Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

riored4v is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good trails--?

Hey guys,

A buddy and I were planning on going out this Saturday to go play in some mud. I guess knows of a few places, but I was just curious if you guys knew of any good trails/roads to get into some mud?

I'm hoping with this Fri/Sat rain we should be able to find some fun stuff to play in, and then take a trip up to Charleston to check out the snow.

Thanks in advance

Member of FTE Nevada Chapter
Old 12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Posting Guru
2000 Ford F-250

racerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to behold
Don't really know the trails down there, but if you get any alkali mud on your truck make sure you get it ALL OFF right away. Dries harder than concrete and is corrosive as well. Used to go out in Spring Mt.(?) canyon years ago but it's all devloped now I think. We're due for some snow up here and will be out playing in it as well. Have fun!
2000 F-250 XLT Lariat 4x4 SC V10 6" lift, 35" tires, Powerdyne supercharger, K&N filter, Gibson headers & exhaust, Tugger shift kit, Billet lockup torque converter, on board compressor, Leer shell, various flame themed accessory doo-dads and TUNES!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
We spent last weekend in Primm (State Line,with the RV), On the west side of I-15, just 2 miles north of Whiskey Pete's. It rained Friday and stopped about 2:00 in the morning, Lots of good mud and small hills. Had a blast! 3 rigs and 9 trucks showed up. I think there where 4 Quads also.!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerchick21
Don't really know the trails down there, but if you get any alkali mud on your truck make sure you get it ALL OFF right away. Dries harder than concrete and is corrosive as well. Used to go out in Spring Mt.(?) canyon years ago but it's all devloped now I think. We're due for some snow up here and will be out playing in it as well. Have fun!
Oh yea, no matter where I go mudding, I always make sure to spray it off as soon as I return home.

We used to get some nasty stuff when I lived up in WA, and also some nasty clay type stuff down here when I used to roam around in my Blazer.

Good looking out though.. appreciate it.

Hopefully someone knows of some trails. Like you, most of the places I used to go 8-9 yrs ago are all built up now.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubeee1
We spent last weekend in Primm (State Line,with the RV), On the west side of I-15, just 2 miles north of Whiskey Pete's. It rained Friday and stopped about 2:00 in the morning, Lots of good mud and small hills. Had a blast! 3 rigs and 9 trucks showed up. I think there where 4 Quads also.!!!!
Hmm.. sounds like a good time, and probably equally as far as Charleston.

Is there a certain area/road you guys went to? Any pics?

Thanks man

Old 12-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
Can you believe it? Not one of us took a pic.!!! It take about 45 mins to get there from Trop and I-15. If you get off at Primm, make a right, make a second right, follow the fence line off the Highway North about 1 mile, then turn West.!! Have fun.!! Its all open BLM land out there.! Look for the yellow gas markers and follow them to the West over the first hill.! You'll now your there when you find the burnt out dodge truck...LOL

Old 12-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Can you believe it? Not one of us took a pic.!!! It take about 45 mins to get there from Trop and I-15. If you get off at Primm, make a right, make a second right, follow the fence line off the Highway North about 1 mile, then turn West.!! Have fun.!! Its all open BLM land out there.! Look for the yellow gas markers and follow them to the West over the first hill.! You'll now your there when you find the burnt out dodge truck...LOL
no pics? man... disappointed..lol

Appreciate the directions. One last question, is it very rocky, or is it pretty good dirt/mud?

Old 12-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

Sorry about the pics, Havin to much fun.!!!

The mud in its deepest parts where 12" deep, then you hit a rock base. No one got stuck all weekend......

Old 12-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

A couple of the guys go just south of Boulder City (2miles south) off Veteran Memorial Dr. Mud and sand mix.!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Friggin sweet man.. I appreciate it!

You think the place out of Primm would be acceptable for those in a 2wd? Got a buddy with a Dodge interested in going also, but he's worried with it being a 2wd.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

Mines a 2wheel............!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Interstate Menace
Garage is empty, add now

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by riored4v
Friggin sweet man.. I appreciate it!

You think the place out of Primm would be acceptable for those in a 2wd? Got a buddy with a Dodge interested in going also, but he's worried with it being a 2wd.
if he gets stuck, light his on fire too..

there are alot of service roads down by Primm which will accomodate a full size truck..traction is good...some of it gets pretty steep..
Old 12-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

thanks for all the help guys. hopefully i'll have some pics to share on monday.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

redneckboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Mines a 2wheel............!!!
I thought yours wasa four wheel

http://www.myspace.com/redneckboy
Old 12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

Well..............4 in the back...lol

Old 12-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter