Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Pablaster, anyone?

I would like to know if any of you have ever made a pablaster, pressure assit blaster from plans from this web site, http://www.pablaster.com/

I would like to know if you liked it and if it really worked as good as this guy, and others I have found on the net, say it is. I have a syphon feed blaster in a 6' X 6' X 5' steel enclosure. It works pretty good but my compressor runs constantly when using it. I want to revamp the whole system and if this works I would incorporate it in the new system. I already have a newer, bigger compressor but haven't used it much.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 12-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Click the image to open in full size.

Hasn't anyone used one?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Posting Guru

mt54 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I use a pressure assist blaster; it works 500 times better than my siphon feed blaster
The comp still works but you get more results faster. Less wasted air.
It takes much less time to remove paint,rust,ect ect
I bought mine from HF, the smaller of the two they have, under $60. I can blast for approx. 15-20 mins before I have to refill, but that gives the comp a rest.
I'm very happy with it
07 HD Bagger
07 HD 1200 custom
Ain't no fun, If your truck don't Run!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Posting Guru

ksmith203 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would be interested also if it works. I may spend the 10.00 to find out.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Post Fiend

Yeah, for $10 it's worth a try. I just wanted to see if anyone on the board used his plans. I thought with the number of member who do all of their own mechanical work on their trucks and other projects there had to be someone here who had used it.

I'll have to take a look at the one at HF.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
I'm not sure exactly what it is, I went to the site but shows no pictures, I'm lost without pictures
Old 12-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Posting Guru

I just was at one my neighbors tonight, He happened to have one that he built, he used a empty LP tank, the tank a few ball valves and some pipe and fittings and rubber hose, you will need to weld one bung in the bottom of the tank..
Why pay $10... Go to the Harbor Freight web site and you can download the manual which has pics, from there its pretty simple.
Let me see if I can put together some plans, from mine, I'll get back to yas
if anyone is interested
07 HD Bagger
07 HD 1200 custom
Old 12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Proprietor
How big of a tank? I have my old fuel oil tank out back just itching to be used for something. I thought at first of making a blasting cabinet out of it, but a 250 gallon pa blaster would be ultra cool.
The rest are just average.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Posting Guru

what I have,and seen is more like a portable LP tank maybe 30- 40lb tank
07 HD Bagger
07 HD 1200 custom
Old 12-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
I bought one at HF years ago, I don't use it too often but when I have used it it has performed well. Clean sand/media is a must! Here's the link for those interested...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95014
Old 12-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
For anyone doing their own blasting, I see Northern Tool now carries a number of different blasting media including soda, walnut shell and plastic.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Post Fiend

I am not trying to be cheap and get a free drawing of the system, the guy with the drawings is only asking $10 for them. It's not going to break me to cough up the $10. I am just interested in if this system works and if anyone he has built one.

From the pictures on the HF website it look like a regular pressurized blaster. Is this what a pressure assist blaster is?

I have a five foot high galvinized water pressure tank I saved from the dumpster about two years ago with the intension of using it for a blasting system. It sounds like it would be a good candidate for the PABlaster system. I would guess it's about a 20 gallon tank so it will hold a lot of media. I currently use Black Beauty slag for my blasting. It works fairly good with my simple syphon feed blaster. I get it at the local hardware store for $8 for a 100# bag.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I am not trying to be cheap and get a free drawing of the system, the guy with the drawings is only asking $10 for them. It's not going to break me to cough up the $10. I am just interested in if this system works and if anyone he has built one.

From the pictures on the HF website it look like a regular pressurized blaster. Is this what a pressure assist blaster is?

I have a five foot high galvinized water pressure tank I saved from the dumpster about two years ago with the intension of using it for a blasting system. It sounds like it would be a good candidate for the PABlaster system. I would guess it's about a 20 gallon tank so it will hold a lot of media. I currently use Black Beauty slag for my blasting. It works fairly good with my simple syphon feed blaster. I get it at the local hardware store for $8 for a 100# bag.
Bob,
Pressure Assist/ Pressurized, same concept. You can build to what ever size suites you, just be sure you have enough air and time to presurize what ever size tank you use. the tank itself just needs enough presure to push the abrasive out into the higher pressure air stream.

The pressure system works very well, I highly recomend there use.

I will refrane from any drawings, I was only tring to share information.
certainly not insinuating any cheapness on anyones part.
07 HD Bagger
07 HD 1200 custom
Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud of
One thing that has always annoyed me about the HF blaster I have is the small fill neck. (You can see it in the link in a prior post)..

one I wish I had bought (well, for 4 times the cost at least!) is the Texas Blaster.

the big funnel top, and the pull up cork make for fast fill..

They also have some great info on air volume requirements in the specs section.

Sam
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt54
I will refrane from any drawings, I was only tring to share information.
certainly not insinuating any cheapness on anyones part.
Mike,

I would appreciate a drawing if possible. No way was I trying to insinuate anything on my part. I get a lot of information from the board along with trying to provide information if I have it. I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't posting to get around paying the guy $10, and trying to weasle a drawing from someone who has. Go ahead and post your drawing. I am sure there are a few others who also would be interested in seeing what it is all about. I appologize if I came off as rude, did not intend to be that way.

Sam,

What you stated is another reason I asked the question about the PABlaster, is there anything you would do better. I plan to build my own system from parts I have and can get from the local farm and/or home supply store. I would like to have as big of fill hole as possible, maybe a 4" threaded plug with a funnel collar.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
assist, blaster, built, diy, home, pa, pablaster, pablastercom, pdf, pictures, plans, pressure, sandblaster, soda, wwwpablastercom