Home renter starts fire after drilling into gas tank
By The Lincoln Journal Star
Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 - 08:07:03 pm CST
A home renter drilling into his 2004 Mustang GT’s gas tank Thursday night started a fire inside his south Lincoln home.
Lincoln firefighters were dispatched to 5900 English Court Park at 6:15 p.m., said Lincoln Deputy Fire Chief Pat Borer. The fire began in the home’s garage and caused substantial damage to the garage and the home’s entire first floor.
Borer did not have dollar estimates for fire damage.
No one was injured in the fire.
Firefighters declared the blaze under control at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Borer said the home’s renter started the fire when he began drilling into his vehicle’s gas tank in order to drain gas from it.