The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

So bored.....ideas needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a lot Keith, I really appriciate that. She's my baby. So far she's been all the truck I needed. The only thing I could ask for is better gas milage hahaha

Do you have any pictures of your babies?

Old 11-28-2007, 02:51 PM
scrapyardking
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the weekends I like to take old lawnmowers and drive them through the woods It sounds a little retarded but it really is alot of fun.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scrapyardking
On the weekends I like to take old lawnmowers and drive them through the woods It sounds a little retarded
It sure does...

Tim

Old 11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
NNBlackGT
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 6CylBill
Thanks a lot Keith, I really appriciate that. She's my baby. So far she's been all the truck I needed. The only thing I could ask for is better gas milage hahaha

Do you have any pictures of your babies?
shoot i know what you mean, my probe doesnt even get good gas milage and im not sure about my truck i just got it and i still have to replace the gauges on the dash and a clutch lol. But yea i have pictures of my probe but none of the F150 yet but heres my probe gt.

this was when i bought it stock before mods
right as i got my Apex-i Exhaulst and DC Headers on

Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
crehberg
Senior User
Dude....riding lawnmowers around the woods.....I've got plenty of them old lawnmowers....I see a weekend full of fun ahead!!! Thanks for the idea scrapyardking!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Wow Keith that's a nice little car. It's not what I thought it would be. It's really sharp looking. I like those headers!

Also you may have said already, but is your truck carb'd or fuel injected? From what I understand the old carb'd models get about 20 mph. Not bad for a 4000 lb truck. Let me know when you get some pictures of it!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM
NNBlackGT
Freshman User
Wow Keith that's a nice little car. It's not what I thought it would be. It's really sharp looking. I like those headers!

Also you may have said already, but is your truck carb'd or fuel injected? From what I understand the old carb'd models get about 20 mph. Not bad for a 4000 lb truck. Let me know when you get some pictures of it!
got carb unfortunatly but i heard you can add stuff to carbs as well im trying to find some performance parts to the truck. you know anywhere i can get some at for it?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by NNBlackGT
got carb unfortunatly but i heard you can add stuff to carbs as well im trying to find some performance parts to the truck. you know anywhere i can get some at for it?

I wouldn't say unfortunately. You should get better gas milage and less to go wrong with it. Also you can build a carb. Plus it sounds better. And I believe the carb has five lbs more torque. I could be wrong but either way the torque is about the same, give or take a few lbs. The only difference is the horsepower and gas mileage.

I use Jegs when I have to, but other men on here would know of better places to order parts. Just make sure to always do research!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
EricW.
Senior User
Originally Posted by crehberg
So, finally finished my paper......so now I'm bored. What do you guys do on the cheap, on the weekends to keep the boredom down?
I work on my Lawn tractor/Yamaha XJ550 project, tune/tweak the Triumph Daytona, work on the trucks.....

Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
NNBlackGT
Freshman User
I wouldn't say unfortunately. You should get better gas milage and less to go wrong with it. Also you can build a carb. Plus it sounds better. And I believe the carb has five lbs more torque. I could be wrong but either way the torque is about the same, give or take a few lbs. The only difference is the horsepower and gas mileage.

I use Jegs when I have to, but other men on here would know of better places to order parts. Just make sure to always do research!
i dont use Jegs anymore they ripped me off on a part on my probe and never got it and spent 200 bucks on them and they wouldnt even resend it or give me a refund. i tend to go for Summit racing or Probeaddiction for my Probe now. Maybe Summit carrys stuff for my truck ill have to check it out.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Summit carries quite a bit of stuff for trucks, I got several things from them for my Ranger.

And if we're talking racing...I wish you lived closer NNBlackGT...I'd love to run the Silverado against you.

For entertainment, I'll take the clubs and go out to a field or the driving range and just hit some ***** for a little while, or play Gears of War, or do a little offroading.

Plus...there's always something to work on on the truck. And if there's not, there's always things to break to work on on the truck.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
NNBlackGT
Freshman User
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Summit carries quite a bit of stuff for trucks, I got several things from them for my Ranger.

And if we're talking racing...I wish you lived closer NNBlackGT...I'd love to run the Silverado against you.

For entertainment, I'll take the clubs and go out to a field or the driving range and just hit some ***** for a little while, or play Gears of War, or do a little offroading.

Plus...there's always something to work on on the truck. And if there's not, there's always things to break to work on on the truck.
maybe this summer i can get the truck and pull the probe out to where your at and we can hang out, race or just hit the bars or what not ive always wanted to go to oklahoma but havnt plus i know oklahoma has a big probe owners club out there too.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Bobby82490
Posting Guru
Talking

Originally Posted by scrapyardking
On the weekends I like to take old lawnmowers and drive them through the woods It sounds a little retarded but it really is alot of fun.
dosnt sound retarded at all , but really, me and some buddies had a "muddin lawnmower". It was a mower with a straight pipe, 4 wheeler tires on the back, and pulley changes. It would go 15mph and pull a damn good wheelie.. but the stupidest part was my buddy made the straight pipe and it pointed in front of the motor. Once we put that striaght pipe on it started burning oil, all that oil smoke came back in your face,lol and burned your eyes pretty bad. Of course we had no sense whatsoever to fix the exhaust.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I6power
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bobby82490
dosnt sound retarded at all , but really, me and some buddies had a "muddin lawnmower". It was a mower with a straight pipe, 4 wheeler tires on the back, and pulley changes. It would go 15mph and pull a damn good wheelie.. but the stupidest part was my buddy made the straight pipe and it pointed in front of the motor. Once we put that striaght pipe on it started burning oil, all that oil smoke came back in your face,lol and burned your eyes pretty bad. Of course we had no sense whatsoever to fix the exhaust.
Alright, i admit it, ive done it too. And yes, had fun while at it. My buddy used his moms old mower, i think he said all he did was get a bigger pulley and rigged up exhaust, something basic like that. It was really cool though it drove like a stick shift. That thing hauls *** but flips easy.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by I6power
It was really cool though it drove like a stick shift. That thing hauls *** but flips easy.
Hey we have one of those on our ranch...I love that thing, seven full gears. It will creep along in first or flat out run in seventh. Either way, it's damn good fun. Mudding on mowers does sound terribly fun.

NNBlackGT, sounds like a plan, let me know if you get down here, I'll probably be around (or in north Texas...close enough). Where's this Probe club at?

Quick Reply: So bored.....ideas needed