New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Fox
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Germany

Beeing a FTE Member since February 2006 i think ist more than time to say hello to you all and introduce myself.

My name ist Robert and i am a US Car and V8 fan from germany. Most of all cars we have over here are boring, quiet and very safe 4 cylinders with a low fuel thirst. No wonder with with fuel prices over here.
Driving an american V8 gets you head shakes every where you. At every fuel stop the first question is: how much does it take ??.
Standart Answer when i am on the road with the Mustang: low 12 on a good day

My first V8 was a blue 1984 F-150, followed by a 1990 F-250. 4 Years ago i made my great dream come true and bought a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 from Southern Motors in Pontiac,MI. Since the car left the container i was working on it. A rolling restauration. The black F-250 had to go this year for paying a lot of bills for mustang parts. A real sad day with lots of tears from my little 6 year old son. He loves V8s nearly more then me, so i had to promise to get a replacement for the Monster Truck.

I looked for ads for about 2 months here in germany, but nothing was for sale. So, thanks to the internet, i looked over to the USA and found my actual truck. The 1994 F-150. It looked very straight and solid on the pictures, but when it arrived in germany it was a total shock. Rust all over. Fuel tanks, brake lines, spring and shock hangers, everything was rusted or broken.
Now, half a year later i can see light on the other side of the tunnel. I hope after the winter the truck will be back on the road. Nice and Roaring .

You can have a look at all the trucks in my gallery.

Thank you so far hor all the help i received from this forum. Greetings from germany. Robert

Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Great intro Robert!

I'll bet a Mach I does turn a lot of heads n Europe and I'm sure it has a "presence" when your drive through the narrow streets. I remember being in Europe in the 1980's and we came across a black Trans Am with the 6.6L. It screamed American and Proud of it while parked next to the other cars. Keep on posting and if you haven't stopped by the International chapter, here's your chance: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum141/

Old 11-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Fox
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are right Dan, the Mach 1 is a Headturner whereever it appears. But the trucks get a lot of attention, too. It is something very special to live the american way of drive over here. But i dont want to drive anytihng else. Once you are V8 infected, there is noch healing possible :-)