The ever-popular water engine!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:30 PM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it's so 'popular', then how come that they only exist on web pages, and not on the roads? Not even a proof of concept vehicle or two....

Old 01-11-2008, 06:38 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
People who cannot prove their so-called energy-saving devices work should be treated like false prophets and stoned to death.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:29 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,106 Likes on 2,167 Posts
why waste your time building a hydrogen generator with a power inverter, when you can just put a M.Y.T. engine in your vehicle, and run it on air??

this way, you will not even have to charge your batteries, or fill up the water tank.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think I would advertise too much if I had a working water engine... Strange things happen to people who find breakthroughs in the mpg devices, including death.

There are people using hydroxy generators (homebuilt) that create about 1 lpm of hydroxy gas. It cleans the combustion burn and adds power. If running EFI, you will need to build or buy an EFIE controller that works with your O2 sensor so that you can turn a potentiometer down that reduces signal voltage, in order to compensate for the computer thinking you are running too lean (a result of adding hydrogen gas and oxygen) and dumping more fuel in. Then you will acheive some great fuel economy as well. There are many people using this now on their vehicles. Some don't even use an EFIE, but they like the added power and the cleaning effect of the hydroxy on engine components. Most however do it for the mpg, so the EFIE is necessary to accomplish this. I have material lists and instructions available to build it all at a bargain price, if anyone is interested...
Or, shoot this down and say it isn't true, either. I really don't care. I didn't post in this economy forum to have people say none of this works without trying it, or saying there is no way it can work.
By the way, if I were to buy a hybrid, it would be a plug in hybrid only.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:55 PM
oldntrd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also believe hydrogen is a possible solution and worthy of more research. There are several new more efficient ways of extracting hydrogen from water that do not violate the rules of physics and are close to being practical for automotive.

The lead acid batteries that killed the electric car have been replaced with better ones and the better ones are soon to be replaced with even better ones so I want to encourage everyone to keep an open mind. Hydrogen may end up not being the solution but at this point it is looking like a possibility. You can bet the oil companies and our government are not going to provide it so it is up to people like us

Hydrogen combustion requires a much lower ratio of fuel/air than petro so it takes less to do the job and because of this lower required ratio onboard units soon may be able to produce enough. Hydrogen is some bad stuff so small quantities made on demand is the only safe way to go.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,106 Likes on 2,167 Posts
no one ever said it is not worthy of further exploration, rather it was just said it is idiotic to believe that you can make an effective hydrogen generator out of a 750 watt power inverter and a bucket of water..

Old 01-13-2008, 06:24 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
I watched the movie, and it looked like it wasn't the batteries at all that killed the electric car... The Lithium Ion batteries were available, but the companies were already poised to pull the cars without even bothering to look into anything new. The batteries in the cars worked great, and all car lesee's (no one was allowed to buy one, remember?) had no complaints about passing all the fuel stations, and just plugging in at night. They were plenty capable of freeway speeds, too.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
oldntrd
Senior User
I have read that is the case but like hydrogen I don't have enough facts to make a firm call. I know there are untapped possibilities in electric but like hydrogen, algae bio and some others I don't have much hope of them becoming a reality unless people like you and I work the bugs out and make it a reality that cannot be ignored. The oil companies and the government are looking for alternatives but only the ones they can manipulate like they do petro.

I know we are close to getting something to work but that is freightening too because it will effect the economy and I do not have near enough brain power to work that one out.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
oldntrd
Senior User
Sorry, guess I misunderstood that part. I did not intend to offend anyone.
I agree on the inverter and believe it will power a supplimental system which is a beginning-maybe an end-but not a total fuel supply. Lots of other questions too. I don't know at this point but I am looking for and older small carburated engine like a 200 six to stationary mount and play with. If nothing else it will be a fun break from work, honey do's etc. I know the wife will love me for it?

Old 01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
I believe oil will be burned until it's all used up. It will become worth $500 a barrel some day, and the companies will get it. Until they can figure out how to control the alternatives, like you say... They just haven't decided which alternative fuel to exploit yet. Also, the foreign middle east relations will dissolve into a media nightmare of increased terrorist activity, since the saudis and the rest will not be making the money from their only precious resource anymore, so the last of their empirical monies will be spent on making the rest of the world miserable, if they can't be happy...

I see what you mean... Hurting my head now! LOL

Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by trinogt
I believe oil will be burned until it's all used up. It will become worth $500 a barrel some day,
If crude were to cost that much, it would make sense to make synthetic gasoline and diesel from coal.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
"I don't think I would advertise too much if I had a working water engine... Strange things happen to people who find breakthroughs in the mpg devices, including death."

Supposedly, but there is an EASY way around this for someone who isn't full of guano to prove it.

Anyone with a working water engine could INSTANTLY send plans and data PROVING it worked along with their PGP signature (for future verification) worldwide over the internet to people who could openly build and review the thing. Pull up to an open Wifi access point and fire away emails from a throwaway account, post to newsgroups,etc. Once on the web the data will not die.

After it was publicly proven, they could prove (safely, for there would be no point in offing them) that they were the inventor and bask in the glory (and venture capitalist funding for further development). They could use the Creative Commons or similar license to ensure their work would remain free, because the combination of appropriate licensing and an interested public would protect it as they do software.

They could make plenty of money without having to conceal anything. Note the example of Linus Torvalds.

Any serious inventor knows about Open Source software, GPL and Creative Commons licensing, etc.

"Hydrogen is some bad stuff so small quantities made on demand is the only safe way to go."

Incorrect. It isn't "bad" compared to propane or natural gas which are successfully used in vehicles. Hydrogen disperses more quickly because it is lighter than air. Hydrogen production systems could easily include odorant for convenient leak detection.

As for hydroxy/Browns Gas, I welcome peer-reviewed scientific studies verifying its capabilities. Any verification experiment will be repeatable anywhere. (BTW a patent doesn't prove squat. The USPTO is overloaded and it isn't particularly difficult to get a patent.)

Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM
oldntrd
Senior User
Good info, thanks. I have a long way to go before I get a system working and money is not my goal. At this point I believe hydrogen is a strong possible and am only trying to encourage others to actively do what they can to move it a little closer to reality. Hydrogen is only one of several possibilites. There is a lot of brain power out there so maybe we need a forum for the "Devolopment of Alternatives".

Sorry, I did not word it correctly about hydrogen being bad stuff. I still believe it is but
like you said so are a lot of other things including gasoline which most of us take for granted. I do intend to check the possibility of an on demand system though.

It appears you are ahead of me on info so do you have any suggestions?

Old 01-17-2008, 05:31 AM
luv_mud
Senior User

Old 01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by luv_mud
What they have there as explanation is BS. Water injectionn can be, and is used to lower peak temperature in the combustion chamber, but that doesn't make it to a fuel.

Quick Reply: The ever-popular water engine!