Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Junior User

harstad23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
BioDiesel in Nebraska?

Are there any BioDiesel stations in Nebraska? Specifacally, Omaha?
9 Million acres of Soybeans and I cant find a bioDiesel station but I hear about them in Florida and Cali....???
Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
check out this LINK

looks like there is some b20 near you

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 11-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Junior User

Hey, thanks. I googled everything I could think of to find a list of stations and couldnt find one.

Next question.....Is it safe to run in my '05 with no modifications to the engine? I dont know much about this stuff.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Posting Guru

yes it is safe, you can run biodiesel in any diesel engine with little to no modifications. i have the same year truck as you and run bio w/o problems. biodiesel will clean out your fuel tank and fuel system and all the deposits will get cought in you fuel filters. depending on how dirty things are (miles on truck and quality of previous fuel) you might want to change you filters after the fist couple tanks. b20 will not clean it out as fast as b100 but overtime it does its thing. my truck runs better on bio, the engine idles smoother and really quites down.
*disclamer*
ford warrentys b5 maximum. so you tequnically could have issues. i took my truck in once and was running close to b100, they techs noticed and thought i was running straight kitchen grease and tripped out but they said to just bring the truck back with diesel it in. i was having turbo problems so it wasn't the fuel. remember that they don't warrenty fuel related problems anyways, so if you got some bad diesel they would say take it up with your fuel supplier.

1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Junior User

So the station on that list... Is the B20 in all the diesel pumps or just a certain one? Does it have to say BioDiesel on the pump?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Posting Guru

unless its like a biodiesel only station they will probably have some diesel pumps and some pumps that say b20

Old 11-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harstad23

Next question.....Is it safe to run in my '05 with no modifications to the engine? I dont know much about this stuff.
Check your owners manual. I believe the engine warranty is a max of B5 or 5% biodiesel from a commercial source. All i do is some math and I can get it fairly close by supplementing the bio with additional fuel.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:01 PM
New User

wine guy is starting off with a positive reputation.
In the Des Moines area we blend a alot of different percentages. I don't know what Sapp Bros are doing, but the manager will know the percentage blend. In the winter time the majority of the customers cut back to B-5 for ease of handling and customer problems. Summer time you will see alot of different blends depending on the price spread between No.2 and B100. Check the Pilot in Council Bluffs, I think they have a dedicated tank to B100. Hope this can help.

wine guy
Old 12-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Senior User

mejonz is starting off with a positive reputation.
here's another link you might try

www.nearbio.com/

the buck doesn't stop here just paueses for a moment on its way to the morgage,car ,electric, water...etc
Old 12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Senior User

jeffthralls is starting off with a positive reputation.
They sell B-5 bio at the Lucky gas station in Plattsmouth. Head south into Plattsmouth on 75 and go past Tincher(car Dealership). On the right hand side at the stop lights is the gas station, right in front of Plattsmouth Keno. Also Terror Free Oil on 132 and Q sells bio but I don't know what mix it is. Terror Free is on the South side of Q street, right next to QT. Hope this helps!
2001 F250 excab LB, 6637(w/ homemade pre-filter), 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's on stock wheels, Bilstiens on all four, Bushwacker O.E flares ,grill inserts ,marineco block heater cord end mod, more mods to come!!
1990 5.0L LX vert(7-Up Edition), 5spd, hurst shrt thrw, 5lug, 245/45/17s on '99 Cobras, cold air intk, 70mm thrtl bdy, long tube-off road H, Taylor's, performer rpm.
1999 Cobra lots of mods
Old 12-03-2007, 02:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
adambomb, b20, biodiesel, biofuel, buy, fordtrucks, ne, nebraska, omaha, stations, stocks