1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Cops!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cops!

man, i'm getting ticked at the local city cops. pull you over for no reason, and then drag you out and search the vehicle. i know i'm off topic, but it deals with my truck! if they were half as worried about the drug dealers and boot leggers around here as they are writing up tax payers for petty stuff, our town would be much cleaner (but their pocket wouldnt be as fat dude to the payoffs!). i just had to blow a lil steam. they pulled my bro over the other day and said he had a suspicious looking vehicle. it was an 87 f-150 he drove to work, cause of gettin his good one dirty. these punks always smart off and harrass the people who pay their salary! they need smacking in the mouth!

and the EPA, they need to back down so we can use that 35 year supply of oil in alaska. but, fuel prices may soon change! the biggest trucking companies in my area are talking about shutting down for 1 week, stopping trucks where they are. they plan to protest fuel prices. all total there would be over 6,000 trucks that ship everything you can think of setting. i hope it works!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Flea
Elder User
Get them to switch to veggie oil. It really works.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 AM
m14dan
Senior User
There is a place here selling veggie fuel but it's right at 4 bucks a gallon now. What's the point? Diesel is 3.40 now here. Both are ridiculous. I had an idiot kid tell me the other day that my air filter was illegal when he was doing my state inspection. After arguing a little and telling him to show me in the book where it is illegal he gave up. Even us guys that are trying to make our trucks run better and more efficiently still get hassled. I get 22 mpg out of my truck on the highway when it is warm out. I think it's only about 16 or so lately in this cold. It never wants to warm up. I'm making a snap on cover for the radiator today.

If someone does start another diesel price protest I'm in. I'll ride my horse to town again with a sign I made 2 years ago hanging on his tail.

It said buy grass not gas!

I think the local potheads got the wrong idea but most people got it.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 AM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
well, if these companies shut down, they project diesel to be 1.50 a gallon, due to fuel companies not bein able to sell. i heard notice i said HEARD that JB hunt, Gainey, Swift, Schnieder, Super Service, and others may shutdown for up to a week

Old 12-11-2007, 08:48 AM
fuelman
Elder User
yea they'll probably shut down the last week of dec. when there is no freight anyway proving nothing and costing them little

Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM
fuelman
Elder User
By the way what did they ticket you for and did you ask them what probable cause they had for the search

Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
not me, my brother. they arrested him for putting on a turn signal too late. said he was drunk. he called a lawyer, and he was out by morning with all charges dropped. the same cop keeps harrassing him now.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:31 AM
m14dan
Senior User
I used to work for schneider. That is one big fleet of trucks. I could just imagine them and the others you mentioned all shutting down at once. The oil companies will definitely notice the difference!

I hope it really happens.

I got pulled over in Pa once and the idiot cop said he was stopping me because I sounded like a john deer going down the road. That offended me pretty bad and I did not let him search my truck. I hate being pulled over for BS reasons too. I had a muffler on that truck. It just got loud because I was trying to pass a guy I worked with in our big truck with a 2 stroke detroit in it. He was way louder than I was going up that hill. The cop was a small town wannabe real cop with nothing better to do.

There used to be a stupid speed trap near jonesboro Ar that my wife had to go through every day. The speed limit went from 65 to 35 for no reason at all other than to bring in money for the town there. The sheriff ended up getting sued and the mayor and him fired over it. It is illegal for them to do things like that. Somebody has to complain loud enough to be heard though when something isn't right or nothing will be done about it.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
super service= 750 trucks+ hundreds of owner ops
gainey owns superservice and has over 4 other companies, all 500+ trucks! and another 500 actual gainey trucks

Old 12-11-2007, 11:25 AM
skittlejr
Elder User
imagine the impact if poeple from sites like FTE got together and did the same protest. i know their are people who drive their diesel pickup truck everyday, but have a car they could drive for a week. problem is, if the big trucks shutdown, and the prices drop, i know we would all be out there filling every container we could get our hands on.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:41 AM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
if we could get everyone from FTE, powerstroke.com, and get participation from the cummins and duracracks sites, oh the impact

Old 12-11-2007, 11:43 AM
kawa
Postmaster
OK, here's whatcha do...When you get stopped for no apparent reason and the cop gives ya a BS story and wants to search your car just say no!!! Now he will probably say something like....Why not..............
got something to hide?

Think about it for a moment or two then say...I'll tell ya what....let me search you before you get in my car and then you can search it. He will say I'm not going to let you search me! And you say (Here it comes)
"Why not, ya got something to hide?
Now this might not get you out of the ticket but you were probably going to get one any way but on the other hand he may not. Depends on youe attitude.

Rog

Old 12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
the cop keeps harrassing him he pulled him over 3 times now. the first time, when he hauled him in, they went to court. they made a fool outta the cop. trooper too! now he harrasses him. he told the cop last time he would have his badge next time he harrasses him, and last time called 911 and requested the sherriff come to the scene. he made them stay on the line while the cop was there.the cop is getting in trouble!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Flea
Elder User
The veggie I am talking about is free. Recycled WVO cost me $0.14/ gallon after all filtering.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
but- long term effects on our engines? gelling? what about all that?

Quick Reply: Cops!