Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Southern Region Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Lousiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2008, 05:05 PM
New User

vunger1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
99 f-250 4x4

hello im new to this forum and i have a question,

My truck got stuck in 4wheel low the other day.I kept messing with it and i finally got it back to 4 wheel hi.never could get it out of 4wheel high though.
So at this point i decided to remove the drive shaft to the transfer case.The front wheels quit pulling ,but the transfer case still is stuck in 4wheel drive.So i pulled the electric shift solenoid off of the side of the transfer case and manually (with a wrench) put the transfer case in 2-wheel high.So im driving down the road and the transfer case (without a front drive shaft)kicks into 4wheel (possibly centrifical clutch in transfer case) and really gears down so i cant drive normal speed.So i stop crawl under the truck and the shift position is still set to 4wheel drive.I have ordered a new switch solenoid ,is there any way i can drive without the transfer case kicking back into 4-wheel drive ?The part will not be in for a couple of days and this is my only transportation.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Elder User

93f1505.0L is starting off with a positive reputation.
You could try turnning your electric motor to @WD and then the T-case to @WD and re install the motor. That might keep in 2WD. If not you will have to figure out how to have someting hold it in 2WD.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region

Tags
4x4, 99, activated, centrifical, f250, ford