General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

mike vick gets 23 months in prison

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mike vick gets 23 months in prison

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22171754/

funny sentencing comes same day as the falcons have a game.

23 months, he turned himself in last month early, so all in all hell be in the pen for 2 years. could have gotten 5 years.

i guess its better than what stars are getting for DUI'S

23 months to much or to light of a sentence??

Old 12-10-2007, 12:41 PM
websthes
Postmaster
23 months? is that like two years less a day... so he can serve his time in a less security prison?

Old 12-10-2007, 12:54 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The most severe punishment will be to his wallet. He will have to forfeit millions, including a huge signing bonus he has to return, as well as lose two years of playing time ..... most likely will never play again.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
ag-ford-4x4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, one can only hope it hits him where it counts.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
He'll probably play for the raiders when he gets out. He'll feel right at home.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
CapeF250
Senior User

I wish his cellmates would be a couple of hungry dogs

Old 12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
kswayze
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know he deserves to go to prison but this almost seams racist compared to all the other DUI celebs. They spend a couple nights in a hotel called prison and then they are out but when a african-american messes up he spends the next 2 years of his life in prison and most likely loses every dollar he made and loses his career. Im not saying that he should have gotten away with it I am just saying that the DUI celebs should have had REAL punishments. Personally I think driving drunk is much more dangerous than training dogs to fight and animal abuse. Just what I think though

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kswayze
I know he deserves to go to prison but this almost seams racist compared to all the other DUI celebs. They spend a couple nights in a hotel called prison and then they are out but when a african-american messes up he spends the next 2 years of his life in prison and most likely loses every dollar he made and loses his career. Im not saying that he should have gotten away with it I am just saying that the DUI celebs should have had REAL punishments. Personally I think driving drunk is much more dangerous than training dogs to fight and animal abuse. Just what I think though

Race had absolutely nothing to do with this whole thing. Vick bankrolled an illegal operation, (illegal by State and Federal laws), he lied to FEDERAL prosecutors about his involvement, he lied to everyone about his own participation in the killing of under-performing dogs and he smoked marijuana while awaiting sentencing 17 days after telling the judge he would refrain from drugs.

If Vick had been fish-belly white, he would've recieved the same sentence given the attitude he's exhibited. This whole time he's acted like he's going to get off with a slap on the wrist just because he is Michael Vick and he "kinda, sorta" cooperated with officials. I agree that the DUI celebs should've gotten more of a sentence then they did, but they didn't kill anything or bankroll the killing of anything.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
i think that the entire prison system stinks he should have gotten the full five years there should be no parole, no early release and your sentence should be as read...if you had such good behaviour you wouldnt be in jail in the first place...
Celebs should also get the same as john doe when they get busted no favoritism for anyone

Old 12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm so tired of people playing the race card because a black man goes to jail.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:57 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
i agree dui celebs should get a worst sentence but that is up to the state and the local jurstiction where they are at which is mostly in the celeb loving area of cali.

vick did that whole federal thing, which is a step above the scale than getting a dui in poke dunk county.

but hey, if you want to throw the race card out there, go ahead, people of color never have done anything wrong, just been railroaded by the all white justice system.

i suppose you would have let him off and forced the falcons to take him back or even spnsored a lawsuit so he can retain his bonus and income and sue the falcons for wrongful termination.

"arican-american" i have spent more time in africa then he ever has. there is zero african about him. but which part of africa were you refering to? not all of africa has black people you know and has not been that way for many, many years.

damn pc crap.............

Old 12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
TheRoadVirus
Elder User
He deserved what he got, if not more. I don't care if he's black, white or green. Dogfighting is disgusting.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
kswayze
Freshman User
Wow people sorry for being such a dumb ****. I didnt say one thing about him getting off or going back to the Falcons, I said that other celebrities should have gotten harsher punishments. Why does everyone get all pissed off because I said that it might have been racial? You might have missunderstood me, who knows if it was racial or not but it is just one opinion so please get off my back about it.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:13 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
The sentence was to light just like every other celebrity and regular joe sentence (doesn't matter what colour the criminal is) handed down by any north american court today.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
gustav129
Senior User
Originally Posted by CapeF250
I wish his cellmates would be a couple of hungry dogs
I don't think so, since he's herpes infested "Ron Mexico"

All I can say, 32nd losing season out of 42 total seasons. Ahh, it's just like the good old days. Go Falcons

Quick Reply: mike vick gets 23 months in prison