Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota Tundra woes “shame” automaker

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by osbornk
This is beginning to remind me of grade school.

"MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY"
Well he can...

Tim

Old 01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DMAX-HD
Didn't I read somewhere there are actually more American made parts in a Tundra then an F150?
No - the F150 actually has the highest percentage of parts made in America of ANY vehicle on sale.

The Tundra does however have a higher US made % than other vehicles in the Ford lineup (Fusion etc.)

Old 01-01-2008, 04:48 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FTE Fred
No - the F150 actually has the highest percentage of parts made in America of ANY vehicle on sale.

The Tundra does however have a higher US made % than other vehicles in the Ford lineup (Fusion etc.)

Thanks Fred I was going to say the same thing but no one would believe me..But they will coming from you...Good Man..

Old 01-01-2008, 05:17 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Just to back it up (because we always prefer to argue with information - NOT opinions )
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....ory=amMade0707

(what comes in at #2 is interesting...)

Having said that - I think the Tundra/Titan et al. are only good things for Ford.
The forthcoming F150 certainly wouldn't be nearly as good as what it is going to be if it wasn't for the increased competition they have brought.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:38 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Originally Posted by sglaine
..But they will coming from you...Good Man..
I don't believe a word that Aussie ******* says...He's spent his whole life upside down and all the blood has rushed to his head and made him stupid...

Tim

Old 01-01-2008, 05:59 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
HMMM, Turdra is 10th behind 3 other Fords. Sounds like someone besides Tim talks out of their ***

Seriously, we should try to keep these debates civilized so that we can continue to have them.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
I don't believe a word that Aussie ******* says...He's spent his whole life upside down and all the blood has rushed to his head and made him stupid...

Tim
I was stoopid to begin with. Living upside down only made the problem worse

Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Big Bad
Elder User
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
No, the thing is I'm not wearing blue oval blinders...
Well, apparently the typicall anti-Ford mainstream press must also be wearing blue oval blinders. The Focus has been consistenly praised for it's unrivaled (among mainstream compacts) blend of ride and handling. The Matrix doesn't ride OR handle exceptionally well. I've driven both as well, the Matrix is little more than a taller, heavier Corolla, a car that has consistently throughout its life had absolutely horrible handling characterisitics when compared to it's contemporaries.

Not sure what your criteria is when evaluating ride and handling, but it is obviously very different than mine...or the media...or most anyone else.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Originally Posted by Big Bad

Not sure what your criteria is when evaluating ride and handling, but it is obviously very different than mine...or the media...or most anyone else.
Well, everyone does tell me that I'm a little "different"...

I'll be getting a new vehicle in the near future, and so far the Matrix is my favorite...I've test drove a lot of vehicles (most of them hatchbacks or whatever you call them...) and the Matrix just really impressed me...

Tim

Old 01-01-2008, 07:06 PM
bfloyd4445
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DMAX-HD
Didn't I read somewhere there are actually more American made parts in a Tundra then an F150?
Nope, mexican and japanese parts are not American.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445
Nope, mexican and japanese parts are not American.

And nether is Toyota in my Book....

Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 PM
bfloyd4445
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FTE Fred

Still a foreign corporation supporting a foreign economy so can only result in dollars turning into yen and not comming back.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
That it may be - but if they make the best product, which allows you to perform your domestic tasks better, faster and with greater reliability, isn't that a GOOD thing?

I - for one - have to accept that the majority of the products I purchase won't be or can't be made in my homeland, and I don't have an issue with it.
Just as long as what I produce domestically is greater than what I have to purchase that is made overseas - it is only good for my country.
So I can justify purchasing a Thailand made Ranger - because its value is insignificant to the value of the beef that I assist exporting.

Not saying everyone should line up for a Toyota - I would purchase an F150 personally if I wanted to buy a 1/2ton, and I don't have the patriacle tie that you gentleman do - I think consumers should not feel vindicted about purchasing another brand/make even if it results in profits going overseas, just as long as it is a sensible, justifiable decision.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
bfloyd4445
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by osbornk
This is beginning to remind me of grade school.

"MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY"
Yes. But it is interesting to see how many people really have blinders on regarding ja[anese business practices. But on the other hand even bush senior made the same error. Then when he completed his side of the agreement and the Japanese reniged on their part of the deal he got irritated at them. When he questioned them they simply replied that that is the way they do business. Kinda like To..opps, sorry, only use capitals on things deserving of the distinction, toyoto and there refusal to acknowledge consumer complaints as much as possible to keep there customer problem list as short as possible. Does make for better ratings.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:31 PM
bfloyd4445
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by sglaine
Thanks Fred I was going to say the same thing but no one would believe me..But they will coming from you...Good Man..
What is wrong with his statement is the fact we are comparing trucks to trucks not trucks to econoboxes right. What he forgot to mention is that many of the foreign parts in Fords are from Canada and Europe where they don't use child labor.

In spite of its failings the Ford F150 is the best built most American truck in the world.

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra woes “shame” automaker