Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Posting Guru

racerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to behold
Waiting for a fall.....

Snowfall, that is. We're supposed to get out first real storm tonight. (Nothing like yours, snowbunny) A few feet in the mountains and a few inches down here, just enough to make it feel like Christmas when we go cut our tree on Saturday, and for the downtown tree lighting tommorrow night YAY! Last year there was no snow, so they had that fake snow/soap bubble crap, it was kinda corny.
2000 F-250 XLT Lariat 4x4 SC V10 6" lift, 35" tires, Powerdyne supercharger, K&N filter, Gibson headers & exhaust, Tugger shift kit, Billet lockup torque converter, on board compressor, Leer shell, various flame themed accessory doo-dads and TUNES!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Postmaster

nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
Surprise.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........There calling for Snow in the Vegas Vally tonight.!!! WHATS THAT..????

Old 12-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Posting Guru

racerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to behold
Right on!! Take some pictures to remind you this summer when it's 120!
2000 F-250 XLT Lariat 4x4 SC V10 6" lift, 35" tires, Powerdyne supercharger, K&N filter, Gibson headers & exhaust, Tugger shift kit, Billet lockup torque converter, on board compressor, Leer shell, various flame themed accessory doo-dads and TUNES!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Postmaster

nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
But no one would believe me...........LOL

Old 12-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Postmaster

Racer, Did you get the rep issue thing figured out.???

Old 12-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Posting Guru

Yes I did, thanks. Can't remember who I was trying to give some to, though! Oh well, now I know for next time.

Why do pepole think it's always hot in the desert? I did a job at Nellis AFB from Jan-April '04 and it was a-- cold. When I told friends where I was going, they said 'wow, won't it be too hot??'
Old 12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
I have experienced some serious cold in the high desert!

Snowbunny for president!!!

We are getting some snow now, up at Lake Tahoe. It's not too cold though, we will see what tomorrow brings. Maybe time to put my studded tires on my Wrangler. (Don't have them for my truck.)

corporations are not persons
corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.

Last edited by Bdox; 12-07-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Nice thing about cold in the desert is that it usually is very dry and doesn't feel real cold. Unless the wind is blowing, then it blows right down to the bones.
I was a little disapointed about the 4 inches we got here at work. We were expecting 1-2 feet at this elevation. Oh well. I think there is more on the ground at my house at 5700 foot. But I haven't been home in a couple of days so I dunno.
It is still showering here at work now though, so maybe there is still hope for a good Sierra pack. I hope this is the beginning of Winter. It sure has been taking its time getting here.

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 12-07-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
Three PM Fri. We only have 3-4" at the Southeast corner of the lake, (aka the banana belt,) but it has really started to come down now. I'm going to fire up the snowblower before it becomes a huge task.

Cheers.

corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdox
Three PM Fri. We only have 3-4" at the Southeast corner of the lake, (aka the banana belt,) but it has really started to come down now. I'm going to fire up the snowblower before it becomes a huge task.

Cheers.
The banana belt?

Because of the comparatively tropical atmosphere?
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
The banana belt?

Because of the comparatively tropical atmosphere?

EEEEZackly.

We have our own little micro-climate here. The west shore might get two feet of snow compared to four to six inches over here.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Postmaster

No snow, No rain...........Oh yeah, we live in the desert.!!!! So much for the big storm.!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubeee1
No snow, No rain...........Oh yeah, we live in the desert.!!!! So much for the big storm.!
Yeah. Iwas waitin' for mud and ash floes to come down the street.Bah!
We got like 1/2" total.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Postmaster

Maybe that's a good thing , with all the fires you got.!!

Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter