anyone know this process?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:51 AM
jmorgan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know this process?

I have been looking for a cheap kit to make make biodiesel fuel and found a cheap one. I ordered a small start kit before i go all out. You get a barrel a few filters and a pump for not a bad deal. But the recipes are so different then what i have seen any where or heard. The recipe is some thing like mixing 10% kerosene and 5% unleaded gasoline (they say to lower the flash point) and fuel caytalyst bonder which which they sell. the kit is made by bio basics. anyone know anything then or the recipe if its good or not?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:31 AM
bwguardian
Fleet Mechanic
Received 150 Likes on 124 Posts
Sounds like a make shift fuel rather than a reacted bio-diesel...

Old 12-29-2007, 03:12 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jmorgan
I have been looking for a cheap kit to make make biodiesel fuel and found a cheap one. I ordered a small start kit before i go all out. You get a barrel a few filters and a pump for not a bad deal. But the recipes are so different then what i have seen any where or heard. The recipe is some thing like mixing 10% kerosene and 5% unleaded gasoline (they say to lower the flash point) and fuel caytalyst bonder which which they sell. the kit is made by bio basics. anyone know anything then or the recipe if its good or not?
Total waste of time and $$$$$$, pure snake oil..............Making biodiesel is not hard, but this is not biodiesel, but "blended Fuels". If you want to learn how to make it correctly go here first: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org They have plans and kits for every wallet.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:03 AM
misnomer
Senior User
There are a few guys doing fuel blending on here. (which is what that is, except they charge you to buy their product, which you can purchase from your local hardware store separately for not much.) You may want to look up some guys who are doing fuel blending to get their formulas and specific things to look at when you chose to go that route.

good luck

Old 12-30-2007, 09:08 AM
jmorgan
New User
Thanks for the replys. i added up the cost it would be about 60 cents a gallon to make and takes only 5 minutes i have 2 recipes now one for winter and one for summer. one thing i was told besure to filter well and no water. if anyone knows about negative things with this type of blend let me know. thanks

Old 12-30-2007, 01:11 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Thanks for the replys. i added up the cost it would be about 60 cents a gallon to make and takes only 5 minutes i have 2 recipes now one for winter and one for summer. one thing i was told besure to filter well and no water. if anyone knows about negative things with this type of blend let me know. thanks
Here ya go: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...=Diesel+Secret

If you still want to try it, save lot's of $$$$$$ for a new engine!

Old 12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
jmorgan
New User
you made me more nervous, what type of set up are you running? i already have a 60 gallon hot water heater. any plans ?
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Here ya go: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...=Diesel+Secret

If you still want to try it, save lot's of $$$$$$ for a new engine!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
bwguardian
Fleet Mechanic
you made me more nervous, what type of set up are you running? i already have a 60 gallon hot water heater. any plans ?
If you already have a 60 gallon water heater, why not just produce bio diesel? It is really not all that difficult...I have been doing it for a couple of years now.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
jmorgan
New User
thats what iam thinking about doing now, i dont know much. but i know you have to mix lye and methenol, and remove the glycrine. but that is it. i dont know where to get the chemicals or the plans of converting a hot what heater. im slowily learning here
Originally Posted by bwguardian
If you already have a 60 gallon water heater, why not just produce bio diesel? It is really not all that difficult...I have been doing it for a couple of years now.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:39 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
thats what iam thinking about doing now, i dont know much. but i know you have to mix lye and methenol, and remove the glycrine. but that is it. i dont know where to get the chemicals or the plans of converting a hot what heater. im slowily learning here
Try this site FIRST! http://www.biodieselcommunity.org It will teach you all you need to start. I use a different approach than an "appleseed" style processor, but the end result is quite similar. Try reading some of the previous posts in this forum.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:25 PM
bwguardian
Fleet Mechanic
Try this site FIRST! http://www.biodieselcommunity.org It will teach you all you need to start. I use a different approach than an "appleseed" style processor, but the end result is quite similar. Try reading some of the previous posts in this forum.
What style processor/reactor are you utilizing?

Old 12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bwguardian
What style processor/reactor are you utilizing?
Try here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...rocessor+plans

Old 12-31-2007, 05:34 PM
firemediceric
Senior User
Blending has been working for me since April of 2006.

If you search my user name in this forum as well as Info-Pop, Frybrid, the Diesel Stop and elsewhere, you'll read my thoughts on the process, both good and bad.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
bwguardian
Fleet Mechanic
Wow, are you utilizing that system scaled down or are you producing that much? I had a chance to get some 600 gallon stainless steel containers out of a Coca Cola facility and was considering raising the bar on my 60 gallon reactor.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
bwguardian
Fleet Mechanic
Wow, are you utilizing that system scaled down or are you producing that much? I had a chance to get some 600 gallon stainless steel containers out of a Coca Cola facility and was considering raising the bar on my 60 gallon reactor.

Quick Reply: anyone know this process?