2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable Peddles

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
RPARKER559
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adjustable Peddles

Anybody know if I can put the Adjustable peddles in my 2007 f150 or is this a Factory install option?

Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm yet to read that anyone has added this option after purchase, so my guess is its factory installed. I would guess this poses a big safety issue as well, so I doubt ford makes them available for consumer purchase.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:58 AM
1966Mercury
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am actually working on that on a 04. I have the mechanical parts. Got them used for $50.00, but the two pedal assemblies are available from Ford. Retail can be pretty steep, but maybe you can find a parts guy to give you a break. I got the color matched dash surround and switch from my friendly Ford parts guy.

The bigest problem I found is in the wiring. If you look up under the dash above the pedal support you will find a grey 2 wire connector with a red and white wire in it. This is the motor feed. I think all the trucks have it. The big problem is in the 14401 main wiring harness. This is the switch feed to the dash switch. The easiest way to see if you have it is to remove the lower dash panel under the steering wheel. Then remove the lower screws for the dash surround (the part that surrounds the gauge cluster, not the whole dash). You won't have to pull it off, just move it out enough to look behind it. If you see on the left side even with the steering wheel a multi-wire plug (should have red,white,blk, blk-ltblue,purp) plugged into the back of the surround panel in the same spot as the switch then you are pre-wired and the install is plug and play. If not (like mine) then you either have to intall an whole new 14401 main dash harness or run the wires individualy. The '04 heritage and older trucks have the prewire. I found one in a wrecking yard and cut out the switch plug and part of the harness to make the connections. It will probably be a project so I am waiting until I can let the truck sit a few days to a week.

When I do it, I will take photos and post them.

It is do-able, but like everyhting else how much $$ and time do you have.