Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > User Gallery & Picture Display Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Postmaster

Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My first photoshop creation (look Jurgen)

Jurgen asked if I'd make him a sig pic like mine... Mine was created by a friend of mine who is godly with computers and photoshop so I told Jurgen no. Then I though.. Why not?! Here's my first attemp at an original Skandocious creation in Photoshop

Click the image to open in full size.

Made it from this picture:

Click the image to open in full size.

What I did:
-cropped out his truck
-cropped out the dog, then added a few pieces of bed rail where the dog was so there wasnt a chunk taken out
-deleted the trans cross member hanging below (text is covering it anyways)
-added a lens glare to the window
-added a drop shadow aimed from top left to bottom right (see under the rear of the bed and bumper, and behind the cab)
-straightened out his crooked bumper a bit
-embossed the exterior edges (look at the shinyness on the hood)
-then of course added all the text

Whatcha guys think?

Last edited by Skandocious; 12-12-2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:22 AM
New User

Nectar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dayum sexy.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Elder User

TheRoadVirus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good job, but it needs a couple speakers to let us all know his proess (sp?) with DJing.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Postmaster

Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good point, I didn't think about that. Maybe I'll add that later.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Post Fiend

quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.
sounds like you got a 'photoshop tricks' book for the holidays.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Postmaster

Nope But I'll take that as a compliment

Just got my hands on a copy of the software yesterday and played with it for a while. I pick this kind of stuff up pretty easily.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Posting Guru

DJdemon6696 is starting off with a positive reputation.
woohooo! thanks bud.. really cool
Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Posting Guru

tomtoc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
yea photoshop is pretty easy to pick you. you can do a lot of work in a few minutes. you can also dump a whole day into an image too if you don't have it i'm pretty sure you can get the 2.0 version free as a trial with a lot of things
Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Post Fiend

quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.
i have used every version of photoshop since it came out.

the name pixel came from the first version and is short for 'picture element'.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:18 AM
"Mifflin Clay"

alchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicklook2
i have used every version of photoshop since it came out.

the name pixel came from the first version and is short for 'picture element'.
Sorry to burst your bubble - while the definition is correct, the origin is not. The term originated in the 60s in the heyday of television......(terminus obligato)
'08 F350 Scab SRW V10 w/ 4:10
07 Gulfstream Prarie Schooner
'05 Escape
' Passed the exam today! I am now a licensed instigator!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Post Fiend

i stand corrected and will add:

The word pixel was first published in 1965 by Frederic C. Billingsley of JPL, to describe the picture elements of video images from space probes to the moon and Mars; but he did not coin the term himself, and the person he got it from (Keith E. McFarland at the Link Division of General Precision in Palo Alto) doesn't know where he got it, but says it was "in use at the time" (circa 1963).

The word is a portmanteau of picture and element, via pix. Pix was first coined in 1932 in a headline in Variety magazine, as an abbreviation for the word pictures, in reference to movies; by 1938 pix was being used in reference to still pictures by photojournalists.

The concept of a picture element dates to the earliest days of television, for example as Bildpunkt (the German word for pixel, literally picture point) in the 1888 German patent of Paul Nipkow. The earliest publication of the term picture element itself was in Wireless World magazine in 1927.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Postmaster

Very interesting, I had never given any thought as to the origin of that word. Thanks guys
Old 12-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Junior User

shtse is starting off with a positive reputation.
Impressive...wish I had one for my truck.

You do good work, grasshopper....
Old 12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty4x4
Removed by Admin
that is illegal and i would advise against posting stuff like that in a public forum.

Last edited by IB Tim; 12-14-2007 at 06:17 PM. Reason: I have a CD with several editing programs, including Photoshop 7 along with a crack to get the full registered version. If anyone would like a copy, I might be willing to help them out
Old 12-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Posting Guru

jimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandocious
Removed by Admin
Not exactly sure what superduty has, but there is a freeware program called GIMP, has pretty much all the features of photoshop with non of the cost. Theres another program called PAINT.net that is about the same, both are under a "freeware" product license so they can be downloaded and distributed for free. I got both of mine from download.com.

The site is legit, they claim to be hackerfree. I downloaded both, scanned everything with AVG, and they tested clean. Both programs work great.
1996 F150. 306/4R70W. E303 cam, AFR205 heads, TrickFlow intake mani, CAI, 90mm TB, 30lb injectors, MSD 6A, JBA ceramic shorties, Bassani catless y-pipe, 3 inch single w/ Flowmaster super 44. B&M shift kit, Moates Quarterhorse tuned, etc etc...
1994 F150 4x4. 302/E4OD. "six litre tuneup" hedman long tubes, 2.5 inch duals w/ glasspacks. 3 inch lift, 33x12.50 BFG KM2's, 4.10 gears, front and rear Aussie lockers
1994 F150 4x4. 351/E4OD. Bone stock and staying that way...

Last edited by IB Tim; 12-14-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:16 PM