New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

BIGKEN is going bigtime

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Thanks Don...you're 100% correct...if business was better...I wouldn't have time to play around on the computer.
Kittens sounds cool in the future...hopefully Ginger will be there. I think it's wonderful that Sean has turned over a new leaf...even if it's a lettuce leaf!!!

Now Ken you were here more today then I was so how about filling me in on what happen..I did not leave the shop today until 6 pm..Now Saturdays I am gone at noon..Just to show what kind of a day I had..Busy for a change..

So tomorrow I am lugging my small **** to Greenfield and we are going to eat a juicy Steak because we deserve it Big Guy... I hope you made money this week because I am hungry..

Old 12-08-2007, 06:24 PM
89frankenford
Elder User
hey CONGRATS on the 1000 posts!!!! and im still hear but kinda silent, doing a lot of posting on the 87-96 forum

Old 12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by 89frankenford
hey CONGRATS on the 1000 posts!!!! and im still hear but kinda silent, doing a lot of posting on the 87-96 forum

Time for you to breeak out of that shell and hang out with us...LOL Glad you can make it and how is the truck coming along?

I also like the(Patriotism is NOT putting an American Flag on an import!) in your sig..I really like that one...

Old 12-08-2007, 06:57 PM
89frankenford
Elder User
the truck is coming along great. still have to finish some stuff up and/or get some stuff done...like i have to fix the drivers side rocker panel/cab corner/and floor....BUT i don't know how to do ANY body work once so ever. . i'm a mechanic but not an autobody tech. other then that it is mechanically sound

Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
48' fordster
Elder User
Congratulation's on the big 1,000! I think its safe to say your "over the hill" by now. (in posts of coarse) haha. good job

Old 12-09-2007, 05:14 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by 48' fordster
Congratulation's on the big 1,000! I think its safe to say your "over the hill" by now. (in posts of coarse) haha. good job

Congrats on your 400th post....

Old 12-09-2007, 06:06 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,089 Likes on 4,179 Posts
Originally Posted by 48' fordster
Thanks Alec...I've been over the hill for a while now!!! Props on 400...if you had no life like some of us you could add another zero to the number!!!

Old 12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
gray91
Elder User
Don't know if you checked the 89-96 forum thread about the CA emissions-- I answered your post RE diesels and MA. BIGKEN can answer that with more recent news oin that, but at the time of posting I believe you still can't get a brand new diesel in MA. Only a used one over "x" miles.

BTW one thing we got on you New Hamster guys here-- we can pass safety even with an ABS light on. The only brake light that fails you is the red one.

A MIL lamp will flunk you, and taking the bulb out don't help because they hook to a computer (1996 +)

Old 12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by gray91
Don't know if you checked the 89-96 forum thread about the CA emissions-- I answered your post RE diesels and MA. BIGKEN can answer that with more recent news oin that, but at the time of posting I believe you still can't get a brand new diesel in MA. Only a used one over "x" miles.

BTW one thing we got on you New Hamster guys here-- we can pass safety even with an ABS light on. The only brake light that fails you is the red one.

A MIL lamp will flunk you, and taking the bulb out don't help because they hook to a computer (1996 +)

If the ABS light or check engine light is on it fails up here as well.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Thanks Alec...I've been over the hill for a while now!!!
So does this mean you are rolling down the hill?

Old 12-09-2007, 08:47 PM
89frankenford
Elder User
Originally Posted by sglaine

yeah we had a discussion on one of the posts about emissions and thats what i said. i forgot you posted that gray91. in NH pulling the bulb for the CIL we can still see if you have it on because we to hook up to a state computer that reads the codes. i inspected anybody's car that has that done...yet but im sure ill find someone

Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
yeah we had a discussion on one of the posts about emissions and thats what i said. i forgot you posted that gray91. in NH pulling the bulb for the CIL we can still see if you have it on because we to hook up to a state computer that reads the codes. i inspected anybody's car that has that done...yet but im sure ill find someone

Wouldn't be funny your first one tomorrow you catch one..

Old 12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
89frankenford
Elder User
haha yeah it would be. we have had cars come in and you just look at it and find 20 things wrong with it and wondering how and why is this vehicle STILL on the road and not in a junkyard or in a ditch

Old 12-10-2007, 08:53 AM
gray91
Elder User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sglaine
I was misread.. In MA, you pass with an ABS light on, so long as the red system light is off (but not disconnected) and of course the brakes otherwise function properly

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/faq/inspection.htm#4

Text on the FAQ reads

[My Anti-lock brake light is on, am I going to fail inspection?

No, anti-lock brakes are not part of the state inspection. If the brake light is on, indicating a failure in the hydraulic braking system, you will be failed. This indicates a serious condition which must be checked immediately. The anti-lock brake light indicates a problem with that specific feature of your braking system. We do, however, suggest you have the brakes checked as soon as possible. ]

Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 AM
gray91
Elder User
Talking Now Back to Our Big Friend...

Chip off the old block today, fella! Chip chip chip that ice off those windshields!

Keep being a good sport and don't have a chip on your shoulder!!

For a reward, don't forget Chips Ahoy cookies with your lunch

As usual....

Quick Reply: BIGKEN is going bigtime