1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by brucewolff
When you get to be my age you don't really care to be reminded of it.

I would, however, like to see more pictures of the trucks of those on the forum! If there was some way of having a location in everyones gallery for a current status picture that FTE could grab randomly and post as a truck picture of the day, week or month. That would be pretty cool!
That's kind of what I had in mind was a random computer pick kind of thing? They do that at my daughter's school, and let each one be student of the week, and it's just your turn. Maybe we could just post a picture when it's our birthday? The reason I was thinkin about this is I got an email from a machinists forum I hang out in and one from a Mustang forum I hang out in too saying happy birthday.(mine is Dec. 28) It's just a thought, if it's too much work I do understand. Sometimes I have way too much time to think?

Old 12-31-2007, 09:39 AM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some younger boys, like Mr4speed and myself as examples of younger, are too young to appreciate the sentiment behind this idea. Old guys like Penn Dick are too old to care about the sentiment. As in everything else, however, we will find old, middleaged and youngsters who would like to participate.

If the birthday boy or girl would post the news of that happy event, then the workload is distributed evenly among those who want to play. They could include a pic of their truck or the spent candles removed from their cake. The rest of us could tease the celebrant like we used to tease 'fenders about his girly engine.

Sounds like fun to me.

ageless, himmelberg