1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pos 6.4

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
sickofmy08-6.4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down pos 6.4

I would just like for everyone to know of all of my problems with my 08 F350 6.4. It started at 1000 miles with 1 injector, fine for the next 10,000 miles, then comes a miss every now and then. Then they reflash computer at 13,000, still has miss. Get another program at 21,000 miles, reflash again. Lose power and fuel mileage with each. Pull cab at 27,000 miles and put in turbo & EGR. Also put radiator due to water loss after 3 months. Still no better, less fuel mileage. Now, the extremely smart Ford engineer they have sent says nothing is wrong with the truck. By this time, the truck has been in the shop at least 7-8 times in 6 months. Try to get Ford to buy back to no avail. The dealer even recommended for them to trade or buy back to no avail. Finally, the straw that broke the camels back was on my way home from Colorado to Arkansas before Christmas, 1000 miles away from home and the truck quit completely. Not a very good Christmas present. Of course, it has been a real blast dealing with the Ford Customer Solutions Team. They treat you like you are a nobody. What they don't seem to realize is they would not have a job it weren't for their loyal customers. If they can't answer your question, they don't know or won't tell you who can. They will lie to you or they tell you what they want you to hear. The district rep has refused to call me. She needs to step up to the plate. I am sitting here paying for a truck that I can't even use. They said replacement papers would be here in 7-10 days, but I'm not holding my breath. ....Futhermore, I hope that no one has to use the Ford Roadside Assistance in a hurry. It took them 3 hours to get me help when I broke down, the wrecker service was 15 miles away. It then took us 6 hours to finally get to a hotel. Truck still in Colorado, I am still in Arkansas. No solution as of today..I am one unhappy and p.o.ed Ford owner.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 PM
fordfish
Senior User
That's no way to be treated I wish u could call Bill Ford himself hope they make it right keep posting when they do

Old 01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
theoshin
Senior User
Originally Posted by sickofmy08-6.4
I would just like for everyone to know of all of my problems with my 08 F350 6.4. It started at 1000 miles with 1 injector, fine for the next 10,000 miles, then comes a miss every now and then. Then they reflash computer at 13,000, still has miss. Get another program at 21,000 miles, reflash again. Lose power and fuel mileage with each. Pull cab at 27,000 miles and put in turbo & EGR. Also put radiator due to water loss after 3 months. Still no better, less fuel mileage. Now, the extremely smart Ford engineer they have sent says nothing is wrong with the truck. By this time, the truck has been in the shop at least 7-8 times in 6 months. Try to get Ford to buy back to no avail. The dealer even recommended for them to trade or buy back to no avail. Finally, the straw that broke the camels back was on my way home from Colorado to Arkansas before Christmas, 1000 miles away from home and the truck quit completely. Not a very good Christmas present. Of course, it has been a real blast dealing with the Ford Customer Solutions Team. They treat you like you are a nobody. What they don't seem to realize is they would not have a job it weren't for their loyal customers. If they can't answer your question, they don't know or won't tell you who can. They will lie to you or they tell you what they want you to hear. The district rep has refused to call me. She needs to step up to the plate. I am sitting here paying for a truck that I can't even use. They said replacement papers would be here in 7-10 days, but I'm not holding my breath. ....Futhermore, I hope that no one has to use the Ford Roadside Assistance in a hurry. It took them 3 hours to get me help when I broke down, the wrecker service was 15 miles away. It then took us 6 hours to finally get to a hotel. Truck still in Colorado, I am still in Arkansas. No solution as of today..I am one unhappy and p.o.ed Ford owner.
man, i would be mad as hell. stories like this led to my ordering a v10

Old 01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theoshin
man, i would be mad as hell. stories like this led to my ordering a v10
and if your V10 had a problem do you think they would be more responsive???

Old 01-04-2008, 01:05 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Not sure I can help you get the problems fixed but where in Colorado is the truck? I am about 30 minutes from Denver but about 15 from the closest Ford dealer. If you need someone local to do some running for you let me know. You can email me from my profile.

Bill

Old 01-04-2008, 03:14 AM
DJR96
Senior User
Wink

That's a pretty sad story indeed. I sure hope this goes further up the Ford heirachy and they get a result for you pronto. Make sure they see this, and the fact that you've made your user name as a result of your bad experience with Ford's product.

Hope it all works out for you.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 AM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your a Good Man Billybob69 ! What a great thing to offer !,,,,Sickofmy 08, I hope things work out for you soon on your troubles .

Old 01-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
That's the great thing about FTE -- I've seen time after time members here stepping up to help (in many different ways!). I think FTE is better than AAA.

I sure hope it works out for you -- and it's sad to see the 6.4 starting down the same path we saw the 6.0 go down. I was really hoping this one was going to be **IT**.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
I always wonder why someone comes on to a site just to slam a product.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:08 AM
4wheelfurry
Senior User
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
He's not slaming... Just stating his misfortune and venting to other Fordtruck fans. He never once stated he was never going to buy another Ford again or even never another 6.4...
When misfortune calls on us regardless what it is and to whom it happens to human nature is to let it be known, I bet if something this horrid happened to you you'd do exactly the same thing.. Perhaps not on this forum but I guarentee you'd be telling someone!

sickofmy08, keep up updated on the final results.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
350steve
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by sickofmy08-[font=Arial
. ....Futhermore, I hope that no one has to use the Ford Roadside Assistance in a hurry. It took them 3 hours to get me help when I broke down, the wrecker service was 15 miles away. It then took us 6 hours to finally get to a hotel. Truck still in Colorado, .[/font]
Sorry to hear about the truck.Just wondering if it's the same tow co that towed my truck off I 70 west in deer trail colo.It took them about 4+ hours to get a flat bed for the drw.But once at the dealer they made everything right..

Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 AM
theoshin
Senior User
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
to warn others.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:46 AM
theoshin
Senior User
Originally Posted by wlihntr
and if your V10 had a problem do you think they would be more responsive???
not at all - that is why i got the v10 - extremely rare that any manufacturer has problems with gas engines. my fathers company runs 30 chevy and ford trucks all over the country and almost never has engine related problems. if you neeeeeeed the psd go for it, if not it is more of a gamble in terms of reliability with all the parts.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by theoshin
not at all - that is why i got the v10 - extremely rare that any manufacturer has problems with gas engines. my fathers company runs 30 chevy and ford trucks all over the country and almost never has engine related problems. if you neeeeeeed the psd go for it, if not it is more of a gamble in terms of reliability with all the parts.
Ever heard "Dex-Cool"? Chevy gassers of many flavors have been eating themselves from the inside out since they started using that crap. I know -- I had one that I dumped the second I started seeing the tell-tale signs. And yes, I am religious about taking care of my cars -- that one got the same care as my Fords and it started self-destructing. That reason alone is why I won't own another GM product. Not until it's certain they have the problems with Dex-Cool fixed. If you haven't heard (which would be hard to believe) here's a succinct write-up about it:
http://www.sancarlosradiator.com/dex-cool.htm

BTW, I didn't *need* a PSD, I just wanted one. I actually was going to need to pull a travel trailer, but the deal on it never materialized. So I bought the PSD in anticipation of the TT, but I'm not broken hearted in the least bit driving it...

Old 01-04-2008, 08:59 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
All designs have had their share of issues. I refuse to buy anything in the first two models years of it's production. I like the issues to at least be public knowledge so I cna find out if I want to less with it or not. The V10 had it's share of probs the first time it came out...same with the 7.3. And the 6.4 is still new. WHen they next design change comes around, there will be issues with it and the 6.4 will be old news and an easy keeper even with it's issues. Sh** happens. What makes the difference is how it is handled by the dealer. I have issues with going to a couple of them in town, but one that I have never had an issue with and will continue to go to is Lakewood Fordland. Always treated me right and without any BS.

Last edited by BillyBob69; 01-04-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: pos 6.4