Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
here comes the snow..again

couple inches here so far. be safe all

NY problem solver dammit. R.I.P. Dono
Old 12-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Elder User

littlesunray has a good reputation on FTE.littlesunray has a good reputation on FTE.
oh I love the snow but too bad my truck don't like it lol well really the tires don't they are bald as a baby's head lol and dry rotted I was at work and I had to leave early cause I had an appointment at 11am and I was all over the road I made it there and went right home after called work and said I will not be back in the rest of the day leave the rooms that I left and I will finish tomarrow I hope the Boss did not get mad if so too bad ( I work in housekeeping at a hotel) if you are wondering lol. I just don't have the money right now to get the tires, and the sandbags to put in the back of the bad to give me height. but other than that I love driving in the snow we have about a few inches here in North Tonawanda, and so far it is still snowing lol.
sirrius sat radio
lockport, ny
Old 12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Postmaster

rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.
4-5" here.
truck is parked.
no cover.
no wash.
no garage.
'92 galant is tucked in the garage.
I must be getting lazy LOL
2001 SCrew Lariat 4x4 5.4L 4R70W 3.55 's LS
Conti eco tires, K&N Series 77 CAI
Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Post Fiend

tewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant future
So how'ed the upstaters make out. Nothing but ice and slush on the island, and warming to mid forties today.

Chances are,If you bought it, A truck brought it.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Ended up with about 5" from yesterday's barrage. It looks like Sat. night/Sunday could be interesting for most of us. Here it looks like I may get nailed with a minimum of 12" but could be up towards 24" depending on lake effect.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Steve, SteveBricks, you were a friend and will be greatly missed.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Elder User

ameritaz3038 has a good reputation on FTE.ameritaz3038 has a good reputation on FTE.
michael Wynn Ameritaz bigtaznt
what a little snow ?

i see people talk about driving and what not with this little tease of snow.i understand it is diffficult the first snowfall, with unexperience drives and what not. but try being on ladders and cleaning windows when it is like that. besides dealing with winds and snow, how about water all over you in freezing temps. it is no walk in the park, then having to drive home when the worse of the snow has been over for hours and no plow truck in sight for over hours.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
What snow? I just got back from Virginia where temp was in the 70's and gas near Martinsville at $2.79. Let's see what happens Sat...
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Post Fiend

tewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameritaz3038
i see people talk about driving and what not with this little tease of snow.i understand it is diffficult the first snowfall, with unexperience drives and what not. but try being on ladders and cleaning windows when it is like that. besides dealing with winds and snow, how about water all over you in freezing temps. it is no walk in the park, then having to drive home when the worse of the snow has been over for hours and no plow truck in sight for over hours.
Do you feel better now that you got that out of your system?
Let me tell ya how my day was.
I ate a burnt piece of popcorn, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Senior User

Jack_99V10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
GhostSquid
I took off my snow tires and I'm running my 37" SSR TSLs. They aren't doing horrible, not good either though. His the button for 4x4 and the thing straightens right out for ya.

Just bought a couple more tow ropes, a tow hook for my receiver, and some jumper cables. I'm all set now.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:35 AM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
mike, it's the wing nuts that forget about snow driving WE worry about. most of us truck owners know from yr to yr. it's the nut in the rice burner that puts dents in our butts.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Elder User

ameritaz3038 has a good reputation on FTE.ameritaz3038 has a good reputation on FTE.
carl

what i meant by inexperienced drivers was school kids(hs) where i was working the school let out and with in seconds a 3 car collision.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewferford
Do you feel better now that you got that out of your system?
Let me tell ya how my day was.
I ate a burnt piece of popcorn, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!

no i don't. this post was not a omplaint. it was to let others know a few of use work in this weather all the time. this was my my decision. i took the job and i love it. to be honest the winter is my favorite time of year. i just do not like the wing nuts(as carl said) that insist on driving in the snow and ice and have no clue what they are doing.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameritaz3038
no i don't. this post was not a omplaint. it was to let others know a few of use work in this weather all the time. this was my my decision. i took the job and i love it. to be honest the winter is my favorite time of year. i just do not like the wing nuts(as carl said) that insist on driving in the snow and ice and have no clue what they are doing.
I hear ya buddy, just havin a little fun. Forgive me if you took it the wrong way.

Last edited by tewferford; 12-15-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Mike don't let these losers bother you, they have been hangin in the DE frivolous thread too long. lol

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff
Mike don't let these losers bother you, they have been hangin in the DE frivolous thread too long. lol
yeah, this from a guy in a state 1/2 the size of a NY trailer park

Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter