Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Junior User

Montana Mark is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bad day hunting

Hey guys,

I was hunting near Fort Shaw on Saturday and had a mishap with my Bronco. The story and pics are in the Big Bronco forum. Here is a link.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...y-hunting.html
Besides my neighbor, only one guy stopped to help and he was driving a Ford Truck!

Last edited by Montana Mark; 11-18-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Corrected link
Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Major bummer... I managed to anchor a muley doe yesterday... I passed up on a small buck two weeks ago, I was thinking Karma would grant me a bigger one, but nope...

I was just commenting to my neighbor about being able to fix these rigs by the side of the road if necessary, as he was telling me about all the problems his car was having...
Old 11-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't know if anyone would believe me without pictures... I can't believe this happened to two people, identical situations too... I was just headed to meet up with a couple friends to go hunting with for the morning. I was making good time, and then I went around a corner and BANG BANG BANG Thump.

Luckily I was thinking about your situation, and I just scrounged lugnuts from the other wheels and met up with my buddy about a mile down the road and had a successful morning, I had a whitetail doe tag to fill...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Junior User

That is wierd, I'm glad you got it back on the road and got your doe. My Bronco is back on the road and the last few days have been much better. My 12 year old son shot his first deer yesterday, a 4x3 Mule Deer. My 16 year old daughter shot a 5x5 Whitetail this morning, her first deer also, and I filled my whitetail doe tag, both whitetails were down by 8 am. It turned out to be a good hunting season afterall.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Post Fiend

My buddy's dad shot a nice 3x3 Muley less than 500 yards from us, I was just clicking the off button on my deer and spooked one my buddy had his sights on, so he was the only one to get skunked, he went back out this evening but I haven't heard from them yet.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Post Fiend

So, a couple of advantages to the rear disk brakes, besides better stopping, it took about an hour to have the studs pounded out and new ones in and all back together. When something like this does happen, you don't have 25-30 pieces to fly out and break.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Postmaster

lostin90s is starting off with a positive reputation.
I read in the forums About the big bang . Glad you got it one road. It looks like a solid ride.

Lost from PA
Red Neck rule #1 If you drive a truck you should always be looking for trucks to get parts off of. If you can't find part used you aren't looking hard enough.

94 F150 XLT 4x4 SC LB MAF 302 E4od 3:55 ls rear
MSD blaster coil ,cap rotor ,Fordracing 9mm wires
Old 11-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Junior User

Matt,
I noticed the rotors were drilled, is that a kit or a homemade disk conversion? I would love to put disks on the back of my Bronco and my F150. I have a lincoln Versiles rear axle for the 67 Mustang whenever I get around to starting on it.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Post Fiend

It was a kit from steeltechsolutions.com I ordered the rear brake proportioning valve from Jegs for $37, the kit was $220, calipers were $15 ea, brake pads were $20, brake hoses were $8 ea (2 total) then some miscellaneous stuff that I can't remember. The rotors are GM 1/2T 4wd front rotors. They are actually smaller than the rotors on the front of your Bronco and F150, but they stop my truck very well, approximately 20 feet sooner @ 50 mph than with rear drum brakes.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter