Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 01:42 PM
New User

njriderac is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear Air : Stumped

on my '08 lmt, my 2nd row ceiling air vents have a mind of their own.

Now you have the button 'REAR', which toggles the 2nd row's controls.. that is off. Now when I put the air on and adjust the fan speed, and /or the fan speed for the rear, the 2nd row (not 3rd) ceiling air vents sometimes have air flow, and sometimes don't.

What is the deal here? They should be flowing air in tune with either the main fan or the rear fan? which I don't know.. but right now they are sometimes off and sometimes on.. what gives? I'm ready to bring it into the dealer...

Old 11-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I found the same thing a day ago. It seems tied to temp. I had the front no a/c at 60f. The rear at 90f. It was only coming out of the floor under my seat towards the rear feet. I turned the front temp to 80 and it started coming out of the vents. WHo knows!

Old 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
New User

njriderac is starting off with a positive reputation.
man... that would be really strange. But yet the 3rd row ceiling vents are in perfect sync with the fan controls. I'm going to stop by a dealer - but i'm guessing they'll have no idea... don't you love the knowledge they posess of how the trucks actually worK?

I'm sensing a flaw...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Senior User

Newton007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
On my 07 the AC system has a mind of its own at times and does some strange things. When this happens I switch the AC system off then back on, then it starts working right (or the way I think it should any way).

See the other postings on here as many other people are having problems with their AC system as well.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I played around with the rear air/heat this weekend. I found that if you put the rear air on the highest heat setting, it only comes out on the floor, if you take the heat down one notch from highest, it goes to the roof vents. I will mess with it some more. doesn't seem right to me. Max heat should come out of all vents.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:19 AM
New User

mgar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool

I discovered the same problem last night with my 07 xlt. I had it working once not sure how but went out today and could not get air out of the ceiling vents with the rear button pressed. However there was flow coming out behind the second row seating on the floor???? What gives???
Old 01-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Senior User

IQ9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was told only A/C comes out of the ceiling vents.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Senior User

nebmike is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was a bit frustrated with this on my EL also. Coming from an Excursion where "I" got to pick where the air came from, I found it a bit odd that these Expy's wont let you choose. It would seem that the truck picks which way it thinks is best for the conditions... much like how it adjusts the air flow from the dash in the auto setting.

Its a pain for me, because with the seats folded and the back end set up for my three big dogs, the "floor" vent between the 2nd and 3rd row seats is obstructed.

You have a little better control if you use the rear passenger controls rather than the dash controls. With the temp control **** set about in the middle, you get air overhead.
2007 Laredo 315RL 5'er, 35', 11.5k, Onan 4k
Old 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM
New User

nfntruth79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I actually had my truck in two weeks ago for that reason (don't use heat often in San Diego) because no hot air would come out of the top vents. It took them all day to figure it out, but they discovered (duhhhh!) cold air exchange is on the top, hot air is only on the bottom, exactly as designed.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Junior User

Ogio is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfntruth79
I actually had my truck in two weeks ago for that reason (don't use heat often in San Diego) because no hot air would come out of the top vents. It took them all day to figure it out, but they discovered (duhhhh!) cold air exchange is on the top, hot air is only on the bottom, exactly as designed.
Hot air will come out of the top rear vents, just not on the hottest setting.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:31 AM
New User

mgar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question

So with the "rear" button pressed I should be able to get air out of the top vents if I move the thermostat to between cold and cold/hot?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 AM
New User

nfntruth79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogio
Hot air will come out of the top rear vents, just not on the hottest setting.
Its not so much that you are getting hot air out of the top, its just the controls are set to "warm", which kind of gives you cool air from the top, and warm air from the bottom, so I suppose it may be warmer than ambient but not true heated air.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator