Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Postmaster

nobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud of
Deer Hunting, 2007

Hey, lets get out chapter going a bit more, who all went deer hunting this year? If you did, lets post up some pictures! (cant remember which one said it, but one mod said no pictures of dead anything in the posts so make them links)

Heres my white tail, taken in the Killdeer Mtns, Nov 21st. Nice 5x5, aprox. 145 BC (not official, my dad is used to scoring elk) But its at the taxidermist now, so just waiting to get it back.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/joshdvirnak/Deer%2007/1121070725b.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/joshdvirnak/Deer%2007/1121070721.jpg

These pictures were taken with my phone, the better ones are on my dads camera. He got a decent 5x as well. His is not quite as heavy though.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nice!

I killed a couple does, both on doe tags, didn't see a good buck. I took a picture of the whitetail, not the muley...

http://msubillings.facebook.com/albu...7&id=148900708
Old 12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
I only hunt with a camera now. The enviro nuts have closed off all of my old hunting areas, so I can't get back into them unless I rent a horse. And I can't even imagine the pain that would cause. I haven't spent a dime towards this worthless Mt Fish and Game Dept for two years now. I'm not paying for only the perfectly healthy to be able to go out and hunt. So screw 'em. They'll never get another dime from me.

Nice lookin critters, both of ya.

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Postmaster

nobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud of
Thanks Dick, sorry to hear about your situation, that cant be fun. I am sure if you were ever interested, we could get you out here with us.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Posting Guru

swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.
swannsa
Went on a one week deer & elk hunt in a new area this year, and got skunked. We were hunting bucks-bulls only, and saw more does than you could shoot at. Figures.
'07 Foose Stallion (Mustang GT)

Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Postmaster

Thats how it usually goes, Swann. btw, how often do you make it down to Thermopolis? my mothers parents live there and we usually make it down there once or twice a year and spend a week or so, and we usually end up in Riverton during our stay.

Where did you go elk hunting? Wyoming? You ever go antelope hunting? its not like you guys dont have enough down there!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Posting Guru

swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.
swannsa
Yeah done some antelope hunting... probably will again next year. The season opens in September, good warm-up for deer and elk.

We went to Dubois to do our hunting this year. Our biggest problem was we were there early hunting on a general tag. We plan to hunt late October next year, probably Bondurant or Green Mountain.

Thermopolis is cool. I usually end up there a couple of times a year too. I like to ride my motorcycle through the canyon when the weather is nice. My wife & I try to take a weekend every winter to get away over there. Kinda cool sitting in a hot springs when it's freezing outside!

Old 12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Postmaster

Thats cool, me and my dad were thinking about doing some antelope hunting in the mountains in the next few years, sounds like a lot of fun.

I remember one winter we were down there for christmas and we went swimming, we walked barefoot through 6 inches of snow to jump in an outdoor pool, I love that place.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Posting Guru

swannsa
Antelope is probably the easiest hunting around here... we drive down to the desert south of Jeffrey City, herds of 'em roaming around all over the place. Just drive around some until you find some close enough to get a shot!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Postmaster

We are planning on doing a hike/hunt up into the mountains, do a little Mountain Safari.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Junior User

Montana Mark is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here are a few pictures of our season. This is my 12 year old son's first deer
http://big78ford.home.bresnan.net/brendan.jpg.
My daughter also got her first deer
http://big78ford.home.bresnan.net/kyleigh.jpg
It was a beautiful morning. I filled my doe tag also.
http://big78ford.home.bresnan.net/moon.jpg
Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
Good going Mark and kids! Glad to see you passing the "heritage" along. I hope they both stick with it, as they grow older. You must be a proud dad. And hey... be thankful I'm not 16 again... I'd have to come down there and hustle up on that beautiful daughter. (LOL)

Thankfully, I'm at an age and disposition that I could care less about females, males, morphydites, sheep, dogs, or gophers. I think I've forgotten the whole purpose!

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover55
I think I've forgotten the whole purpose!
Thats so sad! I hope you can get your memory jogged soon!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Good to see the family involved, Mark!

I'm gonna be adding some geese and ducks to this season, I can't wait to get out there, they are everywhere...
Old 12-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Senior User

CaMo_FroG is starting off with a positive reputation.
i was out hunting when i took the pic of my truck in my sig over in eastern montana... here is this years kill 6 - antelope 7- deer ( there were 8 of us hunting) nothing too huge we're meat hunters ...all tho there is a nice 14" buck antelope.

http://dacgaming.com/upload/userfile...514-resize.jpg

of course using a truck for what its ment for.... hehe

http://dacgaming.com/upload/userfile...525-resize.jpg

an some blood an guns...

http://dacgaming.com/upload/userfile...523-resize.jpg
Ram-Air hood & intake
Onyx bedliner+undercoating
Leer topper
sound deadening
Custom stereo system
bushwacker pocket flares
seat covers
http://dacgaming.com/upload/userfile...MYTRUCKsig.jpg
Old 12-14-2007, 09:50 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter

Tags
2003, 2010, antelope, covers, deer, eastern, f150, ford, hunter, hunting, kill, montana, sale, set, trucks