Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Senior User

misnomer is starting off with a positive reputation.
hoses & seals ???

I hear various things about effects of WVO & Biodiesel on fuel lines. How significant are the effects? Is there a place where the varying effects are posted? Viton I hear is the material of choice.. but it is $13+/ft, and I don't think I can get it locally. Tygon (F4040A) is much cheaper $2-4/ft and lots of places carry it. But I have not seen a report about its use with Biofuel.

I have the rear tank out of my truck installed a HotFox, I was thinking of just using standard rubber fuel lines.. but started thinking about the hassel of having to replace the fuel line to the tank again.. I really dont want to be pulling that tank again if I can help it.

How about getting seals for the injection lines for older engines. If I buy a kit will it still be made with OE material?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If your truck was made after 1994 you probably already have vitron fuel lines.
If it is older than that you should get them.
While $13/ft is expensive remember it is a one time deal why take a chance on somthing that "MIGHT" work.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Senior User

1984 6.9L F250, no vitron on her. The hard lines are stainless, then the last few feet to the tank are rubber. I just wish I knew a local supplier and didn't have to wait for a UPS shipment again.

The o-rings started leaking also, are all the kits now made with vitron o-rings? or are there some brands I should avoid?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get some good heavy strong rubber lines, and they won't rot away anytime soon.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Postmaster

Fat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysFords
Get some good heavy strong rubber lines, and they won't rot away anytime soon.
It took about a year for a pinhole leak to start in a nice heavy rubber 30R7 line of mine.
Early 99 F250 PSD 4x4 CC 6spd Common Mods 300,000+ Miles, No longer driven daily
1964 Falcon Convert 289 Toploader 9" 4 Wheel Disks
Nov '10 Recipient: "dedicated report-back tech thread poster" award!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior User

DieselFuelOnly is starting off with a positive reputation.
I use AQP hose made by parker or aeroquip. We use it on ships and it handles everything from hydrualic oil, #2 diesel, JP-5, Lube oil, jacket water... you name it.

Good stuff and its not that terribly expensive.
4" Turbo-back Magnaflow Exhaust, ATS Turbo Housing, Wastegate Mod, 6637 Filter, Superchips Micro-tuner
Old 12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFuelOnly
I use AQP hose made by parker or aeroquip. We use it on ships and it handles everything from hydrualic oil, #2 diesel, JP-5, Lube oil, jacket water... you name it.

Good stuff and its not that terribly expensive.

Thanks... it isn't too bad $3.50/ft.. but then I would need to buy fittings for it, corect? or are you able to just slide it on and use hose clamps? The fittings are $5-6 each which doesn't make it much of a cost savings... and I know Viton works.. I ordered enough Viton for the fuel lines from the tank... I might experiment with the return lines.. i can see the return lines having more trouble since they move hot fuel in them.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Postmaster

Fat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to allFat Diesel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
It took about a year for a pinhole leak to start in a nice heavy rubber 30R7 line of mine.
Had another pin hole leak yesterday. I really need to get the teflon hose installed...
Early 99 F250 PSD 4x4 CC 6spd Common Mods 300,000+ Miles, No longer driven daily
1964 Falcon Convert 289 Toploader 9" 4 Wheel Disks
Nov '10 Recipient: "dedicated report-back tech thread poster" award!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
f4040a, tygon