder than John's for what he has in it....I think it has something to do with TW's actually being a Duramax with a manual behind it. John did, however, purchase a new Duramax so his 'old' one (2002) will be a full-time puller. It could be interesting to see what he does to it for this year.
I was standing at the end of the track after kasper pulled, TW hoped in the passenger seat and grapped the laptop off the console and started looking at it and then kasper was unhooked and they drove off. Maybe TW was letting him try it out or just recording what kaspers parameters were during the hook, idk.
Yeah I was surprised he was still using that truck as an everyday driver, lol

Last edited by Redneck-Cowboy; 01-17-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:30 AM
The Freak
Senior User
I did not know that....In any case, I know John doesn't own it.

Also Cowboy, I sent you a PM.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too saw what appeared to be a laptop on his center console. I just figured it was EFI Live.

I just don't know about all these Red trucks...

Yes, anyone that thinks these are entry level classes... Well I guess they are but you better have some coin if you want to compete, little loan win.

Quick Reply: Any Nebraska mudboggers,mudraggers,truck pullers online