Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Everyone doing alright with the storm???

How is everyone dealing with the first real snow storm of the season? First time I had to put the snowplow on the truck and go plowing. We probably got about 4 inches around here with some freezing rain. Not much, but enough to make things messy around here.

How is everyone else doing?

Be safe out there. From the weather reports there is still another front coming through.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Posting Guru

ranger1999 Bob has a good reputation on FTE.ranger1999 Bob has a good reputation on FTE.ranger1999 Bob has a good reputation on FTE.
Robert Olson
my neighbros called and told me that its not bad in deposit just like six inches of snow but that was before the second round is coming ill call in tomorrow and see how its going there
Old 12-03-2007, 04:56 AM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
freezing rain here now. here in the mohawk valley, it gets weird.

NY problem solver dammit. R.I.P. Dono
Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Yeah we got freezing rain last night and I guess the roads were bad early this morning. Several cars off the road and in the ditches. Light flurries now, but the winds are whipping!! Up to 50 mph in some spots.

Be careful out there everyone.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Posting Guru

JBradley500 is starting off with a positive reputation.
the wind was horrible...the old 2.5 jeep was right to the floor on RTE 36 at 45 mph....
Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
About 5" here in Trumansburg Sunday. Freezing rain now. Guess I'll have to put off pouring concrete for my Mustang stable until spring. Think I might make a quick trip to Virginia to deliver a car if I don't have to drive through much of this stuff.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 12-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Elder User

ken75ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.
1/2 inch of freezing rain here at the capital. No problems.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
about an inch of snow here overnight. but the damn wind was a little scary.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Hi folks, Sunday we had about 5" that mostly melted. Yesterday we had about 3" by evening and this morning woke up to another 5 or 6" and it is still coming down. I may get another 6" or so today. I guess I may need to get the snowblower out for the first time this year.

Be safe everyone
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Steve, SteveBricks, you were a friend and will be greatly missed.
R.I.P. Wallace, mans best friend 2/25/06 - 9/6/14.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Posting Guru

Well we are still under a storm watch here in Western NY until 5 pm. We got another couple of inches last night and it is still snowing here lightly today. Last night was a pain driving home from work. Total white out in spots and car accidents all over the place.

Hey Justin are you still in school at Alfred State? The college is closed today.

George - be careful if you do decide to head out to Virginia. You should be alright after today if the weather predictions are correct.

Ken - I love your Bronco. Wish I could find one like yours. I would be out wheeling all the time or playing in the snow with it.

Carl - how fast was the winds up your way? We were having gusts of up to 50 mph here and that was what was causing a lot of the accidents. People all of sudden couldn't see where they were going until it was too late.

I have to concur with tiny's statement, "Be safe everyone."
Old 12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Post Fiend

that was about our gusts also Darren. i've got that stupid tree that got hit by lightning this summer. it's so close to the house i was afraid the top was giong through my roof

Old 12-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Posting Guru

No ive started working so i was out and about driving in this weather...i couldnt get lucky enough to get a snow day..
Old 12-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBradley500
No ive started working so i was out and about driving in this weather...i couldnt get lucky enough to get a snow day..
So what are you doing now?

Just back in from plowing. So much fun pushing the white stuff around.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin007
Just back in from plowing. So much fun pushing the white stuff around.
Well if you had so much fun pushing it around, you could have made a road trip up here and helped out.
According to a local tv station, in my area we recieved 16" total for the storm. I am not sure if that included the snow from Saturday or not, but I will say that there was a lot of snow that I had to deal with last night.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Steve, SteveBricks, you were a friend and will be greatly missed.
R.I.P. Wallace, mans best friend 2/25/06 - 9/6/14.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Posting Guru

working at Alstom, looking for a job i like...hah
Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter