Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Freshman User

tdbudman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fix your factory cd eject error message

if your getting the eject error message on your factory in dash cd player it may just be as simple as cleaning the ribbon wire connections inside the cd palyer. Just pull it out of the dash, and separate the cd player from the radio. (There are just four small screws to seperate them.) Then with a small jewler's screw driver remove the clips securing the ribbon wire to the connectors. Clean the wire connectors with an eraser and or some contact cleaner and re-assemble in the reverse order. It should be good to go.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
New User

caearly is starting off with a positive reputation.
CD player error

How do you pull the cd/radio? Can't see where there are clips or screws or anything. Got a CD in the drive that I cannot eject. Husband's has the same problem, but he got the last CD out and we just don't use the player at all. Bummer!
Appreciate your advice. Are there drawings available from Ford, do you know? Probably could get the CD if I could get into the player.
Thanks!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
New User

enyapp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caearly View Post
How do you pull the cd/radio? Can't see where there are clips or screws or anything. Got a CD in the drive that I cannot eject. Husband's has the same problem, but he got the last CD out and we just don't use the player at all. Bummer!
Appreciate your advice. Are there drawings available from Ford, do you know? Probably could get the CD if I could get into the player.
Thanks!
The factory indash radio has 2 holes on each side of the front panel. They sell a tool set to remove it or you can make your own set from a sturdy wire coat hanger. Cut two sections approx 10 inches or so and bend each one into a U shape. Insert the exposed ends of the U shaped wire into the holes on the front panel (one U-shaped tool in each side). Holding both U-shaped tools (one in each hand) pry/pull apart (away from each other) while pulling the tools toward you. This should pull the whole unit out.
Good luck!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Elder User

1081 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know this is an old thread, but if you are still listening....can you clarify on the "ribbon" or take a picture of what your talking about? I took mine out, took it apart, and sprayed it with electrical cleaner but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Senior User

TEEJAY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just tried this fix and I'm happy to report it DOES WORK! Carefully take apart the trim and remove the console cover (two 7mm screws) to release the bottom of the trim piece. My 2006 EB had 7mm screws and not the old slots to hold the unit in. Once removed, disassemble the cage and remove the cd changer. I carefully seperated the ribbon, cleaned the contacts and reassembled. Figured I'd try it before taking the unit in for service. It took a few clicks and shuffles but soon the cd player was working again and able to eject all the cd's that were stuck in it. Works great!
1992 F-150 4x4 300 5 Speed SOLD
1992 Explorer 4x4 V6 AUTOSOLD
1997 F-250 LD 5.4L AUTO K&N Western Uni-mount
1997 Explorer 4X4 V-8 SOLD
2005 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L Advanced Cover, Chrome Grill, Truck Tech step bars
2006 EB Explorer V-6
Old 06-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Freshman User

tdbudman is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's obvius once you get in there. Just separate the cd changer from the radio and you'll see the ribbon wire connecting the cd player to the radio. Can't miss it. If I recall its white.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:19 AM
New User

rickheel is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is white. Just be careful to remove it from the CD changer. Clean it and reinsert it very carefully!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Junior User

Vegas Ernie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the good info on pulling the cd changer. Actually used to pieces of heavy duty mechanics wire, but was pushing them in trying to release the unit, so thanks once again.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:03 PM
New User

TheBoyd1027 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2001 Sport Trac. Every time i press the cd button the radio makes a clicking noise for about 30 seconds and then says "CD ERROR". When i press the load button it tells me that the slots are all full; and with the eject button it makes the clicking noise again and then the "CD ERROR" again.

This all started when my brother put a small cd-rom in the cd player because he thought it would play it. I have retrieved the cd from the player and it continues to make the same noise. Other places on the internet says that i should pull the fuse and it will re-align the racks(which i assume is clicking).

How do i fix it?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Senior User

Frat-man-du is starting off with a positive reputation.
The racks should have reset when you pulled the unit of to perform the process above. If not then pullig the fuse is easier than pulling the unit out and unplugging the ribbon connector and power.

I dont see the micro/mini CD causing any damage, unless the removal process was harsh. The cleaning process should clear it up like a 5 minute job if you have the removal tool.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator

Tags
cd, eject, error, explorer, f150, f250, factory, fix, ford, mountaineer, player, problem, radio, removing, repair, ribbon