This qualifies as a storm!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This qualifies as a storm!

Whooweee!

100-150mph winds? I looked at the weather maps on weather.com and accuweather.com. It has the general shape of a hurricane. Certainly wind speads are high enough. I haven't seen weather like this since I left Nebraska almost 20 years ago.

And hear I was beginning to believe that Northern California didn't have any real weather.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:32 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Ya, unsure how big the wind are here, but enough to roll the boat about 4-5 feet down the carport,

PS, I'd prefer we didn't have "real weather"

Old 01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Yeah, no kidding. If I wanted real weather, I'd move back east.

60+ mph winds, 2" of rain today alone.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm diggin it! As long as we get a sunny break between storms. Mongo like snow.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
I'm diggin it! As long as we get a sunny break between storms. Mongo like snow.
I am missing home...Just talked to my friends back home, and they are having some fun on the ridge (Hwy 20 midway between Nevada City and Truckee)...We are getting plenty in WA State, but there is no place like home and the Sierras!

G.M. Sierra aka Placermike

Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
I checked Placermike's profile and learned that we have TWO NorCal FTE folks that know what BBQ really means! Most excellent. We're gonna have to figure out how to get Mike down here for a little bit of smokin'.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Yeah, we had some real flooding here in Livermore. Never seen it so bad. Downtown I was driving through 2 feet or more of water in many places. I don't know how those imports made it through some of that stuff. I mean over the hood type stuff. The only thing you had to watch out for was the idiot the tried to fly through the water and caused serious waves for others. Cops and work trucks with lights on everwhere from 10a-3p. I gave myself plenty of room going through a lot of that stuff. The water never ever made it over my bumper except for the waves and big splashes. I figured I'd have to winch out someone.

However, I lucked out and didn't see a stranded soul. Saw some serious rigs out on the road in the mess though. I wouldn't have gone out in the mess except I needed medicine and had a large check to cash. Woot !!!

Simply WOW !!!

It is tame now .... waiting for tomorrow's storm ... shouldn't be more than a reg storm though.

Be safe, be cool out there guys .....

Last edited by Mecinoid; 01-05-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Originally Posted by AnOldDog
I checked Placermike's profile and learned that we have TWO NorCal FTE folks that know what BBQ really means! Most excellent. We're gonna have to figure out how to get Mike down here for a little bit of smokin'.
Yeah, what about that BBQ Trailer idea? Perhap we can make a slide in unit for my trailer?

She even has new chrome wheels on her now. I plan a paint job this winter for her as well. ;-)

Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
No storm here - some light rain, and a few puffs of wind. Everything went north of us!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:26 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
You lucked out this time !!! I spent most of the day chasing my tail fixing broken stuff in the yard. I'm glad it was just plants, drains, and chairs and stuff. No, shingles or fences this time. I guess I did my prep work this summer well enough.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by AnOldDog
That won't be hard...I am a Clamper and will be in Downieville the last part of August for the 1849 Do'ins. I plan on visiting a month or so.

Most of my kin are from Nevada and Placer county, not to mention Roseville, Granite Bay and Citrus Heights....I will hollar at ya'll when I get home.

Won't even tell ya about some of the trouble we used to get in at Rusch Park in my teens...LMFAO.

Last edited by Placermike; 01-05-2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's still raining up here but the storm hasn't been quite as bad as was predicted. They were calling for 75-80 MPH winds and 6-8" of rain. We got some bad winds for a few hours yesterday morning and I had to resecure the tarps on all the junk in my driveway but nothing really major happened. Lots of small limbs and branches came down but no big ones. Thankfully, the big Digger pine in my yard stayed upright...that one coming down would really make a mess!

My boss gave everyone the day off yesterday due to the heavy rain, didn't figure they'd get much accomnplished. Me, he wanted to keep working. I was supposed to be doing an indoor job, installing conduit so he figured I'd stay dry but I had to keep going to move things around, etc...got soaked to the skin the first half-hour I was at work. I changed into my dry clothes and finished up indoors, more or less, and stayed relatively dry but it still sucked...

Lost power here at the house yesterday morning but it was only off for a few hours so I guess we're in better shape that lot of folks over in Sacto. Didn't get cable/Internet back till last night though, so it was still pretty rough on me...

Don't know what the rainfall total is so far...it's up there, that's fer sure!

Hardly know what to do today...no more Dickens Fair and it's too wet to do anything outside...

Old 01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dan, you really need to take up indoor hobbies. Have you tried beer? (Tip) it goes well with guitar pickin', while sitting next to the wood stove and watching the rain/snow fall.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:18 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Right now, indoor hobbies are very appealing to me. I plan to practice on my new accordian some today and maybe clean the back room so I can put the X-mas deco...

Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Hey all.. We had some flooding at work in Vacaville, but all else is well. Due to weather, no body work today on the truck, but I will take it out again to test the new carb and burn a few gallons of gas.