Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Please welcome another new member!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please welcome another new member!

Everyone please welcome SunDown to our chapter, another old beast in the ranks, a 53!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 PM
stryder
Fleet Mechanic
Received 142 Likes on 78 Posts
Welcome aboard! Things are usually pretty slow in here, but dont let that keep you from asking for any help from us locals. Most of us just dont have the free time hang out all day in the chapters like some of the others. We're Iowa boys....we work for a living!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 AM
SunDown
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

*stands up* my name is Jason and I'm addicted to trucks......

its true and I think it could be a problem, but im having fun so I dont think it matters much.
Im new to Iowa, just moved out here from OR. As far as trucks go, I have what amounts to 1.5 1953 f100's. And of course I have a parts truck that is has been altered a lil. My main focus this winter is on the frame of the f100. I need to get it blasted so i can get to work fabing up the subframe, modifying it for airbags and the four link designed and fabbed up. Realistically the way I move I will be lucky to be close to getting half of that done by spring of 08, but I guess I could surprise myself??
So thats me....ohhh and Im in the des moines area so if that helps with my location???

Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
If you came here thinking we could help with your addiction, well, I guess you could be right, we'll help it get worse!! SHould be some members in your area, so ask away on where to find things.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
390fe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome and glad to have you with us!

Old 12-16-2007, 03:18 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SunDown
*stands up* my name is Jason and I'm addicted to trucks......

its true and I think it could be a problem, but im having fun so I dont think it matters much.
Im new to Iowa, just moved out here from OR. As far as trucks go, I have what amounts to 1.5 1953 f100's. And of course I have a parts truck that is has been altered a lil. My main focus this winter is on the frame of the f100. I need to get it blasted so i can get to work fabing up the subframe, modifying it for airbags and the four link designed and fabbed up. Realistically the way I move I will be lucky to be close to getting half of that done by spring of 08, but I guess I could surprise myself??
So thats me....ohhh and Im in the des moines area so if that helps with my location???
Just noticed this, hey welcome another transplant, moved here 16 yrs ago from Wyoming, moved to Wyoming from Vancouver WA so now that area well. nice to see I ain't the only old fart addicted to trucks. although mine tends to be nothing ford ever actually produced

Anyway welcome to the forum and the state.

and i am about 60 miles south of Des Moines although I do end up in that area quit a bit.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
SunDown
Senior User
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Just noticed this, hey welcome another transplant, moved here 16 yrs ago from Wyoming, moved to Wyoming from Vancouver WA so now that area well. nice to see I ain't the only old fart addicted to trucks. although mine tends to be nothing ford ever actually produced

Anyway welcome to the forum and the state.

and i am about 60 miles south of Des Moines although I do end up in that area quit a bit.
How long has it been since you have been back to the portland area? The couve has grown SOOOOOO much its insane. Its mainly still a bedroom community for portland but the amount of people that live over there now is mind blowing.

In any case Im lovin the midwest, though I'd trade this snow and ice bussiness for the rain filled winters anyday.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. I sure appreciate it. I need to finish up a couple details on my parts chaser before I dive into the 53 head first. Im sure many wont like what I have in store for the 53 but this was a dream dad had before he passed away and I have the beast now and plan to see most of what he wanted done gets done...and add my own personal touch to it too of course.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:54 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
was out in the portland, Bremerton, moses lake areas last Christmas actually and yes that place has gone nuts, in fact the entire western side of the state is crazy.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
stryder
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by SunDown
Im sure many wont like what I have in store for the 53 but this was a dream dad had before he passed away and I have the beast now and plan to see most of what he wanted done gets done...and add my own personal touch to it too of course.
As long as the plans DONT include a Chevy motor, we'll forgive you. I inherited my dad's '38. It's setup for a SBC, but that will change as soonas I get around to working on it.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
SunDown
Senior User
not chevy, no, pontiac, 389 tri power 59 vintage..

Thats what he put in the truck and thats what will stay. I still have the original flat head too, but thats going to have to find a new home I think.

Thats the part that I mean people wont like.. oh well

Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM
stryder
Fleet Mechanic
I'm just giving you a hard time. As long as its a Ford, we love it! These days its hard enough to keep old trucks on the road, let alone original. Sounds like a good project. Post some pics in your gallery when you can.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:15 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Please welcome andrewk to the chapter!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
ididntdoit99 has officially signed up, welcome! He comes to us from Waterloo... Maybe he could find our lost members around there...

Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
ididntdoit99
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It took me a while to realize that I never actually joined... dopey me..

show me what their truck look like... i'll hunt um down..

Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Trust me, you aren't alone... glad you got it done though!

Quick Reply: Please welcome another new member!