Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

Have You Quit Smoking Yet! PART 1

Old 05-30-2007, 03:42 PM
SCRWDRVR
"Obsessed"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good job Phil and Barry. I just passed my 2 year mark, so I know if I can do it you guys can. Be strong guys.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
I had quit for 6 months and what a Bear I was. Attitude was real bad. Then my wife bought me a pack I started smoking again. Attitude all better now.

But for you guys that have quit. My hat is off to you and great job.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Sean what is your wife trying to tell you? Drop the attitude or die. BTW 4 times a week, getting up close and personal, will help to lose the weight you gain by quitting and extend your life by 15 years. So my wife's bridge group cackled about the other night. They are worse than a group of drunk FTE members salivating over all the mods they've done on their trucks.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by glruff
Sean what is your wife trying to tell you? Drop the attitude or die. BTW 4 times a week, getting up close and personal, will help to lose the weight you gain by quitting and extend your life by 15 years. So my wife's bridge group cackled about the other night. They are worse than a group of drunk FTE members salivating over all the mods they've done on their trucks.

The thing of it is. I don't smoke that much pack last 3-4 days.My diet is going great I have lost 35 lbs since I was in the hospital. I am going for at least 45 more.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:13 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Have You Quit Smoking Yet!

Nope.

Haven't started either

Old 06-09-2007, 02:17 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Hey Barry and Phil, you guys still hanging in there?

Old 06-09-2007, 02:30 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
I am making a pack last for 5 days now

Old 06-09-2007, 02:37 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Good job Sean. It won't be long now before you kit that nasty, disgusting, breath taking habit. Think of all the money you are saving and what you can spend that new found money on for new mods. You are on my watch list now. If you need support, you have my number.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:43 PM
phil6608
Post Fiend
Hey Barry and Phil, you guys still hanging in there?
Still wearing the patch and still trying George.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:20 PM
savage2211
Post Fiend
I am trying the patch also....this is hard!

Old 06-09-2007, 04:52 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Good job Sean. It won't be long now before you kit that nasty, disgusting, breath taking habit. Think of all the money you are saving and what you can spend that new found money on for new mods. You are on my watch list now. If you need support, you have my number.
LOL. I cover that nasty smoke breath with Blue Cheese.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:31 PM
jetdoc
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I smoked for almost twenty years. Had quit a couple of times. Always went back. Two years ago, my youngest daughter, when she was about 1 picked up a cigarette I had just snuffed out and pretended to smoke it. To be like Daddy. That was it for me. I crushed a almost full pack of Marlboro Lights and never went back. Tough, hell yeah...Every time the urge hit me I would drop and "attempt" twenty. LOL. My kids and their health is more important to me than anything else. I much rather deal with the weight gain than the cigs...

My advice, start running, bike riding, anything to increase your cardio rate. The urge for a smoke went right away for me. The smell would make me gag. Not to mention you cough up all that crap that has settled in your lungs. To deal with the poundage I recommend Weight Watchers points. It worked for me. Good Luck to all!!

Old 06-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am about three months without smokes now. (No relapses.) Used the patch up till last thursday, trying to go without any nicotine from here on. I just realized that I had forgotten the patch on friday so I decided to let it go today...... OK so far. Still alive, ten pounds heavier, but it is still a day by day thing.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:45 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Any of you guys trying the nicorette gum? I used the gum to quit. Didn't like the patches because of the headaches I got. Didn't try the pills cause I hate taking pills.

The gum seemed to work best because when the urge hit, I would always be able to chew fast, sometimes really fast. I think idea of being able to chew a "new" piece of gum whenever you need it helps also.

Do you guys keep a calendar for the days that are smoke free? For me, it was kind of like a reward to be able to X off another day and see the results of my efforts on paper. I know that sounds corny, but it works. It helped me support my desire to quit. If you guys don't want to keep a calendar, just post here once a day.

So now Barry, Phil, Bruce, and Duncan, you guys are really doing great. You all made the commitment to quit, you are trying really hard and all are doing a great job.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I tried the gum long ago but I couldn't stand it. (It did get me through some long flights though.) Now there are mint and fruit flavored gums which are better. I used those a little after the 'stage II' patch, which is half the nicotine as the first batch, were not doing it for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have You Quit Smoking Yet! PART 1