2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt waning siren

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Shanemh
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seatbelt waning siren

I am wandering if anyone knows how to stop the annoying seat belt chime that rings when you dont plug it in. Its in my company work truck, and I am always in and out of truck so the chime gets really annoying. Someone had mentioed a sequence that you can do by turning ignition on and off a certain amount of times. Has anyone heard of this???
Thanks, Shane

Old 11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
It tells you how to in your manual. Or do a search for seatbelt chime or something like that and you will find it.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Shanemh
Senior User
I dont have the manual, its a company owned truck but I have it full time. Maybe a google search will help. Thanks!

Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
chucks_net
Junior User
LOL -yeah its rediculous isn't it... Its not bad to have an alarm its just too loud. Take some tape and cover the buzzer.

***** Do not do the following. If you get hurt because you didn't wear your seatbelt ITS YOUR OWN FAULT! Always wear your seatbelt!

The rediculous process is in the manual goes something like this for my truck

Set the parking brake
Turn the ignition OFF
Seatbelts unbuckled

1> turn the ignition on but do not start the engine
2> wait until the safety belt light turn off
3> within 50 seconds of step 2 buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times ending with the belt unbuckled

The restrain warning system light should show for 3 seconds

4> Within 10 seconds of the light turning on buckle and then unbuckle the safety belt

You must repeat this process for each seat!

Old 11-27-2007, 04:28 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
www.fleet.ford.com you can find a manual too.

I havent done this but this is what I have seen posted before:

Permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that: The parking brake is set. The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual). The ignition is OFF. All doors are closed. The driver's safety belt is un-buckled. The parking and headlights are OFF. Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START. Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes). Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights. Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Shanemh
Senior User
Thanks for helpfull info, I wouldnt be driving on the road without a belt, just around the construction sites where I work. I'll try this when I get a chance.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:55 AM
gpeade
Elder User
yeah, it' really aggrivating when hopping in to drive through the woods hunting. Really don't see the need for the belt on a 5mph trip.
black04lariat, you mentioned the word permanent, is this correct? Is it not reversable once done?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 AM
llcool
Junior User
Buckle up for safety. LOL

Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 AM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by gpeade
yeah, it' really aggrivating when hopping in to drive through the woods hunting. Really don't see the need for the belt on a 5mph trip.
black04lariat, you mentioned the word permanent, is this correct? Is it not reversable once done?
I dont know. Not my words, That is just what I had seen posted before. If you have your manual its in there. Or you can get it off www.fleet.ford.com under the maintenance tab. I would imagine you can turn it back on, but i dont know, never done it myself.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:41 AM
chucks_net
Junior User
It is reversible by the same lenghty method

Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 PM
FHBrian
Junior User
Yes you can reverse it. You can turn it off each trip by buckling and unbuckling w/in a certain amount of time with starting or putting gear(can't remember which) but it is in your manual as well.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 AM
goingape
New User
has anyone gotten this to work on a 2004 F150? I tried both processes with no success. I agree seatbelts should be worn, but like the other guy, in and out all day on construction sites at low speeds, it becomes quite a pain.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:51 AM
hunt3r
Junior User
Originally Posted by chucks_net
LOL -yeah its rediculous isn't it... Its not bad to have an alarm its just too loud. Take some tape and cover the buzzer.

***** Do not do the following. If you get hurt because you didn't wear your seatbelt ITS YOUR OWN FAULT! Always wear your seatbelt!

The rediculous process is in the manual goes something like this for my truck

Set the parking brake
Turn the ignition OFF
Seatbelts unbuckled

1> turn the ignition on but do not start the engine
2> wait until the safety belt light turn off
3> within 50 seconds of step 2 buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times ending with the belt unbuckled

The restrain warning system light should show for 3 seconds

4> Within 10 seconds of the light turning on buckle and then unbuckle the safety belt

You must repeat this process for each seat!
I just did this one and it worked for me. I have an '06. Although, if you just want to temporarily disable it, you can start the truck and as soon as you do up your seatbelt, unbuckle it. This will turn off the chime for that ignition cycle.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM
scott1968
New User
my 05 f150 cant get the seatbelt buzzer to turn off please help

Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 PM
tharepairguy
Senior User
does not work on my 04...

Quick Reply: Seatbelt waning siren