Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Neal 97 250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Anyone see the fireball over the Valero refinery today? I did.

I was at Elvis Pressley and Brooks road when it happened. The comments I heard were "Is that another fire at that old refinery again?" etc...

It (the place) was called by the news "The Old Mapco Refinery" at first.

Valero is stating that "a system malfunction caused a control burn from one of their smokestacks, and the public was at no time in any danger."

I tell ya what - from where I was, the flames shot between five hundred to a fifteen hundred feet high, with a mushroom shaped black cloud double or triple that size above it that was reported seen from as far away as Southaven.

"Control Burn" ?

I have a bad feeling about that....

It happened at 4:45 approximately, earlier today.

I have a good friend and neighbor who is looking for his next job there, and he says it's a good company if they pick you up, but most of the maintenance is contracted out.

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-30-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant future
I missed it.I would like to see one like that. I fish on McCellar lake some.I'd be real close if one happened while I was fishing. It might cause me to need new underware.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Posting Guru

Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What does you'r friend or neigbor do for a living? I may have some connections there.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
I think he's already in, he did the tests and I think the interview also. I expect he'll be in 'Operations'
Old 12-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Elder User

rusty7983 is starting off with a positive reputation.
because gas is so cheap, lets burn it off
Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Posting Guru

5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.
We have several Chemical plants in the area that have stacks burning all the time. They burn off by-products that they can't use or are in such a small qty that it is of no value. The stack is 150 to 200 feet tall and the normal flame is 10 feet. If they have a system problem or failure they burn it off through these stacks. you can tell they had something going on when the flame is high and going stright up not following the wind.

In the past some of the plants only light the stack when they had something to burn off and when it would light it would make a BIG BANG and a good fireball. They stopped this because of the noise and went to the above method.

Rod

This is my RCA dog look!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

They screwed up that day - it was a malf.

1500 feet of flame malf.....

"Oops, gee Wally - I just burnt a thousand gallons of high-test. Do you think the boss will forgive me?"

"I dunno Beave - maybe you should hide..."

Last edited by Greywolf; 12-12-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter