1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

is any one else glad it's over ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:42 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Ditto - Havi gets it - Keep it simple........

Old 12-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
So sorry to hear about your mom Paul.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:12 AM
pcmenten
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ferguson777
Paul,

Haven't seen you on here much lately. Where ya been?

Sorry about your Mom.
Hi Bob. Thanks for that.

I got so busy with rehabilitating property this year, I didn't have the time or the money to work on my truck. I had one side of a duplex that needed everything, including some subflooring to get rid of the cat smell. Then, at another property, I had gut a bathroom and rebuild it, and put in 8 tons of crushed rock with a wheelbarrow. That place looks great now.

Good to see that you and Dewayne are still around. How have you been?

Good to see that Dewayne got back from Iraq in good shape.

I swear I'm going to start on a new engine for my truck this week. Every thing else has come first, but now it's time for the truck.

Happy holidays.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 AM
pcmenten
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
So sorry to hear about your mom Paul.
Thank you Morris. She had a hell of a life, a real adventure.

Boy, you've got quite the collection of trucks.

My wife finally put her foot down when vehicle number 11 arrived, even though it was a freebie, and even though I really could have used it. But she was right, 10 is enough.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Fomoko1
I gathered that she had a hell of a life (with the vent ) but still it`s a hard time and especially at this time of the year.
Here`s hoping for a better year ahead for you and your family.
Time for me to down size, too many is too many to enjoy and of course they all want/need some attention from time to time.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:31 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
twixt some deaths in my family of beloved ones , and the fact that i found out i can no longer get to see my three youngest ones two days prior to x-mas a while back , and what go speed hit on , the fact that it's no longer about family , lt's seems to have become about who can spend the most christmas has lost it's luster fella's . then add my previous "complaints " when i started this thread and ya get it . it's just another day anymore . it still remains the birthday of an obviously important biblical person if you're religious , but as with everything else in our society the day / season is no longer what it was . sad , but thats just the way it is , and it may make me a grumpy ol' b-st-rd but like i said i'm glad it's over . i had volunteered to do a run that they might have needed done at the post office and i was really hoping they would just so i could get away from it all . bye now scrooge has to go to work !

Old 12-26-2007, 04:53 AM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the holidays can be stressful I do enjoy them also, but am relieved when they are over..

Yea!!! a whole year away again!

Ray

Old 12-26-2007, 10:53 AM
pcmenten
Posting Guru
Kevin, I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time. I hope the new year is a better one. Hang in there, buddy.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In short, YES. As a whole it is just an annoying time of year. Way too many pushy people and just plain ridiculous and stupid news reports for weeks on end. I actually saw a "professional gift giver" interviewed this morning. Had to roll my eyes and turn the channel.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well at least i'm not the only one !!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 10:16 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Paul, my condolences and thoughts are with you.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:58 AM
twise
Senior User
Sorry about your loss. My dad passed away on Easter Sunday while in church. So I know how you feel. It was expected but not on Easter. He had a bad heart condition. I use to dread Easter but after a couple of years I had to start thinking that there was no better day to die on and go to heaven. He was also a preacher and had decided not to preach that day. I also lost my Sister-in-Law on a Good Friday about 7 years ago. Hang in there. We will be praying for you.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:18 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,838 Likes on 1,837 Posts
I too am glad that its over. This year just seemed like the galactic timing chain was a tooth off. Nothing seemed to work quite right, everyone was edgy, the happiness was a bit forced, things just weren't easy. From what I have read and others I have talked to it was pretty universal. It was still a good X-mas but it was just a bit ....off

Years ago I put my foot down about X-mas. I get all my running around done by X-mas eve. I don't leave the house on X-mas day, I don't even get out of my warmies, if people want to visit with me they know where I live and can come by. Theres food on the stove and drinks on the counter. Apparenatly this year though, mom got her feelers hurt because she "wasn't invited"................Pish Posh!!

In short...good X-mas (I got some cool accesories for my Harley) but I'm glad its over and done with!

Paul, so sorry to hear about yoru mother. You have my condolences

Bobby

Old 12-27-2007, 08:14 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's sad to hear most of you wish Christmas to pass. For me Christmas is not about the presents or having to see relatives, go to Christmas plays, etc. but being with family, looking at, and smelling the Christmas tree. I figure its one time of the year I should be thankful and not be upset about all the other stuff that really doesn't matter. I'm not going to pound religion here but it's also about the birth of Christ which is important to those who believe. Not the super sales or the person with the most gift wins. I know its a pain, we have to get out the ladders and dig up the Christmas lights and put them up. It's one time of the year, no biggy! I think everyone creates more stress for themselves during this time worring about everything. We try to keep it real simple between me and my wife. Maybe one present each. I bought my new chrome grill for the truck and she called it a Christmas present. I was happy!. The kids got there few main gifts they really wanted and enjoy them. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your Mom. It has to be difficult during a time of family and celebration. She's in a better place then we are. It's been several years since my father passed away, but Christmas is still difficult without him around. I hope some of you disgruntled guys in here open up and enjoy Christmas for what it really means.

Last edited by imlowr2; 12-27-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Fomoko1
Well said Ed, for some of us at least it`s still a good celibration, time of reflection and great times with our families though some cannot be with us.