Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Happy Thanksgiving ....

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy thanksgiving and post your favorite Thanksgiving recipes here......
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I'll echo Seans' good tidings to all my FTE friends.

My favorite Thanksgiving recipe...anything someone else is making!!! I'll help with the dishes however!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Cranberry Vodka

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Click the image to open in full size. </TD></TR><TR><TD>1 pound cranberries
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, split
1 bottle tonic
Lime slices, for garnish

Place cranberries, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Place pan over medium heat and stir. Simmer cranberry mixture until the berries burst, about 5 to 6 minutes.

Divide mixture in half and pour into large, clean mason jars. Pour vodka into the jars to cover the berries. Set aside and allow to sit for 1 week. After 1 week, strain out the cranberries and store cranberry vodka in a clean jar in the refrigerator.

To serve: Pour 2 ounces of vodka mixture over ice in a tall glass and top with tonic. Garnish with a slice of lime.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Click the image to open in full size. </TD></TR><TR><TD>1 pound cranberries
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, split
1 bottle tonic
Lime slices, for garnish

Place cranberries, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Place pan over medium heat and stir. Simmer cranberry mixture until the berries burst, about 5 to 6 minutes.

Divide mixture in half and pour into large, clean mason jars. Pour vodka into the jars to cover the berries. Set aside and allow to sit for 1 week. After 1 week, strain out the cranberries and store cranberry vodka in a clean jar in the refrigerator.

To serve: Pour 2 ounces of vodka mixture over ice in a tall glass and top with tonic. Garnish with a slice of lime.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 11-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
I'll echo Seans' good tidings to all my FTE friends.

My favorite Thanksgiving recipe...anything someone else is making!!! I'll help with the dishes however!!!

Well then your welcome to come and eat at our place..
Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglaine
Well then your welcome to come and eat at our place..
Don't say that to loud you might start a stampede...

Ken will be there Wednesday with fork in hand, so he doesn't miss it..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Happy Thanksgiving to all..

I would say don't eat to much, but I know that is an impossible feat..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjamer

What makes you think I'd wait unti Wednesday??? My two favorite words are free and food...put them together and this boy is in heaven!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjamer

Your welcome to come to Don..There will be plenty..
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Posting Legend

Great Country Stuffing

2 loaves oven-dried white bread (recommended: Pepperidge Farm)
2 cups cooked white rice
1 sleeve crushed saltines
1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
2 cups chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
7 cups chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 stick butter, melted
Mushroom Giblet Gravy, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Crumble oven-dried bread into a large bowl. Add rice and saltines.

Cook sausage in a large skillet until it starts to brown. Add celery and onion and saute until transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour over bread and rice mixture. Add stock and mix well. Add salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning. Mix well. Add the beaten eggs and melted butter. Mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the stuffing mixture for the Mushroom Giblet Gravy.

Pour stuffing into a greased pan and bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 45 minutes.

Mushroom Giblet Gravy:
4 cups turkey or chicken stock
Giblets from 1 turkey
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons reserved stuffing mixture
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup cold water
2 pints button mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons butter
1 hard boiled egg, sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring stock and giblets to a boil. Add bouillon and reserved stuffing mixture. Make a slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and water and add to the boiling stock; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms until browned in butter. Add mushrooms to gravy with egg and salt and pepper, to taste.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Junior User

NHTriton is starting off with a positive reputation.
Venison Meat Pie

2 9 inch pie crusts
1 lb ground venison
1 lb ground hamburger
2 cups cubed potatoes, cooked then mashed
1 small onion chopped
your favorite seasonings (salt, pepper, whatever)

Saute meats and onion together with seasoning until cooked through.
Combine with mashed potatoes. Pour mixture into one pie crust and top with the other pie crust.
Bake at 375 for about an hour.

(if venison not available, use ground sausage)

This and my mom's cheese sauce is a must have for our family's T-day meal.
I think we'd kick her out of the family if she didn't make a T-day meat pie.

It tastes excellent reheated as leftovers with a bit of ketchup on top.

co-owner of 2004 F350
Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
WHAT, ME WORRY?

PSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant future
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Wish I could have made the GTG, but hopefully I'll make the next one.
Dick...Slackmaster #29/Avid Winter Hater!!!
Member of the Massachusetts Chapter
"We get too soon old and too late smart"
PJ - RIP
FORD POWERSTROKE DIESEL..WHEN THE TURBO SPOOLS THE BS ENDS!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD DickW
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Wish I could have made the GTG, but hopefully I'll make the next one.

We will have a Meet in Jan so come up with ideas that you guys like to do that month..
Old 11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglaine
Your welcome to come to Don..There will be plenty..
Thanks, but I will be at my brothers house plowing through some turkey and fixings..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 11-19-2007, 12:44 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD DickW
You missed a good one Dick..

We had to keep Sean away from trying on the chastity belt..

But hey there is always next time...
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Elder User

gray91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. The GTG was great -- I'lm having Thanx meal with my mother and brother since wife and kids are away til December. Of course we will finish up with the "Sglaine Pie Co." pumpkin pie and feedback will follw, as requested. But a made-from-scratch pumpkin pie is likely a sure hit.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter