1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Why do people need to be rude?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can say is ...God must love stupid people, because he sure made a lot of 'em! You just have to learn to tolerate them, after all, they don't know any better.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
I think it is like this....we have developed a society full of idiots.....mothers don't raise their kids, a day care does, we need a warning on a coffee cup to indicate that the contents may be hot, Family time is now time spent in front of the TV and we would rather call or email our neighbor than talk to them face to face...

What ever happened to self respect, respect for others along with common sense and decency.

I am just the opposite rather than assuming that the LOL comment meant laugh out loud, I would of thought it was a friendly gesture "lots of luck"...but that's just me I guess.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:50 PM
48 Steel
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
My grandfather had a saying: You can't win a pissing contest with a skunk.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:56 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally Posted by bememe
I put my truck in the classified ads awhile back. Went to look today and someone took the time to leave a comment of LOL. The funny part is this person probably knows squat about the truck. If you have nothing positive to say than don't bother saying anything at all! CHAPS MY ***!
Let me say up front that I am not taking a shot at you but I have to agree with you and the second guy who responded to your ad...you say "if you have nothing positive to say then don't bother saying anything at all" yet you place an ad in the classifieds with one small picture and NO write-up. Following your own advice one could draw the conclusion that you have nothing positive to say about your own truck.
Based on my own experience, if I were trying to get $18K for a truck then I would have lots of pics and lots of words to go with. I hope that there is more to your truck than what is shown in the single picture in your ad...you are not giving folks much to go on and in this day and age forums and email are the modes of communication..."give me a call" doesn't work for most folks today. A more appropriate response would have been to ask for more info/pics..."lol" is rather childish and shows a definite lack of maturity. IMHO

Old 11-23-2007, 04:04 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 48 Steel
My grandfather had a saying: You can't win a pissing contest with a skunk.
Another great one from someone before us. And soooooooo true. Thanks. I just love the snippets, quotations, diddys, and sayings from the Dads, Grandfathers, and old timers in general. They were so right on and generous of their knowledge. It is a time that we will never see again. Oh. how I miss the "good ole days" . Thanks again Mike. Hope to see your 48 someday soon since we are but 1 hour away from each other.
Jon

Last edited by CIAF; 11-23-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:14 PM
bememe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if it would have mattered that I had explained that this truck is essentially new under the sheet metal, which by the way is in excellent condition. Or that I have invested over 16,000 in parts, not to mention labor. Just really had to vent about those who choose to make unnecessary comments. One look at my gallery would have said alot and your point is taken on my lack of info.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
I have to agree, the picture and description does not justify the price in my opinion. I would suggest that you add some detail and additional photos if you intend to command that price for the truck. I hope that these comments do not offend you in any way and I wish you the best of luck in selling your truck.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
People do not need to be rude. They do not need to be CHEAP either.

Consider the source, and don't sell short.

Definitely do not sell short of what you have in it, no matter what is said.

A lot of people will try to convince you that what you have is not worth what you are asking. CHALLENGE them instead, suggest that they just can not afford it....

I learned that long ago from a salesman, as a tactic. You'd be amazed how many back up- and return with more money.

If they really want what you have, they will buy it. If they can't, why screw around with them?

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-23-2007 at 09:16 PM.