2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injector warranty exstention

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
t lindemann
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injector warranty exstention

Just Curious if anyone else out there recieved a letter from ford. the letter stated that a certain number of 2005 150 with the 5.4 3valve motor,s injectors could stick open or shut and cause the check engine light to come on and cause rough running and possible power train damage. it also stated that the injectors are being warrantied for 11 years or 120,000 miles,I didn't realize there were issues with the injectors.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
CaptFX4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was going to post the same thing. I received a letter from Ford today as well. My 05 has 20K miles and i have not had that problem that they stated. (knock on wood). It is nice though knowing that they extended the coverage on them.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
DanD7
New User
Stuck injector

I just found out about this today also but not by mail. I had an injector stick open in my 2005 F-150 and it bent a rod because of all of the fuel in the cylinder. I have the motor tore down and it is pretty much shot, the fuel must have damaged several pistons as more than half off them had a major loss of compression. The pistons have lost their Teflon coating and the block shows sign of wear and scoring. Has anyone had sucess in getting Ford to repair the engine because of this problem? My Ford only has 65,000 miles and has had excellent care given to it but it sure has let me down.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:03 AM
t lindemann
Junior User
injector issues

DanD7 in the letter i recieved from ford it mentioned hat if you had already had issues with the injectors, that you may be intitled to compasation. You would probably have to have somthing in writing from a mechanic or dealership stating that the bent rod was directly related to the injector sticking.Otherwise Im sure ford will not help you at all.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
F150MANN
New User
Received my Letter from FoMoCo today. 27K on my 2005 with no problems so far, but I'm keeping the letter under lock and key just in case.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
tomclem
Senior User
Called FoMoCo today to inquire about the letter(since they said to call should I have any questions). The person I got on the phone, well how can I say it, didn't know their butt from a hole in the ground. My local Ford Service Department said should the injector(s) malfunction and muckup the motor, the service department upon diagnosis would get compensated by FoMoCo for it to be fixed, etc.. The injectors cost about 100bucks a piece from Ford x 8 + labor= Excusemwahhhhhhh, don't think so.... The service guy said they aren't the easiest thing to replace. I guess Ford would rather chance it hoping a very small percentage will malfunction and those that do will be minor to fix vs doing a recall and just replacing them for the 05' year 5.4 3v engine. If Ford cut corners for the 05's and put in some cheapo injectors, I would prefer to have them all exchange so I don't have to worry about it. Ford apparently doesn't give a crapola about my worry or concern. This letter from Ford is going into a safe place unlike most that go to file13.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
BillC
Elder User

Tomclem, what do you mean they don't care about you or your concern, you just got notification that your injectors are being covered for 11 years and 120,000 miles! What else do you want?

Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
maztool
Junior User
just got my letter today I guess I have sort of mixed feelings about my 05 screw

the brakes have been a nightmare the 5.4 is alittle noisy for my likeing but the damm truck is just a perfect fit for my needs and overall is still the best on the market kind of makes it hard not to like Iguess it could be worse it could have a bowtie on the grill sorry just a poor attempt at humor to mke myself feel alittle
better about the situation

Old 12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
FORDGRIP
Senior User
Also recieved the letter yedterday. I'm glad they sent it and extended the warrenty in case we have a problem. It must not affect enough trucks to call a recall. But enough to extend the warrenty.

I am about to turn 30,000 and it has preformed fantastic.