N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Slow T-day

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 05:54 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow T-day

Today was sort of a bust for us - our company will not arrive until Saturday, which will be our big meal day. So it was just the two of us today.

We did have a big breakfast (biscuits and gravy) and skipped lunch. But the day was not all bad as we decided to decorate for Christmas. The wrap around the bottom of the tree needed cleaning, otherwise we are done.

Except maybe this is the year I get to add an electric train to the set. The helper cat is jojo, and she will make her own nest under the tree!

Clint

Attached Images   
Old 11-22-2007, 06:36 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
My wife and I have an alternate Thanksgiving tradition. Since we are both California trasnplants and only her dad lives in this state, we don't really have much family to celebrate with. We hosted a "friend's Thanksgiving" on Sunday and invited a few close friends over. Our friend's really like it and get to share the meal with us and still get to be with their families today. My wife made a great turkey and all the trimmings. So now it is Thursday and I am already sick of turkey, which leads to the second tradition.

On Thanksgiving day, my father-in-law comes down from Sac and we all go to Concord an Indian buffet called Namaste. After eating turkey and trimmings for three days, a good curry dish is welcomed for the change.

We have been doing this for the last 7 years.

Have a great Thanksgiving Clint. Thanks for posting pics.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:26 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Ours was a laid back affair as well, we had a few friends down from the Bay Area, we spent most of the time across the street letting the kids ride the Quad and stirring up dust.

Aleshia made a pretty good bird, and I didn't destroy it too bad with the electric knife, so we're going to call it a sucessful day!

Old 11-23-2007, 03:10 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had to work. Oh well. But we did manage to burn a turkey and ate lots of stuff.

Hey Clint, that cat looks like she's got brighter eyes than any light on the Christmas tree. Are you sure she aint part of the decor?
Oh OK, I see she is in the next picture too. It is a cat.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 11-23-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
It was my turn to host the Turkey dinner this year. So we had my wife's family over and I had a good time talking to my Father in law, Mother in law, Sister and Brother in law.

For Christmas, I think we might take my folks to Bass Lake for a few days. It's nice and quiet and if it snows it's quite nice.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving ...

Old 11-24-2007, 04:56 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Mecinoid
I. . . .For Christmas, I think we might take my folks to Bass Lake for a few days. It's nice and quiet and if it snows it's quite nice.
Snow is nice to look at only if you don't have to work in it. I called my brother Thanksgiving and they had 8 inches, plus it had warmed up to 17 degrees from an overnight low of 1 degree.

Now you know why I live in California!

If you do make Bass Lake, I'll join you at the lodge for some coffee or maybe something more adult. If liz is still talking to me I'll bring her along.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Sounds great.... I love that area and if I don't make it up around Christmas and join you for a adult beverage, we'll make a point to do so right after the New Year to start things off just right.