Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New toolbox, or keep tonneau?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:00 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question New toolbox, or keep tonneau?

Ok so i got a dielema sorta, I've got a tonneau cover currently but i would really like a new toolbox for the bed. The reason being i have tools in the cab, and bed basically everywhere also i just have my tire jack laying in the bed of the truck since i got a subbox under the rear seat, Finally i plow in the winter and keep a spare hose, fluid, spring, etc.. incase i have a problem with the plow. BUT i really like the look of my tonneau on my truck. Go figure.

What do you guys think toolbox, or tonneau? Yeah i know there is a both combo but the few that i looked at were pretty expensive unless you guys got a toolbox-tonneau combo for less the 500, although less then 400 would be better (hell less then...Well i guess free i would prefer but then again wouldnt everyone) Alright thanks guys any helpful input is appreciated.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:03 PM
mattd17
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
if you decide to go with the toolbox, then i would be interested in purchasing the tonneau from you. so, if i was to give my vote, i would say go for the tool box !!!!

truth be told, i really miss my toolbox.. but i think these 5.5 beds are just too short to fill with a box. so i went with a DUHA storage unit for under the rear seat to hold my essentials... jack, shackles, tow straps, etc.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:11 PM
rebelyell618
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why not go with a in bed toolbox vs a over the rail on. so you can keep your cover and have a toolbox also. just a thought

something similar to these

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/...stingPage=true

http://www.uwsta.com/blue_stan_chest.html

I had in bed on my old truck and it was about three or four inches below the bed rails

Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I was looking around today and found a KingKong box for $40.

it fits inside the bed rails and would clear a tonneau cover just fine. it's dimensions are 3 1/2' x 2 1/2' x 2'

when my truck arrives off the container ship I'm going to go pick one up and bolt it into the bed

Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
wedge88
Senior User
Look in my gallery. I have a delta over the rail toolbox and a Extang Lo Pro Toolbox Tonneau cover that I bought at autoanything.com for under $200. I was in the same situation. The cover is a strong velcro rail that locks at the tailgate. Keeps 99% of water out of the bed and I still kept the toolbox.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
kellie_truxedo
Senior User
If you already have the tonneau cover then I would go with the under the rail toolbox. That way you won't have to give up the cover, but you would have the convenience of the toolbox too. It would help keep your pickup bed organized.