Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the decapitated dizzy LOL

heres the pict of that dizzy ..
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...0/DSCN1857.jpg

Carl: is that the style vac advance you were inquiring about ? be glad to remove it & send it on... no use for it. I'll probably just save the plate/weights and gear and toss the rest...

850rwhp...Nah looking for trq moslty as this will/may be the home puller till we can save enough bling to put down on a house.. Considering a 26-32 foot trailer and just save the rent $$ for a year.. Knowing the engine can be taken out later and brought to high heaven is cool though... **** I need to hit the lotto!!!!

Last edited by Redmanbob; 11-23-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:14 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carl, I hadnt advertised them....but the one time G put them on epay for me....and I had 2 bidders that were dead beat... So I just said fine... I'll keep them for the 395"er in the truck now......

But I know Bob is pinching pennies.....and I'd like to see him get something special going..... and If he doest want them? No Biggy....I'll keep them and use them on Old Blue.... and with the Cam upgrade....just use my center stands and the FFRP End stands....with some factory ajustables..... with a larger Hyd Cam...

I'll use the Ajustables....So I can set my pre-load to dead nuts.... and not have too think or worry about pushrod length.... So what..I'am Lazy!!! LOL

RJ

Old 11-23-2007, 06:38 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bob, hang onto that advance unit and add it to your stash it has a spring, washers and a phenolic limit stop inside the spring. Do me a flavor with a cherry on top and measure that phenolic plungers stop length I gots to know that measurement.
There were many different lengths and that 65 should have the short plunger for a car vs truck and before smog limiting crap came about.
Russ I do not own any fixed rockers in my stash. On the old motor i'm running FPP adjustable roller tip rockers, they look just like Dove's but have replaceable bushings. Two brass rings pressed into each end with a gap in the center for oiling went south around the 300K mile mark, they now have full width oillite bushing with a 120 degree Dremel cut oil groove.
In my stash I have a brand new set of TRW 427 style adjustable rockers, even thems ain't cheap last time I checked. I got them back in 81.
Bob you should of snagged that motor months ago as I let go three 428 cranks, two at standard with one at 10/10 they checked out crack free and would only take a polish no scratches. 3 fer 750 clams sold on the phone by word of mouth no shipping they picked up. Sorry about that boss.

Last edited by "Beemer Nut"; 11-23-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Well I thik I have two of these Carl.. seems the other dizzy picked up on ebay when the 352 was down to bits&pieces had that same style of advance on it. We'll pull out the crate and look in the AM. Might need some advice on the proper technique for dissasembly as to not **** anything up in the process. I think the other dizzy was from a late 50's wagon..

Nope just went and looked.. replaced with a modern style vac advance..

Last edited by Redmanbob; 11-23-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:02 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Take the worse one and chuck the bottom in the lathe or use a grinder and take off the teeth, up top pull the wire lock ring that is inside the points cam under the felt wick, it has ends pointng up. A PITA to remove then you can remove the springs, cam and weights.
Drift out the pin at the gear then wash everthing, oil the shaft and reinstall the gear and pin.
Congratulations: you're the proud happy owner of a baby Pre-Oiler.
Great for your next engine build just store it in a clean plastic bread bag, paper for your girlfriends when needed. Best ones with the rope handles that fit around their ears preventing accidential fall offs.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
LOL I'll stick to my 6" 1/4" drive socket ext & 2"lngth 1/4" thin wall socket for the pre oiling jazz... hella site easier than all that.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:29 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Originally Posted by Beemer Nut
Congratulations: you're the proud happy owner of a baby Pre-Oiler.
Great for your next engine build just store it in a clean plastic bread bag, paper for your girlfriends when needed. Best ones with the rope handles that fit around their ears preventing accidential fall offs.
LMAO!!!

Carl you crack me up!!

Old 11-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
JesüZ Kriminey!!! how soon 1 forgets how much work is involved in the tidy up process!!!! oh swell, hoping to put together some ebay sales for the next few weeks to assist in the (hot tank, magnflxn) if all checks out and we can move fwd... some sense of a plan will be laid out for the rot'n-asmbly.... and a very xtnsv porting plan put into action..

Brain C' who sold the package to me fwd'd a Pomona swap meet link, we'll be heading out to see what the skinny is on that place,..if any doo daddz can be had..4 a fair .01... ???? back to the bleeding knuckle dungeon!!!!

Old 11-24-2007, 03:55 PM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Yea lots o fun in cleanup mode!! LOL. Keep those VC's as is just clean them up a bit. Those sure would look purdy in chome tho!!! Put a $100 reserve on em. Let me know if there is any tidbits you need. Tomorrow I'll take a VC of the 390 and see what rockers it has. Non adjustables were stock but it's been rebuilt. If it has adjustables I'll throw them your way. Never know.

G.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
No need to toss them lemme knw.. seems 288.00 is base price via NAPA..for just rockers...so... I'm keeping the Pents as you all callem. Might have a friend pwdr coat'm.. we'll have to inquire on that.. I just wanna keep them so when that track time is finl the chebby peddler gets a duce gooze Ford/Merc whooped yo azz!! LOL..

still on cleanup!! my hands feel like a palmolive® special waiting to happen!!!

Old 11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Cool I'm glad your keeping them. They are hard to come by and would look cool powder coated. I'll keep you posted about the rockers. And you can't pay for them sorry!!! Free or nothing!! LOL

Old 11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Redmanbob
No need to toss them lemme knw.. seems 288.00 is base price via NAPA..for just rockers..
Wow I thought I overpaid like $9 each fir adjustable TRW's. For the life of me I haven't been able to land my thinker on where I stashed 'em.
Thee Ol Geareth Boxeth Needeth Somieth Lubieth, Canadian Mist on thee rocks.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Beemer Nut
Wow I thought I overpaid like $9 each fir adjustable TRW's. For the life of me I haven't been able to land my thinker on where I stashed 'em.
Thee Ol Geareth Boxeth Needeth Somieth Lubieth, Canadian Mist on thee rocks.
Name your poison Carl...tell me they are in NOS condition now... this is all that keeps me from becoming an ebay pawn>>>> I'd just as soon get NOS thru a friend who works for NAPA in NY as to pay any sense of a discount for fudgling pretties.. First things first.. Monday the lot goes to Don @ Costa Mesa Auto Machine.. for final cléNn and fluxN/.. then we'll go from there..

Old 11-24-2007, 07:37 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Like I said these are brand new still in their little blue TRW boxes. I went for roller tip rockers intending to use these TRW's for another build as I have a spare standard journal 428 crank, a bunch of rods and a few heads and intakes. I didn't mean to bait ya just stating what I paid years ago. I do want to keep them for another build, I ain't too broke or old yet.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
LOL you can have them back as soon as this rookie's birthday cake goes POP!! LOL... theres baound to be 15 good ones left LOL!!!

Quick Reply: 1965 Mercury 390 comeback