-Ford, Mercury and Lincoln crossover utility vehicles paced the industry's fastest-growing segment with a gain of 62 percent in 2007; Ford Edge challenged entrenched foreign models for supremacy among mid- size crossovers.
- Ford's Farley: "Ford Edge is a great example of our plan to build products people really want to buy."
- Lincoln posts 9 percent increase in 2007, owing to new MKX crossover and higher sales for MKZ sedan.
- New Ford Focus up 3 percent in December (9 percent at retail).
- Ford's F-Series truck was America's best-selling truck in 2007 - the 31st year in a row.
- Ford's 2007 sales totaled 2.57 million, down 12 percent compared with 2006; more than two-thirds of the decline reflected discontinued models.
- Ford's December sales totaled 212,094, down 9 percent.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.